Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Hmm.. I'm now flying in icing conditions since an hour, no evidence of ice building up.

I created some custom weather in Active Sky:

- surface temp -1°

- dew point -4°

- cloud layer from 3000 AGL to 15000 AGL

- heavy freezing rain

Flying at FL100 with an outside temp of -10°. Those are conditions where ice should build up, right?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Currently there is no simulation of icing, neither visually nor handling wise.

14 hours ago, kaha said:

"Vertx DA62 User Guide. pdf" describes it on pages 34/35.

Nope, it’s just saying that the plane is equipped (IRL) and that you can choose the fluid quantity in game. But it’s not saying that it is indeed modeled inside the game.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kaha said:

Hmm.. I'm now flying in icing conditions since an hour, no evidence of ice building up.

I created some custom weather in Active Sky:

- surface temp -1°

- dew point -4°

- cloud layer from 3000 AGL to 15000 AGL

- heavy freezing rain

Flying at FL100 with an outside temp of -10°. Those are conditions where ice should build up, right?

I think that P3D models icing very bad. I installed a gauge called icev10 which simulates icing better (it builds up and it has real effects on the plane). So I can see when icing happens and it’s to be taken seriously like IRL. 

Edit: best way to create icing conditions is to load the Active Sky Icing scenario!

Edited by Karelpatch
Active sky for icing

I have been away from this thread for a while....any news on the first major update to the DA62 ?

Hi Some Light for my lights ??  Sean . 😊

Hi i see i'm not up to date , yesterday i upload the last version VertxDA62_P3D4_Setup_1.053

there is lights illuminating the ground  but no too much ....!

Hi Sean send us an @mail when there is an update ...!

Patrick

On 3/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, Karelpatch said:

I think that P3D models icing very bad. I installed a gauge called icev10 which simulates icing better (it builds up and it has real effects on the plane). So I can see when icing happens and it’s to be taken seriously like IRL. 

Edit: best way to create icing conditions is to load the Active Sky Icing scenario!

I had completely forgotten about icev10, that little tool made Aerosoft's Twotter a whole lot more understandable in Northern flights with the Twotter. Thanks for reminding me, I'm off to re-install it.  

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, MatzeH84 said:

Currently there is no simulation of icing, neither visually nor handling wise.

Does this mean there is no need to put the Pitot switch on ?

I mean even the very first Duke piston modelled the need for this, or the airspeed indicator died ,

5 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

I mean even the very first Duke piston modelled the need for this, or the airspeed indicator died ,

There is a pitot switch and if you don’t put it on (even in hot/warm weather) you will have a nag warning on the alert section of the G1000

Thnx Anton, at least that's something.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, somiller said:

AndiKunzi,

Take a look at https://www.fsaerodata.com/

fsaerodata updates the P3D navigation database, including addition of SID's and STAR's. Note that a subscription to Navigraph navigation data is required.

I have subscribed to both, and so far I keep my P3D database current with each new update (approx. every 28 days), however, if one were to so choose, one could do a short term subscription just to get P3D updated once, and then stay with that updated database indefinitely.

One note of caution: I have noticed some anomalies using fsaerodata/Navigraph with the DA G1000...namely glide paths for some RNAV LPV approaches are not intercepted at the proper altitude/distance from touchdown point. At some airports, the glide path is intercepted at a point that makes descent angle quite severe. I have notified Sean at Vertx, but so far as I know a fix is not yet available.

Kind Regards,

I have FsAerodata installed in my scenery folder.

Do I need to do anything else, to get the stuff into the GPS ?

8 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

I have FsAerodata installed in my scenery folder.

Do I need to do anything else, to get the stuff into the GPS ?

If you're talking about getting the fsaerodata navdata into the G1000, you do nothing. As long as fsaerodata had been installed properly the data will be available to the G1000. The G1000 implementation in the Vertx DA uses P3D's navdata, so any updates to P3D's navdata will be read by the G1000.

Kind Regards,

18 hours ago, somiller said:

If you're talking about getting the fsaerodata navdata into the G1000, you do nothing. As long as fsaerodata had been installed properly the data will be available to the G1000. The G1000 implementation in the Vertx DA uses P3D's navdata, so any updates to P3D's navdata will be read by the G1000.

Kind Regards,

Hmmmm.... I just read somewhere that the panel.cfg file has to be manually edited to point towards a different gps gauge. Is this no longer necessary ?

Thnx

On 4/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, Gabe777 said:

That's a standard feature, even the stock Cessna can do that.

I meant visual wing/ windshield/ prop icing and consequences.

6 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Hmmmm.... I just read somewhere that the panel.cfg file has to be manually edited to point towards a different gps gauge. Is this no longer necessary ?

Thnx

Are you referring to this, from fsaerodata FAQ's:

"How can be simulated  SIDs and STAR procedures on the GPS units?

fsAerodata implements aprox. 65,000 SIDs and STARs procedures that can be simulated using a new feature available on Prepar3D GPS units. Feature is available with the 'PROC' (Procedures) button.

To enable this feature on any aircraft GPS, the user has to edit the aircraft panel configuration file, replacing the gps type from default version 'fs9gps.cab' to 'p3dgps.cab'."

I took a look at my DA62 panel.cfg and there is no reference to "fs9gps.cab", or "p3dgps.cab". As far as I can recall I have made NO edits to the DA panel.cfg.

Kind Regards,

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Thnx

Not for this airplane.. it uses a custom coded GPS.

• Upvote 1

So are sids/stars going to be implemented soon as these are important to me. If I have missed that it has been implemented my apologies.

4 hours ago, harrry said:

So are sids/stars going to be implemented soon as these are important to me. If I have missed that it has been implemented my apologies.

This is supposedly in the pipeline for the aircraft as well as Sean looking into the chance for integration with Navigraph though that requires a major re-write of the Vertx G1000 Code to accomplish this.

Currently Sean is busy with Real-Life Obligations at this moment and hopefully we will hear something back from him soon :)

Always Remember in the meantime you still can put in the Waypoints for SIDS/STARS as well as altitude constraints :)

Regards,

Matt

• Like 1

Thanks Mathew..

I was not blaming Sean...he needs a life, he gives so much to us.  Just a genuine question to decide whether I can keep holding the funds I have for this or put it on something else and wait until I have enough again for it.

17 hours ago, harrry said:

Thanks Mathew..

I was not blaming Sean...he needs a life, he gives so much to us.  Just a genuine question to decide whether I can keep holding the funds I have for this or put it on something else and wait until I have enough again for it.

No Blaming going on just putting out whats currently going on from what I have heard so the community can be informed. Even without such things currently implemented I would Highly recommend the DA62 

• Upvote 1

How dare Sean have a life !

OK thnx guys.

Treating myself to this for Easter, even though I swore never to have a G1000 due to the generally terrible performance.

Thnx for the advice.

Posted (edited)

On 4/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, somiller said:

How dare Sean have a life !

OK thnx guys.

Treating myself to this for Easter, even though I swore never to have a G1000 due to the generally terrible performance.

Thnx for the advice.

Uh..... the above (1st line) was humour, if you didn't get it.

A warning for this post ?

OMG, this place.

Edited by Gabe777

Being used to Real Air planes with GTN750 (which runs actual Garmin code) I am used to the GPC NAV turns correctly predicting turn points so as to avoid missing the new vector.

But with the DA-62/G1000 I am finding that the plane overshoots turns and then has to overcorrect to get back on course. This is speed independent and happens all the time.

Additionally, If I am on a heading hold to intersect a localiser, no matter what angle I approach the localiser at,when the localised becomes active, the G1000 commands an ugly turn in the wrong direction towards the localiser path, before then making the correct, but usually too late turn direction to intersect and maintain the localiser path. Again its independent of approach speed or heading vector.

I even try to ease it into the localiser turn by tweaking the heading hold to avoid this unwanted behaviour, but each time it happens.

I really hope this can be improved. The GTN750 does it perfectly in the Real Air planes.

I assume Sean is not using the Garmin code for the DA-62, but writing his on GPS code. Can anyone confirm this?

Lastly, I know it's early days for the G1000/DA-62, but I'm surprised at some of the ommisions - for example, I don't see the ability to show the heading vector on the map, and the fact that you cannot manually pan the maps is a real pain - something I do all the time in the GTN750 and rather took for granted that this sim would do.

Is it the intention to add functionality to the G1000 in future, or is what we have now how it is going to be?

21 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Uh..... the above (1st line) was humour, if you didn't get it.

A warning for this post ?

OMG, this place.

That is just sad..... It is kind of a painful thing to watch.