Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

PMDG 777-300ER egpws terrain shows all green

Yes, sure. But I think it should not happen for any range.

And it also happens for a range of 160 miles, please see my original post on the topic, linked above.

Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

The only time I’ve seen the all green effect on the PMDG terrain display was when I was getting false terrain warnings at an airport. Deleting ARPT_RWY.dat solved that problem. Could the OP’s issue be related?

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Likely a livery option. Check the options for terrain in PEAKS mode or not.

It's not the EGPWS, btw - it's the terrain database. Separate functions.

EGPWS is what yells at you when you get too close to terrain, and calls out when you are approaching the ground in a landing config.

Actually, the Terrian Display is a part of the Enhanced GPWS (EGPWS) system.  So is the Terrian Look Ahead function and alert modification envelope features.  The basic seven modes, which include the "too low gear" and "too low flaps" are part of the basic 7 modes of the GPWS system that has been around since the late 70's.  

Happy Holidays!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

15 hours ago, richjb2 said:

Actually, the Terrian Display is a part of the Enhanced GPWS (EGPWS) system.  So is the Terrian Look Ahead function and alert modification envelope features.  The basic seven modes, which include the "too low gear" and "too low flaps" are part of the basic 7 modes of the GPWS system that has been around since the late 70's.  

Kyle Rodgers