Sign in to follow this  
FPStewy

C310 Redux Cabin Light

I really like this aircraft and it's nearly the perfect twin piston (with a few modification) and I mostly like to fly at night and can I ask why oh why in this ultimate beautiful aircraft would you truelight everything except the cabin light ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

I really like this aircraft and it's nearly the perfect twin piston (with a few modification) and I mostly like to fly at night and can I ask why oh why in this ultimate beautiful aircraft would you truelight everything except the cabin light ?

Up until 18 months ago I was riding along in a 310 on flights from Easton, Md, (KESN) to KGSO and KAVL.  Only a couple of those flights extended into after dusk hours and I did not take specific note of the lighting. I do have to say however, that the MIlviz 310 Redux provides a much finer control of panel and instrument lighting than any other FSX model I can recall.  What specifically is the issue you are encountering?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, fppilot said:

I do have to say however, that the MIlviz 310 Redux provides a much finer control of panel and instrument lighting than any other FSX model I can recall.  What specifically is the issue you are encountering?

I've never seen a plane out of the box with adjustable cabin lighting, it's nearly perfect here with adjustable panel lighting. For example, I have the Carenado Caravan HD and the Stationair C206H and both have a soft panel light that you can leave on during cruise and I just press Shift-L to turn the main panel lights on/off to see the instruments as needed.

Now with the C310 you can't turn the panel on/off, you just adjust the lighting which is fine, however pressing Shif-L does nothing but flicker the radio lights. If I want the cabin lights for example when starting in a cold/dark I have to turn around and find the back cabin light in the dark.

Two things to make this planes lighting perfect, at minimum have the default Shift-L turn the cabin light on/off and then have a trulight knob to adjust the cabin light so that you can have a soft cabin light during cruise.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Hi.  You can turn the lighting system on and off.  Please see the manual for that.

All of our aircraft do not allow the usage of Shift L (or L) as these are used for other things.

This is not Carenado.  This is real life simming.  If you're flying at night with the lights on, that's very VERY dangerous as you've lost your situational awareness.  Use the gauge lighting.  

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

This is not Carenado.  This is real life simming.  If you're flying at night with the lights on, that's very VERY dangerous as you've lost your situational awareness.  Use the gauge lighting.  

I understand the quest for real life simming and Milviz does a fantastic job with the flying dynamics and it might be real life simming but I'm sure the lighting isn't, for example the pilot would have a flashlight in case he needs to see something which you can't do in the sim. The other issue now with P3D is the Moon Phase Lighting, no matter how maxed out the panel lighting is, it doesn't "bleed" into the cockpit, you can have a 2000 watt panel light but the pedals, yoke and trim will be pitch black which is unrealistic simming.

Even with the Moon Phase Lighting=false it's still very dark, IMHO until the technology of P3D's realistic night lighting and the AC making Devs mesh the interior lighting dynamics, it makes for an unpleasant and/or unrealistic night time flying, making for the need of some sort of cabin lighting fix. But that's my opinion.

8 hours ago, FPStewy said:

If I want the cabin lights for example when starting in a cold/dark I have to turn around and find the back cabin light in the dark.

Um, not quite. There are two other ways to turn on the cabin lights:

1) open the pax door (while on the ground of course!)

2) click on the wet compass housing (I put an invisible click spot there for convenience)

BTW, the cabin lights are TrueLight... :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

Um, not quite. There are two other ways to turn on the cabin lights:

1) open the pax door (while on the ground of course!)

2) click on the wet compass housing (I put an invisible click spot there for convenience)

BTW, the cabin lights are TrueLight... :biggrin:

yea any panel housings on the right side will do the cabin light, are you saying that the cabin light brightness can be adjusted ?

no.  It cannot be.  In the real plane, the cabin light cannot be adjusted.  It's on... or off.

For all further questions, please get on the support forums.  See my sig below for info on that.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.