Sign in to follow this  

There is a sniff of Prepar3D V5 in the air!

Taken from the EZCA support forum:

collage12.jpg

Hi, dear user of EZCA and new user.

Now is the time to say that EZCAv3Pro is coming soon.

Version 2 will still be sold and supported for Prepar3D v4.x, but it will not be upgraded for new versions of Prepar3D v5 and above. If you are enjoying V2, then you can keep enjoying it. If you want some of the new features of V3, you can upgrade to the EZCA3 Pro version for a special discount.

Now developers are completely devoting all the time for beta testing, so there may be delays in the work of technical support for V2. Please be patient, we will answer all your questions.
Edited by Guest

Yep I think 5 is going to be here sooner than we think. V4.4 looked like it was designed to clean up a lot of loose ends. V5 will likely break with the past in a big way. I would wager that there are a lot of Devs working on V5 products just like these guys.

• Like 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

That UI looks familiar. 😀

I'm sure I'll upgrade upon release. I'm a HUGE ezdok supporter!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

for me, I would like to see the addon.xml method made mandatory.  Won't happen this version but I can hope.

Vic

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

From one of the questions I asked at Orbx forums - reply mentioned 4.5 in vague terms.  My bet is 4.5 out in 6 months followed by 5.0 in the fall.

Gotta save for Oculus Quest (All Wireless and with 2K resolution) and need a very beefy card 2080 TI or more by next year.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

With the emergence of ChasePlane, I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product. Speaking for myself only, I can’t imagine a feature that will entice me to move away from CP.  Still, I’m happy there’s still an alternative to push ChasePlanes development; to that end, good luck to both developers! 

• Like 3

Matt King

45 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

With the emergence of ChasePlane, I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product. Speaking for myself only, I can’t imagine a feature that will entice me to move away from CP.  Still, I’m happy there’s still an alternative to push ChasePlanes development; to that end, good luck to both developers! 

Competition most times is a good thing.

IMHO ChasePlane lacks quality in terms of shaking and vibration effects, I used to have OpusFSX/FSI and it had much more realistic results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product.

Never had a problem with it, been using it for years and looking forward to v3.

• Like 1

David Porrett

This statement pretty much put me off on EZCA.

From the developer...

CP is a clone of V1, though it is well developed today. It has always been and will remain a clone.

Did I miss something? Ezdok says "sim version 4.3"

Prepar3D 5 is a future plan but nothing proves they have info into that only they are going to make you pay to upgrade for it.

Surely LM is working on V5 already but it may still take till after summer 2019.

Imho a feature like terrain Lighting according to type of moon is being tested in V4.4 and will be improved for use in V5.

And I hope and also think that V5 will have a new engine which might mean no more backwards compatibility.  But that is fine with me ...

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

when 4.4 released a p3d dev mentioned that it would be the longest active release they had made yet, so don't hold your breath.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 238932 said:

when 4.4 released a p3d dev mentioned that it would be the longest active release they had made yet, so don't hold your breath.

I agree that tells us that V5 will be a bigger step then just an upgrade and could mean they will be bringing major changes to P3D, therefore take longer may be Q4 19. 

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

All I see is a statement that EZCA v2 will not be upgraded for P3D v5 or above. Am I missing something here?? :huh:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png