Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Hi When new liveries or a paint kit for DA62

On 10/15/2019 at 7:36 PM, lownslo said:

No, RealAir ceased operations because Rob wanted to retire.  Sean, being very talented, proceeded on with his own products... like the DA62.  Remember too, that it was Sean who made up the P3Dv4 installers for RealAir products (after they ceased ops) like the Lancair and Turbine Duke... at no charge to those who bought the original aircraft.  To be clear, I'm in no way associated with Sean or RealAir... indeed I still can't bring myself to buy an airplane as fugly as the DA-62. :biggrin:  That has nothing to do with Sean's talent!

Hopefully Sean and his family are doing well and he'll soon be able to rejoin us.

Greg

The specifics are not important what is important is a new product was released by a developer who has no time to support it and many people are not happy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

The specifics are not important what is important is a new product was released by a developer who has no time to support it and many people are not happy.

Luckily there are people like Sean who care more for their family instead of their flightsim toy. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Luckily there are people like Sean who care more for their family instead of their flightsim toy. 

Yes but... How long would it take to send out a quick message update on the website?

2 minutes at most?

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

44 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Yes but... How long would it take to send out a quick message update on the website?

2 minutes at most?

Sean Moloney is the owner of Vertx and continues to sell his product with a note of support. And many months ago he just disappeared. And all statements for this are written by members and not official.

Don't get me wrong, i love the RealAir und Vertx airplanes and Sean is an artist in the developer field. But I see it the same way, a sign of life and a 2 minute statement is not too much to ask. I also care about my family, but I still go to work every day...

Edited by Raller
  • Upvote 2

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

On 10/15/2019 at 4:56 PM, Boeing or not going said:

RealAir disappeared because the developers could not continue to support their products... but why come back with a new product if you are not going to have time to support it all over again? His family member has unfortunately been sick since RealAir was around. Not supporting your product is not very nice to paying customers whatever the reason is.

Not quite. I continued support for at least a year or so after we closed RealAir. We didn't sell anything after the close date because we did not want to take advantage knowing there would be limited future support. I believe Sean is still providing old RealAir installer renewals and downloads. I hope you don't mind that people reach a certain age and they do want to retire. Do you expect people to go on indefinitely? at 65? 70? 80? 

Who knows, maybe you expect support from the grave [ : )

Sean started up on his own after I retired. His enterprise has no connection with the former RealAir Simulations.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, shivers9 said:

That is as for as I can remember all true. It is too bad really. Many of the Dev's have a lot of talent but I have been at this hobby for 25 years plus and with a couple of exceptions, I don't believe any of the Dev's really do more than just toy around with flight sim add ons and never get very serious about them. Most of them make their money else where and just take a shot at our bank account once in a while. I used to do a lot of Bass Fishing. We had a saying about the sale of fishing equipment. New lures were not designed to catch fish. They were just made to catch fisherman! LOL It is all just a con job really like the new I-phones now with 3 cameras!! and sometimes you can talk on them if they work. LOL!!

I started uploading free products in 1995, and RealAir ran for a good sixteen years or so. I don't recall ever "toying" around. Either Sean or I were on hand for email support at least 14 hours per day seven days a week every single week for those seventeen years, including public holidays and even Christmas day, New Year and Easter. Full time job - no time for anything else. This is a long way from your "toying" theory!

I also contributed to a large number of freeware projects and products while RealAir was running. 

So I think your post is somewhat innacurate, and rather unkind to a lot of developers I am aware of who work extremely hard. Do you have any idea how many hundreds/thousands of hours it takes to design a decent product?

Edited by robert young
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

3 hours ago, robert young said:

Not quite. I continued support for at least a year or so after we closed RealAir. We didn't sell anything after the close date because we did not want to take advantage knowing there would be limited future support. I believe Sean is still providing old RealAir installer renewals and downloads. I hope you don't mind that people reach a certain age and they do want to retire. Do you expect people to go on indefinitely? at 65? 70? 80? 

Who knows, maybe you expect support from the grave [ : )

Sean started up on his own after I retired. His enterprise has no connection with the former RealAir Simulations.

I started uploading free products in 1995, and RealAir ran for a good sixteen years or so. I don't recall ever "toying" around. Either Sean or I were on hand for email support at least 14 hours per day seven days a week every single week for those seventeen years, including public holidays and even Christmas day, New Year and Easter. Full time job - no time for anything else. This is a long way from your "toying" theory!

I also contributed to a large number of freeware projects and products while RealAir was running. 

So I think your post is somewhat innacurate, and rather unkind to a lot of developers I am aware of who work extremely hard. Do you have any idea how many hundreds/thousands of hours it takes to design a decent product?

I did not say I expected support from Real Air and "support from the grave" what I said is a developer has come back here and sold a NEW product and customers who purchase and expect support are finding an almost abandoned product with the only support from other users spending time helping them if they post in here.

6 hours ago, robert young said:

"I don't believe any of the Dev's really do more than just toy around with flight sim add ons and never get very serious about them. "

I did not mean to point a finger at all Dev's in the post. I should have said "many" and not "any" in the above sentence. Other than that I stand behind what I said.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Unfortunately, I've been waiting on support for no interior sounds since July. Someone from the Facebook site did message me but I had done all of his suggestions (and all from AVSIM) prior.

I totally understand "Family First", so I'll just keep flying the 62 without interior sounds till Sean is able to contact me.

Ron.

I find some of these posts sorely lacking knowledge of how life works. You just automatically hang the guy without a drop of useful knowledge. Have you not been alive long enough to witness somebody you knew, have their life turned upside down  or inside out ,because of something going on in the life of a loved one or a friend. Just in case you haven't, I can only hope you never do.

Apparently, for some, it is impossible to understand that life can be more important than pretending to fly at a desktop. Reality can trump fantasy at any time.

• Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

This is completetely understandable, but if you release something as a commercial product, it can't just be frozen completely like that. I have harped on enough about the DA62 being way too cheap. I alwas saw this as a potential study-level product in the pipeline, so it's a big shame this might be discontinued. Just my 2 cents as someone who flies real DAs, so the lack of IFR functionality etc. is just a big drawback. In its present state, it is a nice plane with reasonable flight characteristics, but still in its infancy on the systems side, All kudos to Sean, best wishes for his personal background, I Still have some hope it might become more than a nice toy soon. Won't be using it until then.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bazza744 said:

but if you release something as a commercial product, it can't just be frozen completely like that

I totally agree with that:
We're not talking about private life here, we're talking about business relationships!
No matter where and whenever, when I buy a product, I want support for it ! And if there is only one developer (which is strange enough), he has to take care that someone else takes over the necessary support !
Any other approach is unacceptable !

greetings

ggerolamo

• Upvote 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

On 10/19/2019 at 10:16 PM, FDEdev said:

Then why did he release a paying product that customers expected support? What kind of negative attitude do some developers have against paying customers?

15 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I find some of these posts sorely lacking knowledge of how life works. You just automatically hang the guy without a drop of useful knowledge. Have you not been alive long enough to witness somebody you knew, have their life turned upside down  or inside out ,because of something going on in the life of a loved one or a friend. Just in case you haven't, I can only hope you never do.

Apparently, for some, it is impossible to understand that life can be more important than pretending to fly at a desktop. Reality can trump fantasy at any time.

The family health problem started when Real Air was a company. Now a new company and a new product is released and people expect just basic support. Why is that too much to ask? The negativity against customers really worries me. Is this where the flight sim community is going? Asking for basic support is too much to ask and we should be grateful that you are here at all? I get better treatment buying a used car.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Then why did he release a paying product that customers expected support? What kind of negative attitude do some developers have against paying customers?

Neither you nor I know what actually happened and AFAIK Sean is a one man company.

I used to work with a very nice developer and he completely vanished from scene because unbelievable disaster struck. Since I was working with him he thought that I should know what happened and he sent me an e-mail explaining what had happened. After reading his devastating news I fully understood why he vanished without notice.

I fully agree with jimcarrels statement. 

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1