Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

11.30RC1 Performance

11.30 beta has been a hot mess and it's not quite over yet.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

11 hours ago, gpf3m said:

For me, 11.30r1 CTD when selecting flights in Europe.

Also in the default sim with no plugins?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

After many tests i think 11.30 works much better with threaded Optimization ON. From Process Laso you could check that almost all cores/threads are running during the flight and loading.

Performance is  better than 11.26 with some tweaks on Nvidia control panel + Process Lasso

stable 60s to 40s fps ,smooth with  no stutters , and no crashes 

qWrd03j.jpg

xA01JYj.jpg

Edited by Sanctus

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, Sanctus said:

After many tests i think 11.30 works much better with threaded Optimization ON. From Process Laso you could check that almost all cores/threads are running during the flight and loading.

Performance is  better than 11.26 with some tweaks on Nvidia control panel + Process Lasso

stable 60s to 40s fps ,smooth with  no stutters , and no crashes 

qWrd03j.jpg

xA01JYj.jpg

I did not mention in my original post that I have threaded optimization enabled.  It is not enabled by default, one has to enable it to get it to work with Xplane and other sims.  It did not help on the betas, not until the release candidate came out, then it helped immensely and I got better performance than even 11.26 and I was able to up my anti aliasing settings, enable shadows, features I had turned off before.  Laminar obviously reads these threads and our input is ever so helpful to them.  They simply make a quality product, a great sim in every way, and it keeps getting better and is full of good surprises.  I feel Laminar is better than Lockheed-Martin in giving more during their updates, although Lockheed Martin's P3D is still a good sim in its own right and a great successor to MSFS.  They saved the franchise, and both Laminar, Lockheed Martin, and dozens of add on developers saved our hobby when Microsoft pulled out of it.  Our hearts dropped when that happened, way back when, but devs came to bat because it is simply a good hobby, and moreover a great training platform for those of us who are flight students, like myself.

John

I have no idea whut this means...

fyvA2z.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

19 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I have no idea whut this means...

Update your video card drivers, delete the shadercache, delete X-Plane.prf. The latter two are regenerated when X-Plane is restarted and usually fix most issues encountered after updating.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Anyone here having CTD with RC1 and the cause being the "Shadercache" for both windows and linux ? strangely i need to delete the shadercache every time i need to sim else i am getting a crash , have reported it with the crash reporter and they say it's an OGL issue which they need to check. 

This started since yesterday out of the blue very strange.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

6 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Anyone here having CTD with RC1 and the cause being the "Shadercache" for both windows and linux ? strangely i need to delete the shadercache every time i need to sim else i am getting a crash , have reported it with the crash reporter and they say it's an OGL issue which they need to check. 

This started since yesterday out of the blue very strange.

Yup. I tried the fix in the post above yours and now have no access to the sim at all. LOL!

Luckily I still have 11.26 installed and it works fine.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

29 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Yup. I tried the fix in the post above yours and now have no access to the sim at all. LOL!

Luckily I still have 11.26 installed and it works fine.

Devon, what exactly do you mean by no access to the sim ? Doesn't XP load ?

About deleting the preferences and shadercache it just removes old code if it exists after an update I THINK.  

I am facing a stupid issue which i reported to LR that i need to remove the Shadercache since yesterday every time i want to use XP11 RC1 either under linux or windows, they found a problem with OGL with my bug report but it may very well be my scenery or my GPU drivers , honestly don't know. Something feels off to me with RC1. Well it could entirely be my system or something else.

I posted a picture of the error I receive. In the beginning, I could fly if I didn't use the view keys. Now the sim just crashes as seen as the scene appears.

Devons rig

50 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I posted a picture of the error I receive. In the beginning, I could fly if I didn't use the view keys. Now the sim just crashes as seen as the scene appears.

Have somewhat a similar error, but this happens after the flight has loaded ,  it works only after i delete the Shadercache folder and restart the flight.

JUst a thought : throw that RTX out it's useless 

Edited by HumptyDumpty

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, Cargostorm said:

Also in the default sim with no plugins?

Yes, default.  CTD when selecting airfields in Europe.

I fixed it for myself. Flyagi tweak utility was apparently causing the problems.

Devons rig

6 hours ago, gpf3m said:

Yes, default.  CTD when selecting airfields in Europe.

I figured it out.  I had a custom addon for Europe that is not compatible with .30rc1.  I removed it and all is "right with the world".

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I fixed it for myself. Flyagi tweak utility was apparently causing the problems.

Stopped using any plugins since a while , it crashes without plugins. the only thing i need to delete the shadercache. Probably must be the AMD gpu recent drivers that i have installed. 

Edited by HumptyDumpty