Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Well I did have a tiller mapped and have now removed, so I will see what happens when I land at Datona Beach in a little bit.  The aircraft is really quite amazing to fly, the ability to hold a speed on approach is excellent....something that I think lots of flight sim planes don't always do that well mostly because our throttle gear is not the best in many cases. I went ahead and installed the high res textures and created a profile just for this aircraft (no mip map, 4096x4096 and dynamic shadows).  The panel looks unbelievable with this setup and does not really cost many frames.

Only thing i think is missing is a load manager.  I know you can use the P3D default but a nice load manager and animated pax for the number loaded would be awesome.

I would also suggest that using Little Navmap to load a flightplan is the way to go, saves so much time and you can put in SID STAR waypoints if you plan to fly these.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

5 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Well that was interesting. Sounded like a pump. Maybe my aux. pumps which I turned on. At 16,500. Wait. That's my heavy breathing.lol. Turned on  the oxygen, the oxy gauge flashing red showing oxygen now on. Heavy breathing abated. Is this the plane so programmed  or is it my Chaseplane camera settings Human---->Breathing and Anticipation? I know in the Vertx 'realism' tab I have HYPOXIA enabled and tolerance at moderate -  above 10,500 ft.

It is the plane.  Page 16 of the manual addresses this.  It is also adjustable in the DA62 Config program Realism tab.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Turbine Duke, Lancair an now the DA62 - quite a record.   

Regards
bs

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

43 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Open up the DA62 Config program and under the Animations tab you'll have all the settings you're looking for regarding vibrations. 

I disabled cockpit vibrations and the vibrations are still here.

- TONY -

7 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

It is the plane.  Page 16 of the manual addresses this.  It is also adjustable in the DA62 Config program Realism tab.

Bill

Great stuff!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 minute ago, Simicro said:

I disabled cockpit vibrations and the vibrations are still here.

Do you have Chaseplane? Motion Effects for Camera---->Engines.

• Like 1

Does anyone else see through the cockpit around both pilot/co-pilot seat belts? I can see the ground from inside the cockpit in a small spot by both belts.

56 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

No direct weather radar support included at the moment.

Thank you Rudi, that is disappointing

14 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Do you have Chaseplane? Motion Effects for Camera---->Engines.

That was it! Thank you! You tricky mate!

Crazy, I was not even aware that Chase Plane did that!

- TONY -

3 minutes ago, Simicro said:

That was it! Thank you! You tricky mate!

Crazy, I was not even aware that Chase Plane did that!

Great. Just make sure to click the checkmark to save the setting.

Autopilot Question. When AP is enabled and tracking to a nav heading it constantly “chases the needle” and seesaws back n forth with these oscillations happening every 30 to 45 seconds. When locked to a hdg, Aircraft does not exhibit that behavior. 

Ideas?

-Braun

Edited by btacon
Speeeelin’ eror

My only complaints so far relate to sound. For whatever reason the aircraft ignores the "mute on lost focus" setting in P3D and always mutes on lost focus. That really annoys me.

The sounds overall are too soft -  I'll keep playing with the adjustments but I do not want to modify my P3D settings because that will change all other aircraft. Especially the spot view engine sounds - they are too soft IMHO.

Fun to fly and looks great though!  Worth the price.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

10 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

My only complaints so far relate to sound. For whatever reason the aircraft ignores the "mute on lost focus" setting in P3D and always mutes on lost focus. That really annoys me.

The sounds overall are too soft -  I'll keep playing with the adjustments but I do not want to modify my P3D settings because that will change all other aircraft. Especially the spot view engine sounds - they are too soft IMHO.

Fun to fly and looks great though!  Worth the price.

Vic

Are you using the Vertx config? It has all the sound adjustments you need.

6 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The cockpit sounds are custom coded. Might be the reason. The outer view sounds not, should not show that. But my P3D even "forgets" the settings sometimes when flying other aircraft. Can happen for example when using bluetooth-linked speakers/headphones. Their drivers have their own "ideas".

10 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The sounds overall are too soft

? One of the beta testers is a real DA62 pilot. Sean optimized notably the engine sounds in cooperation with him. The last fine tunings happened yesterday a few hours prior to release, we were "fighting about nuances" with studio monitor headphones 🙂  Quality of loudspeakers/Headphones has much more influence than when listening to many kinds of music.

But of couse it is your right to feel the sound is too soft. Glad to hear that you like the DA62.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only