Sign in to follow this  

There is a sniff of Prepar3D V5 in the air!

Didn't Adam Breed state in the last interview with LM that "P3D v4 still has a lot of life in it" and that v4 would be the longest sold version before a new release?  I bet that v5 will not be released before 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looking at the numerous complaints I have seen in this forum about the disappearing/slow autogen (over the last year or two it has resulted in several separate threads) I should think that this is an issue that should be at the top of the list to be addressed in the next release. Unless the problem is due to an inherent architecture design constraint that just cannot be overcome??

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Be careful what you wish for with respect to v5. It may turn out to be an expensive upgrade....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

With the emergence of ChasePlane, I’m surprised to see that flight simmers still view EZCA as a viable product. Speaking for myself only, I can’t imagine a feature that will entice me to move away from CP.  Still, I’m happy there’s still an alternative to push ChasePlanes development; to that end, good luck to both developers! 

EZ dok gives me the feeling of really flying with the shaking effects, don't get that with chaseplane. That is a must have for me. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

48 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Be careful what you wish for with respect to v5. It may turn out to be an expensive upgrade....

It will be!  I am waiting for all the issues in V4 to clean up and stay with the last one for a while.  I spent way too much time on setup and upgrade than flying.  LOL

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

We were with FSX with 1 version for like 12 years and now we can hardly go a month with one version of P3D before we are chomping at the bit for the next version 

Be hanged before I turn around and buy my PMDG birds a third time.

• Like 1

Vic green

13 hours ago, GSalden said:

And I hope and also think that V5 will have a new engine which might mean no more backwards compatibility.  But that is fine with me ...

Well that would make my day Gerard despite to have invest again, but with a new engine and to leave all that legacy stuff behind....

Edited by awf

André

I think some users here (NOT MENTIONING NAMES) have information about P3D V5 more than EZ had about any version of P3D, EZ don't even have access to beta releases, they always wait until LM releases the new point version 4.xx for them to start testing and fixing compatibility issues, mentioning P3D V5 in their post is just advertising for complainers (and marketing reasons) ahead of time that there will be no compatibility fix/upgrade for EZ V 2.xx to work with next major version of P3D, you have to buy EZ V3 from now to use with that new sparkling P3D V5.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:32 AM, GSalden said:

also think that V5 will have a new engine which might mean no more backwards compatibility.  

About time

Thus far I find no evidence of v5 in this thread.

• Like 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

17 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Thus far I find no evidence of v5 in this thread.

I saw 'V5' appear on my toast this morning.  Must be true innit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Using a spoon to spread your marmalade again 🙂  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Too funny. 🤣

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.