Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

I understand the economics of this, but there are some basics which need to be fixed - like overshooting corners under G1000 control. Try flying through the mountains in poor vis in a plane which overshoots corners. 

And not being able to pan the map is a right royal PITA when trying to replan a route mid-flight due to a failure for example.

All I can say is that I've stopped flying it for now, and look forward to the next update.

12 hours ago, SledDriver said:

I understand the economics of this, but there are some basics which need to be fixed - like overshooting corners under G1000 control. Try flying through the mountains in poor vis in a plane which overshoots corners. 

And not being able to pan the map is a right royal PITA when trying to replan a route mid-flight due to a failure for example.

All I can say is that I've stopped flying it for now, and look forward to the next update.

Are there many situations where you fly IFR between a close range of mountains in IMC? The corner overshoot is not that large on approaches. Not saying this shouldn’t be fixed, but I don’t think this makes it unusable. You can always activate the next waypoint in advance in particular situations where you think an overshoot would be a big problem.

1 hour ago, Karelpatch said:

Are there many situations where you fly IFR between a close range of mountains in IMC? The corner overshoot is not that large on approaches. Not saying this shouldn’t be fixed, but I don’t think this makes it unusable. You can always activate the next waypoint in advance in particular situations where you think an overshoot would be a big problem.

Yes of course, there are workarounds, and I've done all that.

I don't want to sound like I'm being overcritical here. Not at all. I'm just saying it as I see it right now.

And as I have all of Sean's earlier planes, most of which run the just about perfect Flight1/Garmin GTN750, with none of the limitations I experience at present in the DA62, I find that, not by choice, but just naturally, I end up flying the other planes at this time, and not the DA62.

For 'fun' or 'sport' flying, then DA62 is really nice. But most of my flying is deliberately IFR in IMC and night - that's just what I enjoy right now, so I'd rather be in a plane which is complete. That's all.

I expect/hope that will change after Sean's next update, although I will still fly the RealAir/GTN stuff as it is just so good.

5 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Yes of course, there are workarounds, and I've done all that.

I don't want to sound like I'm being overcritical here. Not at all. I'm just saying it as I see it right now.

And as I have all of Sean's earlier planes, most of which run the just about perfect Flight1/Garmin GTN750, with none of the limitations I experience at present in the DA62, I find that, not by choice, but just naturally, I end up flying the other planes at this time, and not the DA62.

For 'fun' or 'sport' flying, then DA62 is really nice. But most of my flying is deliberately IFR in IMC and night - that's just what I enjoy right now, so I'd rather be in a plane which is complete. That's all.

I expect/hope that will change after Sean's next update, although I will still fly the RealAir/GTN stuff as it is just so good.

Totally understand. Still been using this plane for an around the world trip with many many stops and with the maximum realism I can use and it’s been perfect for learning IFR procedures and the use of the G1000.

Excellent. I've done round the world twice in GA planes. Makes you realise how big the world really is. 🙂

First time was in the RealAir Lancair Legacy, second time in the RealAir Duke Turbine 2.

Enjoy your adventure!

On 8/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, SledDriver said:

Excellent. I've done round the world twice in GA planes. Makes you realise how big the world really is. 🙂

First time was in the RealAir Lancair Legacy, second time in the RealAir Duke Turbine 2.

Enjoy your adventure!

I really liked how the Realair Turbine Duke had some engine management and failures. I wish we could have this on the DA62. I know the plane is pretty straightforward but at least some overheating issues woud be nice.

For now I've been spending a lot of time in Alaska. Orbx has done such a good job, I can't stop exploring this huge area.

Edited by Karelpatch

13 hours ago, Karelpatch said:

I really liked how the Realair Turbine Duke had some engine management and failures. I wish we could have this on the DA62. I know the plane is pretty straightforward but at least some overheating issues woud be nice.

For now I've been spending a lot of time in Alaska. Orbx has done such a good job, I can't stop exploring this huge area.

It might not be quite what you meant, but if you take off in warmer temperatures and climb at 96kts at climb power you will fairly quickly get a gearbox overheat warning. You need to increase airspeed to about 106kts to alleviate/avoid this.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

At first, I would already be grateful if icing were taken into account in the first place. We currently have a DE-ICE fluid available in the config menu that is absolutely useless.

That doesn't stop me from saying that it's one of the best aircraft/addon in this category. Let's hope....

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

6 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

At first, I would already be grateful if icing were taken into account in the first place. We currently have a DE-ICE fluid available in the config menu that is absolutely useless.

That doesn't stop me from saying that it's one of the best aircraft/addon in this category. Let's hope....

Richard

That’s what I’m very curious about! Are you sure the de-ice switch doesn’t work? 

6 hours ago, markadeane said:

It might not be quite what you meant, but if you take off in warmer temperatures and climb at 96kts at climb power you will fairly quickly get a gearbox overheat warning. You need to increase airspeed to about 106kts to alleviate/avoid this.

Do you think that if I activate Engine stress damage engine in P3D this could lead to failures?

If only they could work with Realsimgear and make it compatible with G1000 Suite. Im tired of the 4K performance with XP11 so i will test it with p3dv4 in 4K, its a shame that there is no G1000 equipped airplanes with p3dv4 compatible with Realsimgear, noway im going back to p3dv3

Did anyone come across VC going completely dark in the middle of the flight?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

13 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Did anyone come across VC going completely dark in the middle of the flight?

Not seen that in many flights.

56 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Not seen that in many flights.

but you did at some point? I took a short 210NM flight late last night, left it in the spot view for approximately 70NM, switch the view to VC and got a big black wall between the back seat and the VC without being able to recover from it so I bombed the flight. E-mailed Sean to see what he has to say about it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

but you did at some point? I took a short 210NM flight late last night, left it in the spot view for approximately 70NM, switch the view to VC and got a big black wall between the back seat and the VC without being able to recover from it so I bombed the flight. E-mailed Sean to see what he has to say about it.

Oxygen? Which altitude?

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|