Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Having trouble with the DA62 accelerating on T/O

On 12/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, jimcarrel said:

Yes, when running DA62 you can't have prop controls on an axis. (you can use buttons, but axis will cause friction with DA62's own control of props)

That was a revelation! Disabling the prop function now lets the plane accelerate in a proper manner. 👍

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

I tried the same thing, that is deleting the FSUIPC .ini file and reassigning the controls.  OK so far.  😊

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Deleting the ini file was a bit drastic. I simply made another profile based on the profile I was using(Stick+CH Throttle), minus the prop assignments.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Deleting the ini file was a bit drastic. I simply made another profile based on the profile I was using(Stick+CH Throttle), minus the prop assignments.

Not really.  Actually I just backed it up.  I guess I should have said removed.  😉

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

On 12/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, jimcarrel said:

Yes, when running DA62 you can't have prop controls on an axis. (you can use buttons, but axis will cause friction with DA62's own control of props)

Now forgive me for asking, please don't send me to the back of the class, because I have not fully read the manual, but I thought there were no prop controls (pitch controls?) as the mixture and prop pitch were governed by the FADEC. What am I missing? Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Now forgive me for asking, please don't send me to the back of the class, because I have not fully read the manual, but I thought there were no prop controls (pitch controls?) as the mixture and prop pitch were governed by the FADEC. What am I missing? Cheers.

Prop and mixture controls are still needed by P3D's internal engine simulation. Sean's software controls them. If you have axis assigned, their outputs compete with values given by Sean's software. This can result in animation problems and handling problems. Notably "noisy" hardware like some Saitek tend to transmit "events" even if not actuated. Assigned buttons only transmit events when pressed. Therefore buttons should be no problem.

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

1st problem I've had with the DA, no matter what I select in the Avionics config screen (Remember, Cold and Dark or Ready for flight?) I always have the Control tower speaking without having anything fired up (avionics master switch, batter power nor ground power). It doesn't keep me from flying (yet it is bugging the heck out of me). This is with the new install (1.41?) I had no problems with initial release version.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's