Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Just now, tttocs said:

GTN750 compatibility would be a flightsim hack, not a way to make this a better model of a RW DA62, which would never feature such a thing.  Realair supported the GTN 750 on other planes because they made sense in what were otherwise analog panels.

I'd rather see continued G1000 improvements so that the plane could be flown and managed as it would in the real world.

Scott

I hear you, and somewhat agree. If the G1000 improves a lot, with Navigraph-integration, SID/STAR and all other good stuff and to get rid of the built in navigation database. I know Sean is most likely working on something like this. And I hope his family situation improves! Best wishes!

5 hours ago, djmarty said:

Well. It needs a addon AIRAC system ASAP. To use the built in one is - to be honest - bullfeces.. Even if you update it (which more then often makes other stuff break).

Would also love to see a GTN750 compability which all the Realair products had. Since the G1000 is a bit fiddly sometimes...

The AIRAC is essentially whatever AIRAC you have in P3D, as the G1000 gets it's navdata from P3D. If you want updated navdata in the G1000 you need fsaerodata to update the P3D database, the added benefit being your entire sim is updated. I have NEVER had a case where fsaerodata broke anything in P3D. Personally, I would rather the G1000 had it's own current database, but that's the problem...name a nav addon that has a current database.

Kind Regards

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hi just purchased and really enjoying flying this plane, need some help with flight plan activation I make up flightplan in p3d planner and I can see it in the g1000 but only the first leg is active how do I activate the rest of the legs up until now I just fly the legs manually never used the g1000 before have started working thru the manual but a awful lot to get thru.

jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi,

what do you mean with "activate the rest of the legs"? Do you see the flight plan in the G1000? Dors the AP follow the flight plan?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

yes I can se all of the flightplan ap is on gps and nav selected first leg in magenta is followed but none of the other legs get highlife do in magenta so the rest of the fp does not get followed.

jim

Edited by jimimac

thank you,Jim

Sorry, I'm flying in another plane right now. I'll try to figure something out later.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I can tell you how I get it working, maybe you see what you do different.

I load the flight plan and check it in the G1000. I press the CDI button until the indicator in the compass rose turns magenta and reads GPS. After take off I align the a/c with the first heading, trim it and select AP, YD, FD, ALT, and NAV. I check that the corresponding indications are lit in the top line, also that the waypoints are correct. Then the AP follows the flight plan.

Do you do anything different?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

no I do the same first waypoint which is a vor tracks ok this is highlighted in magenta  after passing this waypoin the aircraft does not follow the next leg which is not highlighted in magenta this is also a vor,, I will try this flight again maybe I missed something .

jim

thank you,Jim

For some reason, my GTN750 just popped up in my F1GTNConfig tool. And now it "works"!

At least I'm able to use it to fly according to an addon database, and load procedures easier

I downloaded the plane last week and like it a lot but I have no interior sounds.

I've done all the suggested things (reinstall the sound config via the config app, completely reinstalled 2X, checked all my permissions.

I'm still waiting (over a week now) for Support (Sean) to get back to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's a little eerie to fly with no interior sounds other than the runway rumble.

thanks

Ron

BTW, I agree the G1000 could use some work but it works better than the Carenado's ones. I find if I just enter/modify my flight plan via my EFB (Aviasoft), it works great.

Just have to add altitudes to the waypoint if you want.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, djmarty said:

Well. It needs a addon AIRAC system ASAP. To use the built in one is - to be honest - bullfeces.. Even if you update it (which more then often makes other stuff break).

Would also love to see a GTN750 compability which all the Realair products had. Since the G1000 is a bit fiddly sometimes...

Well, I do so respect there are personal issues - but if there is no further development on a basically brilliant idea, it is such a shame when such a magnificent project stagnates. Flight envelope works really well, is v close to the real thing, but if you offer the G1000 manual on the website and the software can only perform 30% of the real system, that's a bit off. Nice eye candy, but it would be great if AIRAC and navigational behavior would be more accurate. I'd be happy to pay PMDG rates like $120++ if it were equipped with more system accuracy. Kudos, Sean, but that would be wonderful. Otherwise, it's a castrated version of something that has so much potential, I am flying DAs all the time, and we agree it could even be a great training tool - not a video game. (by the way, your rendering of the flight deck is wonderful, just a bit lacking in system depth when you fly the real thing all the time) Just my 2 cents. And that differentiates your rendering from a company starting with C.  

Edited by Bazza744
  • Upvote 3

Agreed. One of the major things I noticed in my review was that it had so much potential to be something truly great, but it just wasn't "there" yet. Hopefully Sean can resolve everything in his personal life and he is able to come back better than ever in the future.

• Like 1

Thank you so much - it's great I am not alone with my opinion. This is not about putting pressure on Sean at all, but to support him as he seems to be a great guy and amazing coder. The fact that his user base contains amateurs/enthusiasts to DA pilots like myself should be an inspiration. And working with the G1000 all the time, it just bothers me to try to handle the crippled Vertx version, I have about 800 hours on the 744 (Level-D, of course), but PMDG is accurate to 90%+ there. So if that could be realized for the 62, it would be amazing. Procedures including SID/STARS are vital, icing isn't modeled yet, and of course, this is an evolving process. I haven't given up hope yet....

Like every one else I hope the Sean gets things sorted in his life. I liked his DA-62 so much that it really has me turned off to all the other GA stuff for P3D. I do wish someone could give us some update of what to expect in the future. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Yes ! It is the ONLY competent GA aircraft for P3D - so it would be wonderful to see it mature into a realistic project.