Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

11.30RC1 Performance

I participated in the beta and saw a big hit on fps on my system, which ain't the fastest.  But I read up on RC1 being released and as I do not quit, I loaded it up.  I am astounded at the performance improvement, it is even better than 11.26 was.  I do not know what Laminar did but it is like they did an X2 boost to the performance of the sim, panning is much smoother in my most complicated scenery and aircraft, for instance.  I just wanted to get the message out, go for the release candidate, so far it is a winner!  And even an old simmer can still be surprised as he approaches the big 60...

John

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I am astounded at the performance improvement

I too am impressed with RC1 although it is slightly slower than b7 on my system.  It is flying just fine for this 75+ year old flyer.  I see so many that are comparing it with earlier versions, but are flying third party aircraft and using scenery probably not modified by the developers.  It is not fair until you fly plain Jane releases with default aircraft.  I do not use VR as I would probably fall out my chair and break something I cannot replace.  Having flown since the first simulators, it is amazing what has evolved.   My system is an I7-4770 (no K) with 16GB DDRAM, and a GTX 1070 card.  Nothing special, but I can run 65+ FPS with most environments.  I am looking forward to VULCAN but don't really expect a great improvement until lots of things come online to make use of its capabilities.  I see nothing but good and expect to see more as this group of guys work their magic.

John  (Yep - another one)

• Like 3

John Wingold

42 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

I do not use VR as I would probably fall out my chair and break something I cannot replace. 

Hahaha! I almost fell off my chair when I read your post, very good one John!

Joke appart when XP reach RC status always performance return to normal at least this is what I saw since a lot of betas before.

Cheers

• Like 2

Alexander Colka

I don't usually do betas, so was disappointed and worried about FPS performance in the various versions so far.  Good to know this is a pattern and the RC candidates have improved things.  I'll update and check it out.  

I am on the fence but not sure whether to update or not (currently on 11.26) due to the addons I use. How about compatibility?

Does 11.30RC1 work with

- Flight Factor 757 v2

- Toliss A319

- Carenado PC12

- XPRealistic Pro ?

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

New to X Plane -have full on FSX and P3Dv4 setups

Enjoying this new OS

These constant system upgrades make life very “exciting “!

I find however it is my Scenery Addons that get glitches-Propstrike fixed one for me at Quatam River after an update  -or else the Addon airstrip will not install

Planes seem to remain unscathed 

I suppose it is all  part and parcel of a fast  moving developing Sim

Enough keeps working to keep me interested plus access to some new planes and airstrips is fun 

xxd09

The cockpit lighting is broken in rc1 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

That explains the smoother operation! Seriously, please stay on topic.
I also experience much better performance in rural setting, I sustain now easily 40 to 50 FPS, but not so much in highly urbanized settings, unfortunately. I still get around or slightly under the magic 20 FPS in cities.
It is much better with ortho and xEurope then with default autogen, so I am happy.
I guess compromises still need to be made, unless I get an unexpected funding and go flat out on new hardware.

My expectation was that Vulcan could improve this, but after reading the blog entries from Ben, I am not so sure anymore. It appears we have more gains now by cleaning up and preparing the code for Vulcan, then we will have with the new api itself.

And any improvement to the engine is welcome, of course.

How is it not on topic?

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

8 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

I am on the fence but not sure whether to update or not (currently on 11.26) due to the addons I use. How about compatibility?

Does 11.30RC1 work with

- Flight Factor 757 v2

- Toliss A319

- Carenado PC12

- XPRealistic Pro ?

I don't have the other add-ons, but the Carenado PC-12 works fine in rc1.

Or rather, as fine as it did in the non-beta version, where there are still some buglets like a clicking noise that Carenado has fixed internally, but not released yet. They've been waiting for 11.30 to go final before updating the model with that and other fixes. I'm hoping the list includes the wacky ground behavior with prop reverse, which is an old bug.

7 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Cockpit lighting works fine on the Carenado PC-12 in rc1 (just tested it). This may be an individual model issue.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Quite a lot of Freeware Addon airstrips out of X Plane forum/Downloads do not install-others do -why this is the case is not immediately obvious to me

xxd09

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

Cockpit lighting works fine on the Carenado PC-12 in rc1 (just tested it). This may be an individual model issue.

Not working in Zibo 737.

Not working in FF 767

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/165274-1130-rc1-b737-cabin-dashboard-lights-non-functional-at-night-vr-mode/

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley

Sorry to ask: will there be a stable version 11.30r1 or is RC1 supposed to be the stable version? No cockpit lighting in certain aircrafts is a no-go.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR