Sign in to follow this  
bdeweese

Pilot2ATC and Active Sky for X-Plane (ASXP)

Hi Dave. I just picked up ASXP. I know it just came out, but curious if there's any way to use the current P2A built in settings for Active Sky with ASXP - or if it will require an update? I nosed around a bit and couldn't find the snapshot file that P2A references for the setting - so I suspect it will be different in X-Plane and require an update. Is this a feature that you'll be able to incorporate into X-Plane? Thanks!

Active Sky for xplane writes to the standard metar.rwx file, so you just have to point P2ATC to read sim weather. 

Looking at a couple of sample METAR.rwx, the format and content is not the same as X-Plane's normal Metar.rwx file.  If your's is the same, then that might work also.

I understand that the Active Sky for X-Plane has a different location for the current_wx_snapshot.txt file at:

C:/Users/<UserName>/App Data/Roaming/HiFi/AS_XPL/Weather, where <UserName> is your PC user name.

It seems pointing P2A's Wx to that folder and choosing Active Sky Weather works.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
Updated Path

Thanks Dave! I was coming back here to post that I was having mixed results using the x-plane file when I saw your ur post. I also had to put ATIS back through x-Plane, otherwise I got the “no weather available” message when using the P2A option.

I will try your suggestion described above and see if that solves it. Thanks!

Hmm, i did 3 flights with ASXP this weekend and the "sim weather" seemed to be fine. Winds and altimeter shown in P2ATC seemed to match what i had in Xplane, but i admit i haven't looked so close to tell both were 100% identical. 

But thanks Dave, so I will be using Active Sky weather in P2A from now on.