Avidean

There is a sniff of Prepar3D V5 in the air!

Taken from the EZCA support forum:

collage12.jpg

Hi, dear user of EZCA and new user.

Now is the time to say that EZCAv3Pro is coming soon.

Version 2 will still be sold and supported for Prepar3D v4.x, but it will not be upgraded for new versions of Prepar3D v5 and above. If you are enjoying V2, then you can keep enjoying it. If you want some of the new features of V3, you can upgrade to the EZCA3 Pro version for a special discount.

Now developers are completely devoting all the time for beta testing, so there may be delays in the work of technical support for V2. Please be patient, we will answer all your questions.
Edited by Avidean

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep I think 5 is going to be here sooner than we think. V4.4 looked like it was designed to clean up a lot of loose ends. V5 will likely break with the past in a big way. I would wager that there are a lot of Devs working on V5 products just like these guys.

• Like 3

That UI looks familiar. 😀

I'm sure I'll upgrade upon release. I'm a HUGE ezdok supporter!

for me, I would like to see the addon.xml method made mandatory.  Won't happen this version but I can hope.

Vic

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

From one of the questions I asked at Orbx forums - reply mentioned 4.5 in vague terms.  My bet is 4.5 out in 6 months followed by 5.0 in the fall.

Gotta save for Oculus Quest (All Wireless and with 2K resolution) and need a very beefy card 2080 TI or more by next year.

• Like 1

With the emergence of ChasePlane, I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product. Speaking for myself only, I can’t imagine a feature that will entice me to move away from CP.  Still, I’m happy there’s still an alternative to push ChasePlanes development; to that end, good luck to both developers! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

With the emergence of ChasePlane, I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product. Speaking for myself only, I can’t imagine a feature that will entice me to move away from CP.  Still, I’m happy there’s still an alternative to push ChasePlanes development; to that end, good luck to both developers! 

Competition most times is a good thing.

IMHO ChasePlane lacks quality in terms of shaking and vibration effects, I used to have OpusFSX/FSI and it had much more realistic results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product.

Never had a problem with it, been using it for years and looking forward to v3.

• Like 1

This statement pretty much put me off on EZCA.

From the developer...

CP is a clone of V1, though it is well developed today. It has always been and will remain a clone.

Did I miss something? Ezdok says "sim version 4.3"

Prepar3D 5 is a future plan but nothing proves they have info into that only they are going to make you pay to upgrade for it.

Surely LM is working on V5 already but it may still take till after summer 2019.

Imho a feature like terrain Lighting according to type of moon is being tested in V4.4 and will be improved for use in V5.

And I hope and also think that V5 will have a new engine which might mean no more backwards compatibility.  But that is fine with me ...

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

when 4.4 released a p3d dev mentioned that it would be the longest active release they had made yet, so don't hold your breath.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 238932 said:

when 4.4 released a p3d dev mentioned that it would be the longest active release they had made yet, so don't hold your breath.

I agree that tells us that V5 will be a bigger step then just an upgrade and could mean they will be bringing major changes to P3D, therefore take longer may be Q4 19. 

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 2

All I see is a statement that EZCA v2 will not be upgraded for P3D v5 or above. Am I missing something here?? :huh:

• Upvote 1

I love reading all these conspiracy theories 😂.

Simbol 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Didn't Adam Breed state in the last interview with LM that "P3D v4 still has a lot of life in it" and that v4 would be the longest sold version before a new release?  I bet that v5 will not be released before 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looking at the numerous complaints I have seen in this forum about the disappearing/slow autogen (over the last year or two it has resulted in several separate threads) I should think that this is an issue that should be at the top of the list to be addressed in the next release. Unless the problem is due to an inherent architecture design constraint that just cannot be overcome??

Be careful what you wish for with respect to v5. It may turn out to be an expensive upgrade....

Edited by Christopher Low

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

EZ dok gives me the feeling of really flying with the shaking effects, don't get that with chaseplane. That is a must have for me. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Be careful what you wish for with respect to v5. It may turn out to be an expensive upgrade....

It will be!  I am waiting for all the issues in V4 to clean up and stay with the last one for a while.  I spent way too much time on setup and upgrade than flying.  LOL

We were with FSX with 1 version for like 12 years and now we can hardly go a month with one version of P3D before we are chomping at the bit for the next version 

Be hanged before I turn around and buy my PMDG birds a third time.

13 hours ago, GSalden said:

And I hope and also think that V5 will have a new engine which might mean no more backwards compatibility.  But that is fine with me ...

Well that would make my day Gerard despite to have invest again, but with a new engine and to leave all that legacy stuff behind....

Edited by awf

I think some users here (NOT MENTIONING NAMES) have information about P3D V5 more than EZ had about any version of P3D, EZ don't even have access to beta releases, they always wait until LM releases the new point version 4.xx for them to start testing and fixing compatibility issues, mentioning P3D V5 in their post is just advertising for complainers (and marketing reasons) ahead of time that there will be no compatibility fix/upgrade for EZ V 2.xx to work with next major version of P3D, you have to buy EZ V3 from now to use with that new sparkling P3D V5.