Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

A little help on displays

I am at KTPA right now.  I noticed today my left seat main display doesn't show the magenta route, nor the airport map, nor any VOR's, my right side display does show it.  What did I do to disable that feature on the left side?

MFC is fully configured.

Paul Gugliotta

Hi Paul. Just a thought ... perhaps an inadvertent mouse-click changed your Nav Display from MAP mode to VOR or APP.  Check the rotary knob above the WPT button on the glare shield. 

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

I am at KTPA right now.  I noticed today my left seat main display doesn't show the magenta route, nor the airport map, nor any VOR's, my right side display does show it.  What did I do to disable that feature on the left side?

MFC is fully configured.

Can't really help you until you explain exactly what your Captain's inboard ND is showing and what aircraft you are referring to (i.e. 744 or -8).  First thing though is read the manual and check your Inboard ND switches to see if you have inadvertently transferred the display or moved a switch away from its normal position.  

OK after a re-boot of the computer.  It now is normal.  When this happened I turned on the computer, loaded in the 747-8 at KTPA and imported my route in.  The right display showed the route, the left did not.  Both displays were in MAP mode.  Right one had magenta route ine and when zoomed in, it showed the airport diagram.  Left did not.  Even after hitting STA, APT, POS nothing ever changed.  I think it was a bad start-up.  All is good now - hope that don't happen again.

Paul Gugliotta

14 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

OK after a re-boot of the computer.  It now is normal.  When this happened I turned on the computer, loaded in the 747-8 at KTPA and imported my route in.  The right display showed the route, the left did not.  Both displays were in MAP mode.  Right one had magenta route ine and when zoomed in, it showed the airport diagram.  Left did not.  Even after hitting STA, APT, POS nothing ever changed.  I think it was a bad start-up.  All is good now - hope that don't happen again.

Sometimes things just happen, after all we‘re still on Windows. 

Yesterday I wanted to fly the 777 out of T2G VHHH and it took around 5 minutes to load the flight and then it felt so strange (50 fps unlocked xD) that I was sure something screwed up there.. I closed P3D, rebooted my PC and then it was fine... 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, paulyg123 said:

This happened to me as well one of the first times I flew the -8.  I'd loaded it from a saved postflight condition (Viracopos) and nothing I did fixed the problem.  I restarted my machine and initiated the flight at VCP from a "Cold and Dark" state and the problem went away.  In retrospect I should have submitted a support ticket.

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals