Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Arizona Cardinal over the SF Bay Area

Giving homage to my hometown Phoenix football team by flying over where I used to live.  I edited the .cfg file to double the scenery draw distance so the Bay Area buildings would be in view during the entire flight from Napa to San Jose, as in real life, with no real penalty in performance.  I changed the distance default of 64000 to 128000 as suggested by another member after the latest P3d 4.4 update.  I like it, it makes flying much more realistic in terms of VFR landmarks to help locate airports when flying by dead reckoning, which is how Light Sport students like myself and ultralight pilots have to fly,

John

XUcMh2F.jpg
EDc9ODA.jpg
YSZaGh4.jpg
sqghyKx.jpg
eHS2Lfe.jpg
En02dvo.jpg
SnGFJry.jpg
MfEgUJU.jpg
6utLnrC.jpg
Ed1fkq1.jpg
XN2N4mN.jpg
gQtzEKL.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

John: You're nicely mixing up "real-life" flying with "sim-flying" - often over identical regions with hand-crafted scenery. That's wonderful. Not many of us can claim that.

• Like 1

Very nice flight, John

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080