Sign in to follow this  
DanishZakwan

Prepar3Dv3 or V4 for level entry gpu

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to this community. Regarding to the title of this topic, I knew this question  had been asked for million times but most of them are mid range to high  range Pc.But mine is different.  i have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 Laptop which specs are below;

AMD APU A9-9425 dual core speed 3.10 GHZ turbo boost to 3.70 GHZ (including intergrated gpu R5)

Ram : 4GB

gpu AMD Radeon 530

HDD 1TB

I knew p3d cant well on laptop but  this laptop only i have right now. I'm not planning buy a desktop or buy a new laptop because I bought this laptop a few months ago

I would like to run P3D with pmdg only. Plus, I dont want to force my laptop to its limit

So, I would like to hear your opinion about it which version of p3d fill my needs 

Thank you,

Danish

If you dumbed down the graphics details low enough, I suppose you could. The memory would probably be an issue...

I don't know, if Prepar3D will refuse to start, unless certain system specific criteria is met? I haven't tried it. Perhaps someone else could chime in? 

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

14 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

If you dumbed down the graphics details low enough, I suppose you could. The memory would probably be an issue...

I don't know, if Prepar3D will refuse to start, unless certain system specific criteria is met? I haven't tried it. Perhaps someone else could chime in? 

Thank you for your opinion. 

Get yourself a one month developer subscription for each.  See how they run on that setup.  If it is OK, you could get purchase a full license for whichever version you wish.

I think Anders is right, the 4Gb of memory is going to be the biggest limitation.  That, along with the typically terrible hard drive performance on "consumer" notebooks, is going to make for a very poor overall experience.

Doug

According to this site, the Radeon 530 ranks 236th on an average of many user-submitted benchmarks, and it's basically comparable to the Intel Iris Pro 6100.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Iris-Pro-HD-6100-Mobile-vs-AMD-Radeon--530/m25925vsm375394

This user on Avsim tried running P3D on a laptop with an Iris Pro 6100, and his results were quite disappointing, even on low settings:

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 2

V4 will likely run better as it's had further optimisation than V3, and it futureproofs you too. I think LM offer a 30 day refund. At any rate, P3D should run better than FSX for the same graphic quality. However, on that setup it's not going to run that smoothly and you'll really have to whack the sliders leftwards.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

32 minutes ago, ddawson said:

Get yourself a one month developer subscription for each.  See how they run on that setup.  If it is OK, you could get purchase a full license for whichever version you wish.

I think Anders is right, the 4Gb of memory is going to be the biggest limitation.  That, along with the typically terrible hard drive performance on "consumer" notebooks, is going to make for a very poor overall experience.

Doug

Alright. Maybe I need to upgrade my ram at least 8GB because this lenovo laptop only have one slot for ram to the dealer. Thanks alot!

8 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

V4 will likely run better as it's had further optimisation than V3, and it futureproofs you too. I think LM offer a 30 day refund. At any rate, P3D will run on worse than FSX for the same graphic quality. However, on that setup it's not going to run that smoothly and you'll really have to whack the sliders leftwards.

Ok. I will take a look on that. Thanks a lot

24 minutes ago, virtuali said:

According to this site, the Radeon 530 ranks 236th on an average of many user-submitted benchmarks, and it's basically comparable to the Intel Iris Pro 6100.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Iris-Pro-HD-6100-Mobile-vs-AMD-Radeon--530/m25925vsm375394

This user on Avsim tried running P3D on a laptop with an Iris Pro 6100, and his results were quite disappointing, even on low settings:

Wow really dude. I thought this gpu comparable to nvidia 920MX. Anyway thank you

2 hours ago, DanishZakwan said:

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to this community. Regarding to the title of this topic, I knew this question  had been asked for million times but most of them are mid range to high  range Pc.But mine is different.  i have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 Laptop which specs are below;

AMD APU A9-9425 dual core speed 3.10 GHZ turbo boost to 3.70 GHZ (including intergrated gpu R5)

Ram : 4GB

gpu AMD Radeon 530

HDD 1TB

I knew p3d cant well on laptop but  this laptop only i have right now. I'm not planning buy a desktop or buy a new laptop because I bought this laptop a few months ago

I would like to run P3D with pmdg only. Plus, I dont want to force my laptop to its limit

So, I would like to hear your opinion about it which version of p3d fill my needs 

Thank you,

Danish

Unfortunately u are in a no win situation.  I just don't think u will achieve any sort of satisfying experience no matter what version u use.  But I would pick V4 for sure over V3.  U also might want to consider going with a payware aircraft that will be less burden on your system.  Something like the Majestic Q400.  It is PMDG quality and much less demanding on the PC.  One of the best flight models made as well. 

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

24 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Unfortunately u are in a no win situation.  I just don't think u will achieve any sort of satisfying experience no matter what version u use.  But I would pick V4 for sure over V3.  U also might want to consider going with a payware aircraft that will be less burden on your system.  Something like the Majestic Q400.  It is PMDG quality and much less demanding on the PC.  One of the best flight models made as well. 

Yeah. Maybe I need to run both sim by myself and choose which best sim for my laptop. Anyway thank you for stopping by.