Sign in to follow this  
rennman

Wilco Tilt Rotor help!

Wilco does not seem to have a forum?

The Tilt Rotor definitely could use some extra help learning...

She wont hover in place...keeps drifting forward with stick centered...Any ideas?

the forward movement is pronounced...not just inching forward...the article says that fsuipc calibration is needed for ths AC, but no info on what or how...

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, rennman said:

She wont hover in place...keeps drifting forward with stick centered...Any ideas?

Yes, many ...LoL

A few questions first:

1. Are you using the BA609 Tiltrotor as is (like you got it from Wilco) or did you install any VSTOL addon later (like RCBvcb40.zip) ?

2. Does it do a true vertical takeoff with nacelles set at 90 degrees (== Full Flaps set) ?
(if so , means that FSUIPC is working properly).

3. You say "forward movement is pronounced" 
Can you quantify that (a few Knots, 10-30 knots, or higher) ?

Also, you say "the article says that fsuipc calibration is needed for ths AC"
Not sure which article you refer to, but fsuipc calibration in NOT needed (that would require a registered version of FSUIPC).
What IS needed, is that your controller (joystick, or whatever, axis) are calibrated properly. Like with any aircraft.
FSUIPC just helps doing those calibrations, but can be done in other ways as well (and not specific for this Tiltrotor).

Lastly: 
Observe the pitch/bank attitude and windspeed / direction, while the aircraft is "drifting"...…
The Tiltrotor will only hover "on the spot" (in the simplest case) when windspeed is zero, pitch/bank attitude is zero, and nacelles at 90 degrees.
In any other case, you can still make it hover "on the spot", by using stick input (elevator/aileron axis).
- "Elevator axis" input controls pitch attitude.
- "Ailerons axis" input controls bank attitude.
Even in windy conditions (and full Realisme set in FSX), you can compensate the wind to obtain a hover on the spot.

Example: if there is a 10-knots wind coming from 2 o'clock direction relative to the aircraft, you can compensate it to hover on the spot, by:
- Pitching down a little.
- Rolling (bank) to the right a bit.

Does this solve your problem ??

Rob

Edited by rcbarend
  • Upvote 1

She is indeed a difficult lady to master but lots of fun, unfortunately Hoverring is quite difficult as both rpm and cyclic imputs must be CAREFULY Balanced, she has a front run-away tendendy as it seem to have a HEAVY nose.

Berlopez

Wilco uses this forum for assistance:

Under MENU you should find a Wilco folder, in it you'll find PDF document how to fly her and use of it's systems.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Checkout these video from the wilcopub main product\support page\Extra

https://www.wilcopub.com/tilt-rotor-5523.html

READ THE FORUM RULES OR ITS' MODERATOR WILL HAVE YOU FOR BREAKFAST!

Edited by Berlopez

Unfortunately nothing new, I've been yelled at quite a  few times,it's very upsetting as Feelthere/Wilco seem to me as the only forums that behave like this. it's the moderator,I think who is probably underpayed,  never mind . stick to this forum and we will try to help yo in best way we can.

Hope the  New Year recieves you well.

PS:I warned you in my post above.December 20th.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

On the wilco pub firstpage there's a support form at the bottom of the page. this is not very helpful either I am afraid to say. Try that and read the manual,which you can find under Start\Wilco...

I found this forum where they also discuss the Tilt:

https://forum.simflight.com/search/?q=tilt rotor

Edited by Berlopez
guidance

Renmman I just found this on the forum of the site I suggest above:

"feelThere had nothing to do with theTilt Rotor . you need to contact Wilco Publishing for support and suggestions."

I don't know what to think anymore ?

4 hours ago, Berlopez said:

Renmman I just found this on the forum of the site I suggest above:

"feelThere had nothing to do with theTilt Rotor . you need to contact Wilco Publishing for support and suggestions."

I don't know what to think anymore ?

Why do I even bother to apperantly waste my time in replying in this thread ???? (see my first reply).
Since the OP doesn't seem to read it, c.q. answer the  questions asked.

The best (and I dare say: only) source on helping to solve  any (perceived) problems on VSTOL/hover in the Wilco BA609 Tiltrotor product was right here.
Being me, as the creator of it.

I'm out … Success ….

Rob

Edited by rcbarend
  • Like 1

Over & Out

Hope the new year welcomes you well.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Took me a few tries to manage this:

Land a-top the Royal Hospital in Copenhagen.

2015-5-4_21-55-32-759.png

Edited by Berlopez

FSX

BA- / AW-609

Hello, the BA / AW-609 needed to VTOL https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15393/fsx-vtol-hover-gauge-for-wilco-tiltrotor/.

The answer from Rob is clear.

"My" BA-609 (payeare , 2014 ) I left  for a long time in the sinking , because VTOL - Hover were miserable.

With Rob's  "rcbvca40"  the BA-609 now flies VTOL.

Furthermore ,  I changed the aircraft-cfg  a liitle bit . The plane at the VTOL-Hover  now also flies correctly horizontally.

My result can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oM6RFAsQdU

I wish you success .

Ulrich-Richard , 2019-07-25

Hey, not sure if this is still active or not, but I'm having an issue with the tilt-rotor too. When I put the rotors up into VTOL mode, the aircraft accelerates as if the rotors were all the way forward. But the next setting down seems to work just fine. I've tried the .zip file mentioned here, but to no avail