Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

11.30RC1 Performance

I usually like to do an objective comparison between 2 versions of a flight sim before pronouncing the update better than the previous version but in this case I'm willing to say that on my system there is an obvious performance improvement!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Steam sales going up month after month. It's funny seeing the pain of some p3d fun-boys here. 😁

But.... But......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 hours ago, pracines said:

11.30 is just another release that adds a few things and breaks a few things.🙄

I see no improvement in FPS; I have about 25 FPS at the same place with the same settings, just like since version 11.0. 

Where is ATC for VFR for example? - yet all this hype about ATC. Too small a team to do develop this fundamental, essential, and elementary necessity in aviation, but they can dive deep into PBR like AAA games do. 😖

I see more about items that have been fixed, or complicated "thrust vectors" ( which is a version #1 kind of feature - aerodynamics uh flight sim uh duh), and being able to take pretty screenshots, than anything truly useful in a flight simulator. It is NOT good when basic aerodynamics are still being fixed in version 11.3 - yet all this talk about being the best aerodynamically way back in version 8 days. 🤢🤮

I wish flight simmers would truly step back and look at this XP11 project with a clear heart and open eyes. Maybe we would finally start moving forward with some real innovation and features that matter in a flight simulator. Yes there are some good features in XP, but not enough at this stage and at this level.

WOW...auto toe brakes... really?? a prominent feature for VERSION 11.3???😖

The only kind of good thing is the 3D airport list grew some more...but it HAS too, because there is a LOT of catching up to do.

I am totally deaf to any defense of this project, so don't bother...but do join me, so this project (that has been around since 1994!) can one day be worth defending.🙂

Can you do a better job ?

and what is better than ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Maybe we all should just stop feeding the troll and get back on topic...

I‘m still on 11.26 but given all the positive comments, I‘m inclined to give 11.30r1 a try. By the way: Thanks to all who are brave enough to give the betas a try and report their findings here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

30 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Maybe we all should just stop feeding the troll and get back on topic...

I‘m still on 11.26 but given all the positive comments, I‘m inclined to give 11.30r1 a try. By the way: Thanks to all who are brave enough to give the betas a try and report their findings here. 

I went the cowards route and use 11.26 from an SSD, while testing the beta on a large regular drive.......

And of course P3D has its own SSD.... as does Aerofly. (I like variety)

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 12/16/2018 at 11:10 PM, John_Cillis said:

I am astounded at the performance improvement, it is even better than 11.26 was .....

Interesting, I get an approx 10 fps drop with 11.30 rc1 compared with 11.26 using exactly the same settings.  It's been the same for all the 11.30 betas as well.

Tested using the default C172 at default EGHI runway 02 with clear weather.  11.26 gives approx 60 fps and 11.30 rc1 approx 50 fps.

I do however much prefer the ground handling in 11.30.

Overall lower FPS for me as well. With weird shadow LOD issues.

Devons rig

I also am having a big FPS drop. I hope Laminar fixes it for the next release.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

17 hours ago, pracines said:

The only kind of good thing is the 3D airport list grew some more...but it HAS too, because there is a LOT of catching up to do.

Interesting point. Please drop in again and let us know when Lockheed Martin update the airports in P3D. 

• Like 2

My only complaint regarding performance in 11.30 is that clouds are a bigger drain than they were in 11.26.

Other than that, it's smooth sailing so far. The occasional deletion of the shader cache and preferences file after each update certainly doesn't hurt in contributing.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Fortunately I have time to spare and will ride along with 11.25 'til 11.30 is perfect (need better imoji's).

• Upvote 1

Good so far here with the latest. No more smoke in the plane.  Since  version 4, i had to reconfigure my throttle quadrant. It would not twist props, or open buckets,and louvers. CH throttle quadrant. Even though i  move it all the way back. I moved that to a button on the yoke{Ch}  Works good now.

Edited by Paul Deluca

Funny how my performance from the earlier betas went up, and others saw worse.  I was even able to up my AA settings, all others were maxed.  I worry that the final release might see worse performance, so I might just retain the release candidate.  Ground handling is improved I have noticed as well, less torque effect, more like real life.  I still believe Xplane has more realistic aircraft handling than my P3D install.  P-effect increases with roll that has to be slightly compensated for in climb, so true to real life.  My controller is great for that, it has good rudder authority and sensitivity, very much like real life.  I do not have rudder pedals, no room really and my cat would have a field day nibbling on the wires--anything she can make move she pretends is prey "Look human at the gift I capture for you!".  She is my sim co pilot, she cannot take her eyes off my screen when I fly.  She also watches movies and TV with me, and when I run my No Limits 2 coaster sim her lil head follows the track.

John

• Like 4