Sign in to follow this  
Captain45

AI question

Since even P3Dv4.4 handles AI still in a 'stone age' manner, it happens to me often that f.i. all gates for 'heavy' are filled with AI aircraft, so there is no place to park  my QWB787 at my favorite gates on various airports. And... after loading P3D it happens that when I pushback, all of a sudden my place at the gate is taken by an AI aircraft.

I've got just one quenstion: Can WAMA reserve various parking spots so that they are empty when I arrive after a flight and avoid that the silly remplacement of my plane by AI during pushback. If so, I'll buy it immediately. I really don't need the other functions that WAMA is advertised for, but keeping gates/parkings empty for AI is essential.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Edited by Captain45

PC: Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 Cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ; 2 * SSD; 2 * HDD; 32"  monitor; Prepar3D v4.4, ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.2, 

Hi,

WAMA can keep ONE parking spot free for you (=one each on departure and arrival airport).

But if that is all you need, you could also try the "RemoveAiSleepers" tool. It is available as freeware on the Lorby-SI site. When it is running, it will reduce or remove all AI that are just sitting at the gates, doing nothing for the forseeable future.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oops.I see that RemoveAISleepers does not work on UTLive that I use. So I have to turn to WAMA.

Dirk

Edited by Captain45

PC: Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 Cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ; 2 * SSD; 2 * HDD; 32"  monitor; Prepar3D v4.4, ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.2, 

8 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

Oops.I see that RemoveAISleepers does not work on UTLive that I use. So I have to turn to WAMA.

Dirk

Well, in that case the problem lies more within UTL, doesn't it? Looks like the app is injecting more traffic than the airport can handle. Can this be configured from within UTL?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

According to UTLive this is something that P3D does. Of course, UTL injects, but the placement is by P3D. Even with lower settings it seems that the number of parked AI are not reduced in any way. I think the developper considers it 'nice to have' if an airport is crowded with AI. I'm not against that, I simply consider it annoying that I can't find a place to park my B787 unless I choose a gate that is not suitable.

I'm reading through the WAMA documentation right now. Just not have figured out how to keep gates free on departure and arrival airport.

Dirk

Edited by Captain45

3 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

I'm reading through the WAMA documentation right now. Just not have figured out how to keep gates free on departure and arrival airport.

Page 50/51 "3.12.4.Importing additional gate information"

WAMA can't keep gates free if it doesn't know where they are (it operates on geographic locations, and doesn't care about scenery data). So a procedure involving MakeRunways is required for that to work.

Gut feeling says not to use the WAMA app if this is really the only feature that you require. That feels like using an aircraft carrier to transport a crate of beer.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Well, I think I'll grab the beer and live with it. 😉

Dirk

8 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

According to UTLive this is something that P3D does. Of course, UTL injects, but the placement is by P3D.

Yes that is true. But I can remove the AI in a certain location, and so can UTL. Also, it should consider the size of the airports and only inject so much traffic that there are still enough gates left for the user to park on. Or at least a "panic" button, that removes half of all the parked aircraft. Or... there are probably a dozen things that UTL could do.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

From what I heard on the UTL forum, the developper has some serious medical issue in his family. He has other things on his mind. Development of UTL is stuck at the moment. Very understandable.

Dirk

5 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

From what I heard on the UTL forum, the developper has some serious medical issue in his family. He has other things on his mind. Development of UTL is stuck at the moment. Very understandable.

Dirk

So it has been removed from sales? I did not know that, I am no longer using AI programs.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

It is still being sold. The only problem is, that the development is stopped 'until later' and nobody knows when that will be. 

Dirk

Edited by Captain45