Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Flashing sim with W10 in the windowed mode

Simbol what if Vsync and triple buffering is set outside P3D (which i have done and works fine with 4.4) just curious...

Edited by awf

André

31 minutes ago, nolonger said:

Try locking the framerate at 30.

I have the same problem on a new built/install.  I locked the framerate to 30 and the flashing went away.  Who knew and why?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

We experienced this during 4.4 Beta tests, LM advised to enable VSync and triple buffering to get rid of this behaviour.

Note this only happens on Windowed mode, if you run the Sim on full mode you should be fine without the need of triple buffering.

Regards 

Simbol 

Correct. As I have already mentioned, the Full mode is not affected by that flickering behavior

I too notice the flashing after new install of Win 10 yesterday. (I finally gave in). ONLY way to resolve is Vsync enabled in P3D.Which is no problem really. Drove me nuts man. Is this a driver issue, MS or internal P3DV4.4?

Edited by Adrian123

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Correct. As I have already mentioned, the Full mode is not affected by that flickering behavior

Enable Triple Buffering and you will be fine.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

Please right click on Prepar3d icon - go to properties and then to compatiblity - choose disable full screen optimization. This is windows 1809 issue or feature...lol

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Please right click on Prepar3d icon - go to properties and then to compatiblity - choose disable full screen optimization. This is windows 1809 issue or feature...lol

This is work fine for me to))

Does anyone have an installed fslabs a320? Their fsl_configurator will reset the value that I set in the properties of the shortcut prepar3d every time when its start...(disable full screen optimization)

Edited by gasparr

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I believe everyone is gonna face it when their systems force them to be updated to Windows 1809

I updated two systems to 1809 and do not have the issue. I fear it's system specific, some will and some won't.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

I updated two systems to 1809 and do not have the issue. I fear it's system specific, some will and some won't.

Vic

What nvidia drivers do you have? unless it is combination of 417.35

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

What nvidia drivers do you have? unless it is combination of 417.35

417.35 is what I use.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

417.35 is what I use.

Interesting - thanks for the update.  I am about to do full clean install of 1809 after Christmas, lets see what happens then.  

Hi, i also have this flashes in Windows mode.

i Tryed  this and all flashes are gone.

Edited by Alti