Sign in to follow this  
Federico

Take-off trim setting

Hi everyone! For some time flying with the beautiful NGX I’ve been asking myself this question: is the calculated takeoff trim setting already corrected? In the Boeing manuals there’s a correction table for the trim setting based on the engine derate you choose and I don’t know if you have to apply this correction to the fmc calculated value or not.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Ciao Federico,

The trim setting worked out by your FMC that you can read by your CDU (Takeoff reference page) is already corrected, based on your c.o.g. (center of gravity), faps setting and engine thrust .

In fact you you check it matches with FCOM trim setting tables .

Bye

Andrea Buono 

HI,

naturally I meaned: "in fact IF you check it". Sorry, it was a "typo".

Ciao.

Andrea Buono.

It is indeed corrected. Not only that, but it's the master if there's any discrepancy in performance calculation software usually. You set Flap, Take off M.A.C. setting (or double click in NGX unlike the real world) and select your Derate, assumed temperature setting and it will generate a trim figure.

• Like 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

And don‘t take this calculation too serious. If there is a difference of 0.2 of the stab trim preset or so you can forget about it. You have a very vague analogue display anyway. The main thing about this setting is to have no forces during the initial climb out. But if there is a little pressure on the yoke you can easily move your thumb after lift off.. 

21 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

And don‘t take this calculation too serious. If there is a difference of 0.2 of the stab trim preset or so you can forget about it. You have a very vague analogue display anyway. The main thing about this setting is to have no forces during the initial climb out. But if there is a little pressure on the yoke you can easily move your thumb after lift off.. 

Yeah, thanks! I asked a few pilots and they told me that the calculated value can’t be set precisely due to how the trim setting is displayed in the 737..

• Like 1