Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Having trouble with the DA62 accelerating on T/O

Hi everyone

I am a real world pilot but having trouble with the new Vertx DA 62.  Going through my pre takeoff checks and when ready push the throttles up.  Accelerate to about 58kt and no further increase in speed despite showing full power on the G1000.

Fuel pumps on, G1000 showing full power, T/O into the wind, brakes off - really not sure what the problem is, has anyone else seen a similar issue?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Parking brakes released ? Sorry for the question but if you chose to hide red informations, you may have missed this one. Ok, it happened to me. 🤣

Edit : you mentionned brakes off so I guess this is something else

Edited by RockOla

Hi Everyone

Still having issues but there seems to be some sort of conflict between FSUIPC and the DA62. 

I only have throttles and flight control axis' mapped in FSUIPC (no prop pitch or mixture) with a DA 62 specific profile for view changes etc.

I suspect its something to do with the interaction between the DA62 and FSUIPC because if i push the throttles full up and accelerate i will only get to around 60kt however if I go to FSUIPC and look at it then close it down (not even change anything) then switch back to the DA62 I immediately accelerate again as it should.

Sorry that this is so difficult to explain what i am seeing.  Can anyone offer support or any ideas?  How do I get hold of the Vertx people as I can't seem to find a support forum or should i be in contact in the FSUIPC forum?  The only thing about FSUIPC is it runs well with all my other add on aircraft and never had any issues like this before.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by barramundilure

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Are you starting a P3d default plane before loading the DA62? 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hi barriumundilure, send me an email and I'll see if we can find a solution. 

Thanks,

Sean

sean@vertxsim.com

On 12/16/2018 at 3:46 AM, barramundilure said:

Hi everyone

I am a real world pilot but having trouble with the new Vertx DA 62.  Going through my pre takeoff checks and when ready push the throttles up.  Accelerate to about 58kt and no further increase in speed despite showing full power on the G1000.

Fuel pumps on, G1000 showing full power, T/O into the wind, brakes off - really not sure what the problem is, has anyone else seen a similar issue?

I had the same problem.  I had to calibrate the brakes in FSUIPC  even though they were fine in other aircraft and seemed fine in the DA62.  I could get to 54kts.

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
addition

Bill  N7IBG     

2 hours ago, Sean Moloney said:

Hi barriumundilure, send me an email and I'll see if we can find a solution. 

Thanks,

Sean

sean@vertxsim.com

Will do when I get home Sean.  Much appreciated.

For those wondering, started the scenario with the default piper cub then changed to the DA62, and brakes appear to be working normally in FSUIPC with other aircraft but will take another look at that as well.

Other than this problem I am having, I like the aircraft very much.

Cheers

Tim   

Edited by barramundilure

Regards

Barra

Sounds like propellers are not set correctly.  Since the aircraft doesn't have prop controls... maybe you have hardware assigned to that axis that is interfering?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, when running DA62 you can't have prop controls on an axis. (you can use buttons, but axis will cause friction with DA62's own control of props)

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Same problem here. It's for me a random issue. Nevertheless I'm very happy with this wonderful aircraft !

MS Pro W7 64, CM Storm, CM Silent Pro 1000 watt, 2 x VelociRaptor 450GB 10.000 rpm, MB Asus P6X58D-E, CPU i7-980, 6GB DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX480, Asus GeForce GTX460 • TripleHead ( 3 x 1280 x 1024 [ 3 x 1] ), CP-flight Pro MCP and Efis, 11 GoFlight modules, Saitek Throttle en Pedals • FSX, Prepar3D Academic, FTX-Orbx scenery, AeroSoft scenery, REX-essential, PMDG 737NGX, TOPCAT, AivlaSoft EFB, Plan-G, RealAir Lancair Legacy, Carenado C210, 208B • IVOA member, VA Transavia.com

Fot those wondering, I have it sorted out now.  I had an axis on my throttle controller that has a noisy pot.  Even though there was nothing assigned to the axis it was obviously interfering with it, as soon as I removed the axis completely from the profile I had no problems.  Once gone, no troubles at all.

Hope this info helps anyone else with similar issues.

Edited by barramundilure

Regards

Barra

I see the same issue. Can you tell me (in a little detail) which axis you mean that you have removed - and from where? I have the Saitek/Logitech Throttle quadrant with theleft axis set to throttle 1 and the middle one to throttle 2. the right (which is intended to be the mixture lever on other airplanes) is unassigned. But at 60kts it stops accelerating. Your trick with opening and closing FSUIPC worked. 

I had the same issue with my crappy Saitek quadrant. Vertx was not accelerating past 60 knots at random times. I even had it happen to me mid flight, and I perished into the ocean. Reloading the aircraft helps temporarily.  My solution, I flushed fsuipc.ini, let it rebuild, set profile specific with only throttle 1 and 2 set leaving my third lever unused. So far so good. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The same thing happened to me and I made three runs at it finally shut her down for the night. Next day thought let's try again but this time I checked the fuel, low & behold I had a full compliment of fuel in all tanks. Reduced these to 50% each and whalla, was back cruising again. Check that next time. Since then I have set the fuel to let me fill it when I need it as opposed to P3D.

Edited by Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders