Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2019 for IOS Released

From Ipacs 12/15/2018: https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/13857-aerofly-fs-2019-for-ios-released/&postID=70986#post70986

Greetings fellow flight simmers,

The wait is over!

We are proud to announce the new release of Aerofly FS 2019 for IOS. It's been a long time coming and we hope that it brings many hours of enjoyment. Aerofly FS 2019 was designed around the PC version so expect a lot of true-to-life experiences in this version, including the new R22 Helicopter and Dash 8!

336-aerofly-fs-2019-screenshot-ipad-en-1

Aerofly FS 2019 lets you explore the world of flying in a quality never seen before.
Fly in any one of the 20 highly detailed aircraft available to you each with fully animated 3D cockpits that truly mimic the real aircraft. Learn to fly over 160,000 square miles of some of the most scenic terrain of California. Aerofly FS 2019 has highly realistic flight physics, detailed aircraft and a stunning photo realistic scenery.
Become a pilot and enjoy flying over the famous Golden Gate Bridge or visit Alcatraz Island; the choice is yours. Learn the basics of flying with our Flight School or practice landings in various atmospheric conditions using the ILS navigation system.
Aerofly FS 2019 features an intuitive user interface and requires virtually no training time. Whether you are a novice using the new optional copilot feature that lets you even fly a full route automatically or a seasoned pilot that wants to do everything manually, there's something for everyone.

FEATURES 

• 20 aircraft included ( Airbus A320, Airbus A380, Robinson R22 helicopter, F-18, Dash-8 Q400, Learjet 45, C172, Baron 58, ASG 29 glider, Pitts S-2B biplane, B737-500, B747-400, F-15E, King Air C90 GTx, Aermacchi MB-339, Corsair F4U, Extra 330, Swift S1 glider, P-38 Lightning and Sopwith Camel )
• Over 150 airports from all over California including KSFO and KLAX
• Assisted flying copilot
• Highly detailed and animated 3D cockpits
• Lighted cockpit at night time
• Automatic navigation tuning ( ILS, NDB and VOR )
• Realistic flight physics
• Sophisticated autopilot
• Interactive Flight school for learning the basics of flying
• High resolution aerial images of the San Francisco Bay Area
• Over 160000 square miles flyable area
• Display terrain features like mountains, lakes and cities for easy navigation 
• Adjustable time of day
• Configurable Clouds
• Adjustable wind, thermals and turbulence
• Replay system
• Different view modes

335-aerofly-fs-2019-screenshot-ipad-en-0

&thumbnail=medium&thumbnail=medium

This version requires one of the following platforms;

Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

IPACS claims the pace of development of AFS2 (Weather, ATC, AI etc) is so slow due to limited resources. 

But they find the time to develop a parallel version for an iphone???

Very strange drumbeat they march to... I totally do not Get It.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WingZ said:

IPACS claims the pace of development of AFS2 (Weather, ATC, AI etc) is so slow due to limited resources. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess that's where the money is. I for one have no interest in a flight sim that runs on a cell phone. That's completely retarded if you ask you me!😁

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Well if that's the case I like to know what's their excuse for not being able to get it to work better on state of the art liquid cooled desktop PC's?

12 hours ago, WingZ said:

According to Jet-Pack "two years of development time went into it": no wonder we still don't have ATC or even a preview of it. Imho they are taking on way too many things: mobile version, Mac version, PC version, Steam and DVD versions... They all have to be updated, maintained, etc. (although it seems only the PC version gets an update once or twice a year). No wonder progress is extremely slow. They should focus on ONE version: that's more than enough work already for such a small team. Releasing all those different versions and then leaving them as they are, without updating them etc. won't make anyone happy.

BTW I am surprised the R22 is in the iOS version already: Mac users have been waiting for an update and 'old' DLC for ages and now the R22 gets released on iOS in absolutely no time after the PC release!

Surprising release for sure.

The exact same reaction there was years ago from XP users, when XP mobile was announced. But according to devs, it was actually the revenues from the mobile version that gave them the resources to advance the desktop version. Without XP mobile, there probably won't be XP11 as we know it today.

Same thing for AFS2. It is a good thing that a mobile version is out, because I don't know if they would have been able to carry forward AFS2 with the current Steam sales.

It's easy to criticize and to know better from the outside.

• Like 5

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I suspect the business goal for IPACS is maybe not to offer a professional simulator with the same depth as P3D or XP11+, but a good entertaining game instead.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Aerofly has potential, but why waist time on a phone version, that's crazy, do a PC/Mac version, better by making it very easy to add third party aircraft & scenery, from devs and individuals, work on the ATC.

Probably it's not wasted time, because maybe with relatively little effort they could release the iOS version and thanks to its revenues, have more time and resources needed to improve the desktop version. That was the point of my post.

• Like 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

but a good entertaining game instead

I don't think general gamers will find AFS2 an entertaining game: it has no real gaming features. For that you'd need missions and level ups and whatever. Let's hope IPACS won't waste time on adding gaming features to AFS2.

2 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Probably it's not wasted time, because maybe with relatively little effort they could release the iOS version and thanks to its revenues, have more time and resources needed to improve the desktop version. That was the point of my post.

Very true. It's also why they went out of early access without noticable changes to the sim: they need the money. And you can't blame them for that. But this release was a surprise nonetheless. IPACS hardly ever says what they are up to but usually we sort of know what they are working on somehow (like ATC, the R22) or not working on (everything else that is on their to do list, which I rather call a wishing list because they aren't working on it yet). This release totally came out of nowhere though. I hope they sell a lot of apps and then get on with the real work. 😎😋

The trick with making money with phone apps is DLC. The user base on smartphones is less discriminating and DLC purchases from the Apple and Android stores are relatively painless.  With a flightsim you offer the base app for either a low cost or even for free. Then you provide aircraft as payware DLC. As a developer you have to hope that a young user runs up big bills with DLC aircraft before they get bored and lose interest.  Just like they do in every other game.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The trick with making money with phone apps is DLC

I doubt if IPACS heard of that trick. When someone asked if the Swiss DLC woud be released for the iOS version Jeff posted "We are not sure if or when Switzerland will be released for this version." Just like the Mac version which didn't get much love after its release. And we all know what it means when IPACS says something like "we are not sure." Even when they say they are sure, quit often nothing comes off it. In April Jeff posted "We are Working on getting some DLC over to you. Please give us some time here. Mac users were not forgotten." Yeah, right.

BTW I've been having big fun with AFS2 this weekend over Switzerland using user made cultivation so I am not simply bashing AFS2: there are things to like in it so don't get me wrong. 😉 I just don't like how IPACS handles the sim and the customers.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Murmur said:

It's also the case that each market segment is very (and sometimes understandably) impatient. While Ipacs has been making goodies for the PC, the tablet and phone market has been watching jealousy, and demanding attention. At some point Ipacs was in all fairness required to give some love to them as well.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5