Sign in to follow this  
Gunster

After reinstall joystick slider won't work.

After a reinstall of P3D.v4 my Hotas 4 joystick throttle slider is a) reversed, b) innactive.   Any ideas?

Do you normally use FSUIPC to calibrate the Hotas? If so, did you remember to disable the controller tick box in P3d control options? Controls>Other>Use Controllers>Enable Controllers.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Rockliffe, i have just found your contact.  Tnx.  I have FSUIPC installed in FSX-Se, but not yet in P3D.  documents say it works up to ver.3.2. Will it work for 4.4?  I had forgotten about it.   why is it necessary?   I calibrated previously with p3d itself.  Now I can't get the radios, PFD, GPS and even ATC to work at all. Frustrating.            will pursue FSUIPC tomorrow and stey in touch f I may. Gunster

1 hour ago, Gunster said:

Hi Rockliffe, i have just found your contact.  Tnx.  I have FSUIPC installed in FSX-Se, but not yet in P3D.  documents say it works up to ver.3.2. Will it work for 4.4?  I had forgotten about it.   why is it necessary?   I calibrated previously with p3d itself.  Now I can't get the radios, PFD, GPS and even ATC to work at all. Frustrating.            will pursue FSUIPC tomorrow and stey in touch f I may. Gunster

Hi Gunster, all I can advise is from my own experience. The paid version of FSUIPC 5 works perfectly in P3D V4.4, versions before V5 were specifically for 32 bit, but version 5 was released specifically for the 64 bit platform. I have used the Warthog with FSUIPC for the past seven years! But from what I remember, the Warthog specific drivers didn't work properly or something, I can't remember. All I know, is that using FSUIPC provided me a perfectly stable and efficient calibration. The Warthog main throttle and joystick will likely work fine under default calibration, it's when trying to get the other sliders, switches and buttons to work efficiently that the issues arrive. So in P3D V4, you clearly don't have FSUIPC, so are you using the Warthog drivers? 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Rockliffe,   Thanks for you help so far.  I don't have FSUIPC5 on board , but the previous version is drifting around - tho I've never tried to use it.  I noticed a different offering when I tried to calibrate so perhaps it is interfering.   Should I just remove all FSUIPC and revert to default?.  I don't have warthog either.   P3D worked OK for ages - why is it  good idea to add FSUIPC?     Gunster

Hi Rockliffe,  I have installed FSUIPC5 now, and I seem to have the throttle working as it should, but I still don't have any radios/GPS or ATC.   They aren't even present on the panel.

With FSX-SE and XPlane 11- SE I can 'validate' the local files.  Is it possible to do this with P3D?  Would you suggest I reinstall P3D?

17 hours ago, Gunster said:

Hi Rockliffe,  I have installed FSUIPC5 now, and I seem to have the throttle working as it should, but I still don't have any radios/GPS or ATC.   They aren't even present on the panel.

With FSX-SE and XPlane 11- SE I can 'validate' the local files.  Is it possible to do this with P3D?  Would you suggest I reinstall P3D?

Hi Gunster, sorry I'm not sure I understand, when  you say you 'still' don't have GPS or ATC? Are we talking default aircraft? One particular third party aircraft? Default ATC? Is the issue with all aircraft?

Howard

Hi Rockliffe The issue is with all aircraft,default and addon.  G1000 screens are blank with no power switch or dials,  Using shift + 3 gives nothing.   Hitting ATC contact button does nothing.  Radios have disappeared.  Now I find that my whole panel is missing - just the outlines of the instruments remain.for the Mooney Bravo.    My addon Mallard has instruments, but lacks radios, autopilot and buttons for ATC, and GPS.    P3D appears to be crashing while I watch.   Any ideas?

your best bet is  to post  your  issue  at the Lm  forum

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 hours ago, Gunster said:

Hi Rockliffe The issue is with all aircraft,default and addon.  G1000 screens are blank with no power switch or dials,  Using shift + 3 gives nothing.   Hitting ATC contact button does nothing.  Radios have disappeared.  Now I find that my whole panel is missing - just the outlines of the instruments remain.for the Mooney Bravo.    My addon Mallard has instruments, but lacks radios, autopilot and buttons for ATC, and GPS.    P3D appears to be crashing while I watch.   Any ideas?

Hmm, I think the best bet is, like Peter has suggested, post on the LM forum. I suggest you also post a few screenshots as well.

Howard

thanks Peter and Rockliffe.   I will try the LM Forum

I uninstalled the V4.3 and updated to V4.4.  this returned my radios, but Orbx scenery went missing.   The Orbx foldeer is still under the Prepar3d folder, but my updated version doesn't appear to be able to find it.

did  you  run  your  ftx  central  after   you updated  to  v4

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg