Sign in to follow this  
ms2

Search function in addons manager

Hello

first many thanks for your's addons manager.

Most of mine sceneries 98% are now out of p3dv4.4 folder., (orbx stay in scenery.cfg)

Now a problem, I have, is with upgrading of sceneries.

I 'm looking for a search/ replace functions in your programm because I have a lot of addons.xml.

greatings

mark

4 hours ago, ms2 said:

Hello

first many thanks for your's addons manager.

Most of mine sceneries 98% are now out of p3dv4.4 folder., (orbx stay in scenery.cfg)

Now a problem, I have, is with upgrading of sceneries.

I 'm looking for a search/ replace functions in your programm because I have a lot of addons.xml.

greatings

mark

Hello Mark,

P4AO has a search function. Below the scenery list are a textbox to enter what you are looking for and a button to search for it (in scenery title and path). Not sure what "replace" means, the add-on.xml doesn't change when you update the content that it points to.

Btw, you should not create too many add-on.xml files. Try to group sceneries together in fewer XMLs, for example one XML for each country or one XML for each continent. Makes them easier to find too. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thx Oliver for quick answer, 

See now the text box, indeed.... and I look for creating future regrouped .xml 

To explain mine want of a "replace function"... Mine organisation is :

in disk P: P3D v3 (for keeping non 64 bits aircrafts)

and in disk S: P3Dv 4.4, the new fantastic version of the sim

the 2 disks having exactly the same folders structure. So, mine idea of a search/replace function is to change all S:\  to P:\ to have ultra rapidly add-ons.cfg for the older version of the sim in place of actual scenery.cfg

Best regards

Mark

1 hour ago, ms2 said:

"the 2 disks having exactly the same folders structure. So, mine idea of a search/replace function is to change all S:\  to P:\ to have ultra rapidly add-ons.cfg for the older version of the sim in place of actual scenery.cfg

Things like that could be done in a number of ways.

For large scale search&replace operations in text files (which the XML are) I am using Notepad++. That tool can even do it on external files, no need to load all of them into the editor. Open one file in Notepad++, then go to "Search"->"Find in files". You can find and replace text in all files in a directory and include all subfolders. So in your case you would search for "P:\" and replace it with "S:\", with filter *.xml in directory "Documents\Prepar3D V4 Add-ons" with "In all sub-folders" checked.

But in this case, the easiest way would be to keep multiple copies of the "\Documents\Prepar3D Addons" folder and just rename them as needed. So you would create one setup based on P3D V3 and another on P3D V4, and you could toggle between them just by renaming the main autodiscovery folder.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Discovering your message this morning, thx again

Nice answers, forgot this possibility of Notepad++

For multiple copies of documents folder, sure is the faster way.

greatings 

Ps: your programm is a jewel to answer to the LM recommendations