Sign in to follow this  
ntydk

Saitek ProFlight Yoke Hall Effect Sensor Upgrade

Hi to all,

I have posted 3 video clips on YouTube for those who are interested to learn about how to replace the Saitek OEM faulty pitch and roll axes potentiometers with a set of Hall Effect sensors.

The only requirements are reasonable DIY skill and patience.  Do not worried - no soldering is required. 🙂

Here are the link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-wvCEZ1Is"     

Edited by ntydk
add more info

Might be a good post in the Hardware forum.  I gave up on Saitek, too jumpy over time, and settled on a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which works great in both Xplane11 and P3DV4, also Wings of Prey.  It is quite ergonomic, most comfortable controller I have ever had with a hand rest in the perfect position, allowing for fine movements of the stick just as I was taught in my real life flight lessons.  Your Saitek post should be a big help for those who encountered problems like I had, if they do not want to give up their controllers.

John

Hello Cactus521,

Nice to meet you here. 

Thanks for pointing out my post should land on Hardware forum. My sincere apology to all members in Hanger forum.

I am new in here and I want to do it right.

May I ask for your help to give me the info in how to move my post to Hardware forum?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by ntydk
Correcting mistake

You cannot, but I can... move it to Hardware that is.

I want to thank you for the videos. I'm a bit disappointed with my Saitek as there is an excessive 'null zone' on the right side. It takes about 3º movement before things start happening.

Funnily enough, I really didn't notice it until I tried using as my steering wheel in ATS and ETS2. At highway speed, making slight corrections to the right or going to the right around a curve becomes a real challenge in micro-movement!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello n4gix,

Really appreciated your response. Please move my post to hardware forum in your earlier convenience.

Well regarding to my upgrade project, it all started when the instability of my good old proflight yoke axes drove me crazy.

Having searching for Saitek potentiometer replacement turned out totally hopeless. I finally sat back and trying an alternative solution with hall effect sensor application.

Glad the hall effect sensor solution works. Love to share this to others with the same issue.

Thank you so much in advance.

Merry X'mas to you, your family and everyone in AVSIM 🙂