Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE - P3D AND WIN10 issue

Have you tried "System Restore"?  This has worked for me in the past.  Just restore back to a date when every thing was working correctly.

1 hour ago, winged532 said:

Have you tried "System Restore"?  This has worked for me in the past.  Just restore back to a date when every thing was working correctly.

I did....but it is from few days back.... after latest Windows update.....BTW just tried SFC tool and that didn't help.....

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

before you reinstall the os - give this a try

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

- then get the free version

Reinstall, if you can, the offending addon - use iRevo t to uninstall the addon causing the problem -  use the strongest mode. Perhaps there's something left that the original uninstall didn't get.

After that, try reinstalling the addon again and see if it works

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

19 hours ago, vgbaron said:

before you reinstall the os - give this a try

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

- then get the free version

Reinstall, if you can, the offending addon - use iRevo t to uninstall the addon causing the problem -  use the strongest mode. Perhaps there's something left that the original uninstall didn't get.

After that, try reinstalling the addon again and see if it works

Vic

Thanks Vic, will give it a try. In the mean time I discovered that I removed one file from PAX version. Not sure what happened. Now once i restored it I can use it again. But, still unable to remove anything from them in order to reinstall to have a future update available.

I assume that that  is safe?

Thanks

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

2 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I assume that that  is safe?

if you mean Revo - yes.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I recently had issues with some software on my Windows 10 installation.  This is the problem I had - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2669244/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error-when-you

I contacted Microsoft support and a tech got into my PC and could not fix the error.  The problem was associated with photoshop I had downloaded from the MS Store.  It ended up where my username was corrupted.  He downloaded Windows 10 to my system and reinstalled Windows 10.  It did not mess with any of the programs I had installed like P3D or any software on my drives.  He then set up a new username and I logged into that username.  After doing that I tried to run Photoshop again and this time it worked like a charm.  As I recall, I then restarted Windows and logged into my old user account.  Once on I moved MyDocuments and about anything P3D related in my C:/drive to the new Username account.  I then logged back into the new account and made sure everything was working properly.  Once this was determined, we deleted my old username account.  I did not have to reinstall FSX but I did have to reinstall P3D client, content, and scenery as these programs did not show up in my add/remove programs (so no longer in the registry).  I looked at other software I had installed on my system and looked for the program installation in the add/remove programs and, if the program was not shown, I simply reinstalled it with no changes in settings.  I had to reinstall my FSDT programs even though they appeared to be installed (again, for registry entries). 

I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 and it did save all of my directories for P3D, etc., but it was a nightmare getting everything installed properly again. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, on my old PC running FSX I reinstalled everything several times, easy, one HD few addons, I would waste few hrs for everything,  clean installation, that's it. Now, new PC, 3HD, some software here some software there, LOL.

Latest from support is that I don't have 748, I am currently in the air KPHX-EHAM, with 748,  7hrs and 22 minutes. Waiting from them to answer how is this possible. Clearly logs are showing exactly that, but what messed - nobody knows.

If I have issues with WINDOWS and corrupted files, I guess I have no choice then to reinstall everything. With more research more headache I am having, where to start and what to use. Repair, Fresh Start, wipe everything etc. Once on the ground I will download RIVA and try to remove everything from them, since none of their addons appears to be removable of my system conventional way and no installers are working. No AV on my system either to block something.

Or, maybe, since everything is currently working, to wait until their next update comes to see if that will help.But next update will require removal of old program and new installation.

Alex 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

I had to reinstall my FSDT programs even though they appeared to be installed (again, for registry entries). 

My issue is that we deleted registries manually, so I guess can't go back now.....Go figure and everything still working.....Or because I have Aleinware I have some aliens inside....🤣

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex