Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

3 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Have to say...... most "stating the bleeping obvious" post , ever.

Comparing Realair with Carenado ? Really.

In which case I'll point something else obvious out to you, this isn't a Realair product and at no point did I say it was. That was you.

This is the first new product from a brand new developer, so it is to all people, an unknown quantity. But Carenado is well known to many and produce a similarly recently released simulation of the same aircraft, so it is a good choice to contrast it with in order to inform people. After all, it is a contemporary product, of the same aeroplane, with the same simulation compatibility, and is within five Dollars of being the exact same price.

It does not matter how much respect a developer gained with a former company, with a different company and one which is unknown and brand new, it should not be the default position to automatically blow sunshine up its wazoo based purely on former achievements. Yes, it is likely it'll be good, but it's not impossible that this could have been not the case, for example, it might have struggled with FPS in having all that complex glass simulated (impressively, it doesn't), but many products of this ilk certainly do.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Scott-

You wanna feel REALISTIC flap balloon instead of violence- fly this beauty. You wanna bleed AS on DW by the knot, fly this gem.  You wanna use pitch for IAS and and power for VS on final and CONNECT with the aeroplane- THIS IS THE ONE.  Seriously- she's BRILLIANT!  I am BLOWN AWAY- GOBSMACKED!!

C

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Scott-

You wanna feel REALISTIC flap balloon instead of violence- fly this beauty. You wanna bleed AS on DW by the knot, fly this gem.  You wanna use pitch for IAS and and power for VS on final and CONNECT with the aeroplane- THIS IS THE ONE.  Seriously- she's BRILLIANT!  I am BLOWN AWAY- GOBSMACKED!!

C

What its like versus a2a bonanza?

Also I here SID & STAR have a problem but no one so far is saying what it is. Also its a shame the G1000 does not have a pop-up/out to have on another screen.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Navigraph? In ORBX PNW I do not want to give up 30 % of all airports usable by this aircraft, missing in Navigraph. Not for this GA aircraft and not for any other.

A better choice than Navigraph alone for this aircraft to update approaches (SID/STAR are not used in most cases for this aircraft and therefore not implemented yet):

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

A demo what is missing in Navigraph: I do not care about if one wants to "endure" this entire HD video. So start at 24:42

Everybody has the right to post at AVSIM what he thinks (this also applies to me) and also to post what he did not think about. But I see the danger that newcomers believe too much of what gets posted here. Navigraph? Watch, do own research and think about.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Not happening with EZDOK.

Well this release has been out a bit over 12 hours now. I have made a list below of all my complaints and the bugs that I have found so far. Please pass on to Sean ASAP so they can all be addressed in the first Hot Patch or update:

1. Empty

>Last Entry >End

• Like 5

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

David-

As a GA pilot I cannot remember flying a SID or STAR IRL.  Beginning on one yes, but very quickly vectored off to avoid congesting the arrival or departure with my plodding progress.  I hazard to offer that Sean will evolve this beauty into everything the real a/c is capable of (yes, with addition of the Navigraph dataset).  In the meanwhile, I would urge spending what amounts to a very reasonable price of admission on something that flies electrons better than any GA offering currently available.  I do not own the V-35, however I do own the A2A 182 and very much respect their abilities.  That said, I love this FDE.

As far as "a shame" about the pop-up, whilst I do understand in your particular application with 2 vertically stacked screens it would be desirable (and perhaps something Sean will consider as the G1000 suite is far too good to just use in one airframe), I wouldn't let that steal the pure joy of simulated flight from your experience.

The nice thing about this sort of conversation, it that in the end we EACH have VARIED opinions, and as long as we accept and respect that there are more than just ours that are valid- allest gut!

This is purely my OPINION (remember what "they say" about opinions)- no more.  See your chariot awaits.... 😉

AIwlqZZ.jpg

Best- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thank you, Carl,

I've just spent 30 mins looking at everything on their site and I have to say it looks amazing. Chaseplane can get around not having a pop-up.

The wing flex and the number of options look really good. The detail is incredible.  Q What flight level does it fly up to( man you can tell I fly 737/A319's) and what speed can it do?

Given the price of A2A, this is very good price wise also. 

O BTW what are FPS like with all that Glass?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

What its like versus a2a bonanza?

It's difficult to make a comparison that would be completely fair between this and some A2A birds. Anyone who has a few A2A GA singles will probably be aware that they make a vastly better job of depicting a sideslip than any other GA add-on aeroplanes you can get for either FSX or P3D. But part of this is possible because they are singles, whereas the Vertx DA62 is a twin, so it also has to model asymmetric thrust and what would be fairly wicked stall/spin characteristics if one were to let that develop (all of this behaviour is customisable incidentally on the Vertx DA62, via a very nice utility with a good GUI).

So some of what makes all that customisable asymmetric twin behaviour possible in a flight model  might get in the way of how it can portray a sideslip, I dunno, but the fact is, it doesn't do a sideslip as well as an A2A GA single, i.e. it doesn't experience a significant increase in descent rate when you get it sideways, but in fairness, that is just about the only criticism of the DA62 I could come up with, in every other respect it is a good contender for being one of the best GA aeroplanes you can buy, and especially for the price..

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

BTW what are FPS like with all that Glass?

This is another great thing about it. As complex as all that glass is and as big as it is on screen, it gets really very good frame rates indeed. Anyone who has any concerns about that can happily forget them, it's really well optimised.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find something to spend thirty quid on this weekend. 🙂

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As a fan of classical round instruments and gauges the DA62 isn't something that would normally appeal to me to be honest. However as a long term fan of Realair products and as I'm always on the hunt for that illusive add on, the one that feels like its actually flying,I decided to give this ago. For $40 it's amazingly well priced.

I have to say I'm now hooked, it flies superbly. I've spent the morning out of Meigs doing circuits and out over the water doing stalls and single engine work, simply stunning. I now need to sit down and work out how the G1000 works to start and get the most out of this plane.

Highly recommended, flight and visual models are both first class with  high FPS. I recently said elsewhere that the JRollon SF260 was the best GA aircraft available in my opinion on any platform , I'll have to update that now to best SINGLE engine GA aircraft !

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

59 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Navigraph? In ORBX PNW I do not want to give up 30 % of all airports usable by this aircraft, missing in Navigraph. Not for this GA aircraft and not for any other.

A better choice than Navigraph alone for this aircraft to update approaches (SID/STAR are not used in most cases for this aircraft and therefore not implemented yet):

Everybody has the right to post at AVSIM what he thinks (this also applies to me) and also to post what he did not think about. But I see the danger that newcomers believe too much of what gets posted here. Navigraph? Watch, do own research and think about.

Well, I understand your opinion Rudi, but not everyone whats to fly out of small airports in a twin. I don't use Orbx regions even if I do own a few, am not using them.

I would if I buy it, fly out of med/large airports. So yes i would like Navigraph. Since this aircraft has oxygen and can fly high why should it not be able to have the lastest Navigraph for people who might not want to fly into orbx tiny airports? 

Just because it suits your needs as it is, does not mean that suits everyone's nor does it mean people should not be aware that at the moment it does not support Navigraph.

Just because it has no importance to you does not mean it of no importance to people wanting to use it in a more commuting way to Med/large airports.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's difficult to make a comparison that would be completely fair between this and some A2A birds. Anyone who has a few A2A GA singles will probably be aware that they make a vastly better job of depicting a sideslip than any other GA add-on aeroplanes you can get for either FSX or P3D. But part of this is possible because they are singles, whereas the Vertx DA62 is a twin, so it also has to model asymmetric thrust and what would be fairly wicked stall/spin characteristics if one were to let that develop (all of this behaviour is customisable incidentally on the Vertx DA62, via a very nice utility with a good GUI).

So some of what makes all that customisable asymmetric twin behaviour possible in a flight model  might get in the way of how it can portray a sideslip, I dunno, but the fact is, it doesn't do a sideslip as well as an A2A GA single, i.e. it doesn't experience a significant increase in descent rate when you get it sideways, but in fairness, that is just about the only criticism of the DA62 I could come up with, in every other respect it is a good contender for being one of the best GA aeroplanes you can buy, and especially for the price..

This is another great thing about it. As complex as all that glass is and as big as it is on screen, it gets really very good frame rates indeed. Anyone who has any concerns about that can happily forget them, it's really well optimised.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find something to spend thirty quid on this weekend. 🙂

Thanks, Alan,

It's not hard to spend £30 on Peroni in a weekend 🙂 put yes its very good value for money that's for sure.

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you, Carl,

I've just spent 30 mins looking at everything on their site and I have to say it looks amazing. Chaseplane can get around not having a pop-up.

The wing flex and the number of options look really good. The detail is incredible.  Q What flight level does it fly up to( man you can tell I fly 737/A319's) and what speed can it do?

Given the price of A2A, this is very good price wise also. 

O BTW what are FPS like with all that Glass?

David,

As you know I was one of the beta testers since alpha. All I can say is that Sean has done an outstanding job on this beautiful bird. He worked tirelessly to improve the fps and bring a modern GA twin into our sims. He definitely deserves our support!

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

18 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Just because it suits your needs as it is, does not mean that suits everyone's nor does it mean people should not be aware that at the moment it does not support Navigraph.

I don't think it is your intention but all this discussion about Navigraph ect. comes across as the only thing that is important here. Yes lots of guys like to sit at their computer and watch a five or 6 hour automatic flight. It seems to me that we are missing the point that this first a light GA aircraft and many many folks like to kick the tires and light the fires for a one or two hour flight to a near by airport. My understanding is that Sean is well aware of the Navigraph limitations and I suspect there will be a solution sooner rather than later. This subject has been beat to death. We all get it. SIDs and STARS are your passion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well, I understand your opinion Rudi, but not everyone whats to fly out of small airports in a twin. I don't use Orbx regions even if I do own a few, am not using them.

I would if I buy it, fly out of med/large airports. So yes i would like Navigraph. Since this aircraft has oxygen and can fly high why should it not be able to have the lastest Navigraph for people who might not want to fly into orbx tiny airports? 

Just because it has no importance to you does not mean it of no importance to people wanting to use it in a more commuting way to Med/large airports.

I can totally understand your opinion on the navigraph charts.  Now that said I would say probably 90% of the time in the real world a light twin like this would not be flying into the large airports, for example someone owning this plane would not fly into JFK, they would fly toteterboro.  They wouldn't fly into LAX, they would go to Van Nuys.  I think that is what Sean the developer was building this plane for, not so much flying into the JFKs and LAX.  

Currently there are work arounds to the sids/stars that Rudi has explained in his videos, and in other threads it has been said Navigraph is coming, but there are some issues with it.  As Rudi hinted at some of the smaller airports aren't in navigraph charts, so they wouldn't be in the G1000 database.  Yes that will help some users wanting to do the big airports, but it will hurt other users wanting to fly into the smaller airports.  

Now all of that said about navigation, this plane is something special, the flight dynamics are amazing.  IMO it has the most realistic near stall feel of any plane I've flown in flight sim.  The sounds, the buffeting, it is very well done.

Now that said I do have some things I would like to see in the future, my number 1 item, which may already work with a full version of FSUIPC, is I would like to have physical buttons for the g1000.  Yes I know the realsimgear is out there, but I don't want to spend $1500 on new hardware.  I want to spend $150 on basically a fancy switch box that I can turn all the knobs on the g1000s on.  It doesn't exist so I know I will have to make my own which I'm fine with but currently I cant figure out a way to assign buttons in the g1000 to keys, so if I can't currently do that, I can't assign it to a button box I'm going to build.  That is a very niche use case so I know it may never come, but I would like to see it.

I am still going to enjoy flying this plane a lot.  I fly on FSEconomy and this is going to be my new plane of choice, I also am planning on doing an around the world flight in FSeconomy, in this plane.  I think that will be a blast.

Just to sum up..please don't let the lack of navigraph charts stop you from experiencing this amazing add on.  I have some of the a2a planes, PMDG planes, areosoft, carenado.   It is one of the best, if not the best, out there and I can't wait to see what else Sean at Vertx is going to do with this plane, and what his next ones are.  

• Like 4

Hmm, I think I will have to have a word with 'she who must be obeyed' and get her add this to my Christmas list! BTW, everyone to their own, and I may be wrong, but in the RW, surely GA aircraft don't fly SIDS and STARS do they?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776