Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Hmm.. I'm now flying in icing conditions since an hour, no evidence of ice building up.

I created some custom weather in Active Sky:

- surface temp -1°

- dew point -4°

- cloud layer from 3000 AGL to 15000 AGL

- heavy freezing rain

Flying at FL100 with an outside temp of -10°. Those are conditions where ice should build up, right?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Currently there is no simulation of icing, neither visually nor handling wise.

14 hours ago, kaha said:

"Vertx DA62 User Guide. pdf" describes it on pages 34/35.

Nope, it’s just saying that the plane is equipped (IRL) and that you can choose the fluid quantity in game. But it’s not saying that it is indeed modeled inside the game.

8 hours ago, kaha said:

Hmm.. I'm now flying in icing conditions since an hour, no evidence of ice building up.

I created some custom weather in Active Sky:

- surface temp -1°

- dew point -4°

- cloud layer from 3000 AGL to 15000 AGL

- heavy freezing rain

Flying at FL100 with an outside temp of -10°. Those are conditions where ice should build up, right?

I think that P3D models icing very bad. I installed a gauge called icev10 which simulates icing better (it builds up and it has real effects on the plane). So I can see when icing happens and it’s to be taken seriously like IRL. 

Edit: best way to create icing conditions is to load the Active Sky Icing scenario!

Edited by Karelpatch
Active sky for icing

I have been away from this thread for a while....any news on the first major update to the DA62 ?

Hi i see i'm not up to date , yesterday i upload the last version VertxDA62_P3D4_Setup_1.053

there is lights illuminating the ground  but no too much ....!

Hi Sean send us an @mail when there is an update ...!

Patrick

On 3/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, Karelpatch said:

I think that P3D models icing very bad. I installed a gauge called icev10 which simulates icing better (it builds up and it has real effects on the plane). So I can see when icing happens and it’s to be taken seriously like IRL. 

Edit: best way to create icing conditions is to load the Active Sky Icing scenario!

I had completely forgotten about icev10, that little tool made Aerosoft's Twotter a whole lot more understandable in Northern flights with the Twotter. Thanks for reminding me, I'm off to re-install it.