Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

FTX Vector Question

Hi guys,

I am trying to improve the look and shape of the Colorado Mountain Ranges to look as close to their real world counterparts as they can.

My question is, will FTX Vector help with this? I already have Global, and OpenLC. 

Are there any other addons that help with mountain ranges?

PR is always best for mountains. 

Vector will not help with the looks of mountains, A mesh addon would give more detail. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Agree with David.... I've been using the Pilot's mesh products since moving from FSX to P3D and mountains is a part of it.... but only a part.  Even the pancake flat plains become more realistic with a good mesh addon providing the natural undulations of our central plains.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Hi guys,

I am trying to improve the look and shape of the Colorado Mountain Ranges to look as close to their real world counterparts as they can.

My question is, will FTX Vector help with this? I already have Global, and OpenLC. 

I use UTX V2 and it helps quite a bit in the Rockies in that it brings out the detail in the roads, water bodies, and streams.  I think it might do a little bit of land class in those areas as well.  FreemeshX has a detailed mesh for the states I would check out as well.  I would stay away from FTX vector.  UTX is far superior IMO.

Matt Wilson

On 12/16/2018 at 6:11 PM, Mitch24 said:

Hi guys,

You will never get that done with Global, OpenLC and certainly not with Vector. As David said you should go for photoreal. Landclass will never make things look real close to their real world counterparts. I don't know what kind of simmer you are but did you look at Aerofly FS 2? It comes with Colorado (as free DLC) and it performs perfectly. If you simply want fo fly around Colorado scenery (in 2D or VR) Aerofly FS 2 Colorado can't be beat. If you want to fly study level planes and fly through real time weather, skip it though.

EDIT
Here is a rather random video I found. Make sure to watch it in 1080 HD.

Edited by Guest

I would also highly recommend you check out Bluesky Scenery. They provide fantastic photoreal freeware sceneries, that also come with their own high resolution mesh. They can look stunning. I think Colorado is the first area on their download page.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I would also highly recommend you check out Bluesky Scenery. They provide fantastic photoreal freeware sceneries, that also come with their own high resolution mesh. They can look stunning. I think Colorado is the first area on their download page.

Thank you all for the answers.

I have checked out a lot of photoreal scenery but, usually the Colorado Rockies are snowcapped for half of the year... are they summer photoreal textures? That is my big issue with Colorado Photoreal.. but its free so i guess I cannot complain!

Wait, are you saying the photoreal scenery depicts the Rockies as snow-capped during spring/summer and you don't like that?

I used to live in the southern Rockies. There were places at high elevations where it wasn't at all unusual to see snow on the ground in July. On occasion you'll even get fresh snowfall in mid-summer.

Here's Breckenridge's 4th of July festival:

July-4-Blue-River-Plaza-by-GoBreck-e1466

• Like 1

I LOVE Breck!

Ullr! Ullr!

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Avoid Vector altogether. It's not worth the millions of headaches and workarounds that you will need to get it going smoothly with addons. I have been Vector, SCA and NCA free and no more pauses or stutters.

• Upvote 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX