Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Graphical Prices on Video Cards

Well folks... I'd like to purchase a graphics card with 11Gb like a 2080TI, but wit the current prices who can buy one of these cards? ( Well, yes Bill Gates, Bezoz, Rob, Carlos Slim, Rob.... 😄) ok, you get it.  But, man $1,500 ++ for a card like this- even the older cards are tripled in price. WHEN WILL ALL THIS STOP- Or 'normalize.'  This is truly insane. 

Edited by joemiller

13 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Many here seem to be able to. Ill buy their used 1080's!

Used? Hmmm, not a fan of used video cards. I recently bought an 1080TI  on E-bay. The seller posted it as New. When, I got it, found out it was used. Ufff shipped it back the next day.   These things can be misused very quickly; thus, i stay away from pre-owned cards.

Exception: However, I would consider purchasing a card like this from a reputable Avsim Member,  (Yep, I would consider it). 

Edited by joemiller
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Used? Hmmm, not a fan of used video cards. I recently bought an 1080TI  on E-bay. The seller posted it as New. When, I got it, found out it was used. Ufff shipped it back the next day.   These things can be misused very quickly; thus, i stay away from pre-owned cards.

Exception: However, I would consider purchasing a card like this from a reputable Avsim Member,  (Yep, I would consider it). 

For 15 yrs i have used nothing but used cards. then sell them. some folks just have to have latest of everything with very little if any performance increase. just a bigger number but the marketing division. suppose they would sell any if nvidia came out with a 0080.

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

For 15 yrs i have used nothing but used cards. then sell them. some folks just have to have latest of everything with very little if any performance increase. just a bigger number but the marketing division. suppose they would sell any if nvidia came out with a 0080.

Yeah, I agree, some people just want to have the latest and the greatest just for the fun or cause they have the money. True. But....

But... As P3D becomes more and more advance, so are addons; therefore, it's nice to take advantage of the new things if you can afford the hardware. I'm glad you've had a good experience with used graphic cards- that's awesome!  

Edited by joemiller

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

But, man $1,500 ++ for a card like this

I paid $1200 each, but I agree with you, very expensive ... competition is probably the best bet at seeing prices lower, maybe?  OR, just wait a year or so and when the next gen GPU arrives, you'll probably be able to pickup a used 2080Ti for 50% less.

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Their joyride in the cryptomines can't last forever...

Yes, bit coin is dead 3,215 and falling (bare in mind it was 20,000+ a few months ago) ... they expect to see bitcoin bottom out around 1500.  Ironically there are several companies in my area hiring programmers related to bitcoin and the various other "virtual" currencies ... high salaries and benefits, but who wants to work for a company/project that's probably going to expire in 3 months?

Cheers, Rob.

In the UK 1080ti still in stock £950 so I don't see prices dropping any time soon, Nvidia forced AB partners to take there 10 series orders that were made in the bit coin craze, some suppliers still don't have all the AB partner 20 series in stock.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

In the UK 1080ti still in stock £950 so I don't see prices dropping any time soon, Nvidia forced AB partners to take there 10 series orders that were made in the bit coin craze, some suppliers still don't have all the AB partner 20 series in stock.

There are some dearer ones that price, but plenty of 1080 Ti's  around £660 on Amazon. 

Depends on the card maker MSI 1080 £329 (USED) NEW £729, MSI 1080ti WINDFORCE NEW £1.229.00, Amazon do not do GPUs they are just a shop window for suppliers much the same as eBay .

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

What does it mean when your video card shows 100% ? Does it means the card is working at it's 100% of it abilities, or does it mean it is using %100 of it's RAM, and it about Crash ? 

17 hours ago, rjfry said:

Depends on the card maker MSI 1080 £329 (USED) NEW £729, MSI 1080ti WINDFORCE NEW £1.229.00, Amazon do not do GPUs they are just a shop window for suppliers much the same as eBay .

You are shopping in the wrong places then, there are plenty of new 1080Ti's around for about £600

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

1 minute ago, Charlatan said:

You are shopping in the wrong places then, there are plenty of new 1080Ti's around for about £600

Where ?  Please provide a link?

4 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Where ?  Please provide a link?

Apologies, I stand corrected.  I was getting emails from my suppliers a week or so ago with 1080Ti's at that price. 

This is the best I could find

https://www.ebuyer.com/795961-zotac-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-mini-graphics-card-zt-p10810g-10p

Which is miles cheaper than most others out there

Edited by Charlatan

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

5 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

Apologies, I stand corrected.  I was getting emails from my suppliers a week or so ago with 1080Ti's at that price. 

This is the best I could find

https://www.ebuyer.com/795961-zotac-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-mini-graphics-card-zt-p10810g-10p

Hummm, don't know man. Not a well known brand. And is that used or new? How much is that in U.S dollars? 

Edited by joemiller