Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Removing default P3D aircrafts

Hi,

I only fly 2 or 3 payware aircrafts and I loose time to scroll in the menu to select them.

I plan to remove all P3D default aircrafts except the F-22 raptor for the default flight (I know it is best to not modify the default flight before selecting an addon aicraft).

Is there any drawback or side effect if I remove the P3D default aircrafts except the F-22?

- TONY -

Why just not use the favorites box in the plane selection area. You will only see the planes you want that you have assigned the favorites

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

5 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Hi,

I only fly 2 or 3 payware aircrafts and I loose time to scroll in the menu to select them.

I plan to remove all P3D default aircrafts except the F-22 raptor for the default flight (I know it is best to not modify the default flight before selecting an addon aicraft).

Is there any drawback or side effect if I remove the P3D default aircrafts except the F-22?

I've done it with no problems. But as you mention, leave the default in there.

• Like 1

Hello Josh and Adrian,

Thanks, much appreciated!

• Like 1

- TONY -

I use Simstarter to hide aircraft and/or liveries, and to selectively not load scenery In areas where I won’t be flying.  Does anyone know if that speeds up P3D’s loading time? 

23 minutes ago, charliewards said:

I use Simstarter to hide aircraft and/or liveries, and to selectively not load scenery In areas where I won’t be flying.  Does anyone know if that speeds up P3D’s loading time? 

It should do Charlie

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 12/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, Simicro said:

I loose time to scroll in the menu to select them.

That admission... to be honest... absolutely stuns me.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It wasn't the time, it was the clutter... I don't like a long list of stuff that I never select.  My solution was to create a subfolder in the simobjects\airplanes folder that I named "P3D Hangar" and then I dragged all the stuff I don't use into the 'hangar.'  It's still there if I want it and it's no longer clutter in my list.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 12/16/2018 at 1:24 PM, downscc said:

It wasn't the time, it was the clutter... I don't like a long list of stuff that I never select.  My solution was to create a subfolder in the simobjects\airplanes folder that I named "P3D Hangar" and then I dragged all the stuff I don't use into the 'hangar.'  It's still there if I want it and it's no longer clutter in my list.

That is the same thing that I learned to do years ago when my aircraft collection became unwieldy.

Dale

On 12/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, charliewards said:

Yes, it does.  But that's all it does, but it's better than nothing.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

On 12/15/2018 at 8:48 AM, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Why just not use the favorites box in the plane selection area. You will only see the planes you want that you have assigned the favorites

That is the answer. That's what I do and that's what I would recommend. Simple. No potential for other problems.

Hope  it's helpful,

Jesse

Edited by JesC

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals