Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

P3d unusable - sending a stuck key ONLY in p3d???

Fired up P3d 4.3 today. Noticed my trim was runway into nose down position (mapped to up arrow/num pad 8). As soon as I'm in a flight in P3d my entire system is highjacked by what behaves like a stuck key. All windows constantly scroll to the top, and the menus in any application scroll wildly as if I'm holding down either the up arrow or the 8 key.

Through a dozen tests I've confirmed that this only occurs once P3d launches a flight. Killing the program eliminates the problem. It manifests itself in ANY aircraft.

How on earth is such a thing even possible? I've confirmed the program seems to think the 8 numpad key is stuck by deleting it in the slew mode control assignments. Renabling it immediately sends me around the globe.

I really have no idea how to resolve this... it's not a Windows issue or hardware since it's only active when p3d is running. Thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Sounds like something else is mapping to the same key - that can cause some wild things. Try assigning it to another key and see what happens. If it works then you have to hunt down the conflict.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, been going through those and don't see any conflict/assignment mapped to the 8 key. Cleared all slew commands from both the keyboard and throttle, same result. Seems I have an uninvited mystery here....

I'd planned to hold off on 4.4. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and go full reinstall 😎

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

why the slew commands? I assume you are also checking the regular assignments.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sorry, yes, seems that the stuck key is registering in all modes when p3d is running.... 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."