Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have 2 successful and very fun flights so far. But on the third my MFD froze. PFD was working fine. Hope its just an isolated issue or bug!

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Can this G1000 calculate flight routes or do we still have to input them all manually ?

You can do it manually or it will load flight plans from a .pln file.

• Like 1

Even with turbulent 25 knot crosswinds to touchdown, hand flying an approach is a total joy.😍

Rain drops are present here also? I didnt see info about it.

I've just done 2 fairly long flights using VNAV descents and GPS/RNAV (hope this is correct terminology) approaches and everything worked perfectly.

A lot to learn if you want to use all the avionics to best advantage but figuring it all out fairly quickly.

Love the highly automated engine/power management systems.

Definitely a joy to hand fly as had to do a missed approach on one of my flights and nice to hand fly the missed approach and subsequent landing.

Just need to win the lottery now so I can stump up the USD$1.3M to buy one of these beauties 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JHaas said:

I tried to purchase it but all I get are errors trying to pay for it.

That will be your partner doing that, hiding behind the door with your credit card statement in their hand! 😄

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 3

Hello,
did someone noticed that the cockpit is still vibrating even when the engines are off!? Is this a bug or is it the wind?

Regards Raller

5 minutes ago, Raller said:

Hello,
did someone noticed that the cockpit is still vibrating even when the engines are off!? Is this a bug or is it the wind?

Regards Raller

Yes, I also have that. I would like to know if its a bug. There is also a sound tied to it.

Edited by Daedalus

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Rain drops are present here also? I didnt see info about it.

They are coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Am not really into GA, but this looks very nice and a good price, but.... I know my set up is not the normal thing, but I use two monitors one at eye level=main screen and one below for pop up ND PFD. 

This not having a pop-up screen for the G1000 is very off-putting.

Also this comment

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It was probably only suggested as a potential stopgap solution to the SIDs/STARs issue. By the time someone figures out how to plop down the Flight1 or RXP GTN gauge, Vertx will have probably solved the G1000 issue.

So SID/STARS are they not working? What is the "issue"?

What else is waiting for an update, please? 

Keep the info coming guys.

Edited by Nyxx

38 minutes ago, DJJose said:

They are coming soon.

Ok, so not yet?

They can use A2A free tool for devs and for rain drops.

My one criticism is the nav data solution - very clunky and would have been much better to align with Navigraph as almost all other developers do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raller said:

Hello,

Regards Raller

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Yes, I also have that. I would like to know if its a bug. There is also a sound tied to it.

I seem to remember having this problem on other aircraft and if you close chaseplane, it'll stop (maybe you guys can confirm?).

Edited by tamsini

Well... this is certainly going to bust a hole broadside into my flight training schedule.

35 minutes ago, tamsini said:

I seem to remember having this problem and if you close chaseplane, it'll stop (maybe you guys can confirm?).

It looks like ChasePlane is the cause. With ChasePlane the behavior is as follows:

• if you start with running engines and you cut them off, the cockpit is still vibrating
  • if you start in CaD and then turn the engines on and off again, everything is fine, no "after-"vibrations

So the issue occurs when the DA62 starts with running engines!

(PS: i also use accufeel but this is of course turned off for this airplane!)

Edited by Raller

2 hours ago, Raller said:

Hello,

Regards Raller

Not happening with EZDOK.

For those of you that have hung around these parts a while, you will know I am smitten with PMDG's offerings.  They are simply superb.  Along the way, I discovered RealAir and when it came to my occasional GA flying, only that would do.  Amazingly, all these years later, I would still stack a RealAir aircraft against most current GA  offerings.  Now, one half of that amazing team has released THIS gem.  Don't hesitate- RUN, DON'T WALK to your sim computer and pick up this jewel. It is everything I have waited for in a GA light twin.

S T U N N I N G- period.

Xd3YbPh.jpg

bFxsbiZ.jpg

s0UV0CA.jpg

lcHPMv0.jpg

b3OGu0I.jpg

RihWJfW.jpg

l58XhSk.jpg

Npwfk7h.jpg

As to how it FLIES (which matters most)- I am smiling. 

For perspective, when I want to wash away cobwebs, I load up the RealAir Spitfire and chase lenticulars around London City and its surrounds with the volume on high, until the Trolly Dolly stops by to roll her eyes.

I left TPA in the DA-62 and am headed to MCO, looking at the Magic Kingdom sliding past my wing and remembering (all those years ago) what that felt like in a Baron.  Now, this DA-62 has me immersed in a cocoon of tech, with sounds and vibrations and rocking motion perfectly replicated, and I realized I have found THAT one.  My beloved 747 will take me around the world.  My DA-62 will take me closer, and finally my beautiful Annushka will take me to my remote destinations in the Orbx World.  I am a happy man- ta Sean!

C

PS- NO, I am not affiliated with Vertx in any way- this is my opinion, unsolicited.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Hi Carl,

But tell us how you REALLY feel - LOL...

😜

Nice to see enthusiasm and beautiful pix !

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Have to say...... most "stating the bleeping obvious" post , ever.

Comparing Realair with Carenado ? Really.

In which case I'll point something else obvious out to you, this isn't a Realair product and at no point did I say it was. That was you.

This is the first new product from a brand new developer, so it is to all people, an unknown quantity. But Carenado is well known to many and produce a similarly recently released simulation of the same aircraft, so it is a good choice to contrast it with in order to inform people. After all, it is a contemporary product, of the same aeroplane, with the same simulation compatibility, and is within five Dollars of being the exact same price.

It does not matter how much respect a developer gained with a former company, with a different company and one which is unknown and brand new, it should not be the default position to automatically blow sunshine up its wazoo based purely on former achievements. Yes, it is likely it'll be good, but it's not impossible that this could have been not the case, for example, it might have struggled with FPS in having all that complex glass simulated (impressively, it doesn't), but many products of this ilk certainly do.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott-

You wanna feel REALISTIC flap balloon instead of violence- fly this beauty. You wanna bleed AS on DW by the knot, fly this gem.  You wanna use pitch for IAS and and power for VS on final and CONNECT with the aeroplane- THIS IS THE ONE.  Seriously- she's BRILLIANT!  I am BLOWN AWAY- GOBSMACKED!!

C

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Scott-

You wanna feel REALISTIC flap balloon instead of violence- fly this beauty. You wanna bleed AS on DW by the knot, fly this gem.  You wanna use pitch for IAS and and power for VS on final and CONNECT with the aeroplane- THIS IS THE ONE.  Seriously- she's BRILLIANT!  I am BLOWN AWAY- GOBSMACKED!!

C

What its like versus a2a bonanza?

Also I here SID & STAR have a problem but no one so far is saying what it is. Also its a shame the G1000 does not have a pop-up/out to have on another screen.

Navigraph? In ORBX PNW I do not want to give up 30 % of all airports usable by this aircraft, missing in Navigraph. Not for this GA aircraft and not for any other.

A better choice than Navigraph alone for this aircraft to update approaches (SID/STAR are not used in most cases for this aircraft and therefore not implemented yet):

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

A demo what is missing in Navigraph: I do not care about if one wants to "endure" this entire HD video. So start at 24:42

Everybody has the right to post at AVSIM what he thinks (this also applies to me) and also to post what he did not think about. But I see the danger that newcomers believe too much of what gets posted here. Navigraph? Watch, do own research and think about.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Not happening with EZDOK.

Well this release has been out a bit over 12 hours now. I have made a list below of all my complaints and the bugs that I have found so far. Please pass on to Sean ASAP so they can all be addressed in the first Hot Patch or update:

1. Empty

>Last Entry >End

• Like 5