Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

ENVTEX SP2 Released

I ran Envdir, selected Envtex - clicked restore and disable. Then uninstalled Envtex. Ran the new installer and installed. Ran Envdir, selected Envtex and configured same. Installed into sim. Exited Envdir,  Ran P3D - all worked as expected. My Env version shows 1.2.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I ran Envdir, selected Envtex - clicked restore and disable. Then uninstalled Envtex. Ran the new installer and installed. Ran Envdir, selected Envtex and configured same. Installed into sim. Exited Envdir,  Ran P3D - all worked as expected. My Env version shows 1.2.

Vic

Finally, after gazillion times uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting, the dang thing is now working. I haven't got a clue why it now, all of a sudden, does work :)  

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hi Folks,

And some feedback please ?

Is it an earth shattering update - or - oh - looks a little different ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello guys !

After spending some time on our own forum solving the few issues reported, I'm now available a bit for you all here.

@hvw, glad it's now working, I'm still wondering what could have happened though. If you had a crash report in your windows events viewer, could you please post it in your topic on the TOGA forum? Such feedbacks always are welcome as we sincerely never succeeded to make Envdir crash during development and test phases for quite a long time (fortunately I guess as the base thing is now one year old and pretty much stable).

@helberger, if envtex is still being shown as 1.1.6, it means it was not properly installed, may be because of administrator or antivirus issues. Could you please reinstall using admin rights? It could also be corrupt installation files but I doubt so or the install wouldn't even have been completed.

@RichieFly, sorry if the manual is not clear enough, the entire team is french and as our reputation says, we're not really good at other languages 😅 To talk seriously, I'm doing my best in explaining things in the user manual but as it's not my native language I may not be always using the right terms. We actually are searching for someone who would be interested in correcting our user manual, if anyone is willing to help us, don't hesitate to leave me a message !
About the installation, it's now pretty much straight forward and we made it much more simple that it was before. As a very small company we're learning little by little from our past mistakes and we will continue improving the products in that way.

@Shomron, about ASCA integration, yes our clouds are now able to use the dynamic feature of ASCA, the only thing is to uncheck "clouds textures" in ASCA settings so their clouds are not overwriting ours. Just like ASCA does, Envtex actually installs several variants of clouds directly in the sim, then ASCA's cloud models are clever enough to choose the right one to display depending on weather.

I let the users talking about the final result as I wouldn't be very objective, but we feel the product have been incredibly enhanced with this service pack.

If you have a serious issue, I may not see it quickly if you post here so don't hesitate to post on the TOGA forum or to send us a mail 😉

Maxime
TOGA projects

So ENVSHADE is not touched when i try do revert back/restore ?

Would be nice with some text below the icons in the software (ENVDIR). My save configuration function has never worked btw. It always revert back to a state were it looks like i never have installed anything.

Oh my this is a complicated update./software

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

@kmax59 Kaspersky blocks everything your installer do. It literally goes crazy. Just FYI.

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

It shouldn't be actually, it is just uninstall and reinstall but it turns out it really is a bit complicated. Already tried twice and I have yet to see v1.2 version number.

Edited by costamesa

Ahmet Can

19 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So ENVSHADE is not touched when i try do revert back/restore ?

Would be nice with some text below the icons in the software (ENVDIR). My save configuration function has never worked btw. It always revert back to a state were it looks like i never have installed anything.

Michael Moe

No nothing is complicated, just uninstall Envtex, reinstall the new version and let the automatic update of envdir doing its job. After that you're ready 🙂

Your default shaders are being installed back if you use the restore function 😉

About your settings not being saved, it's an issue that was solved a loooong time ago.
One of the early version of Envdir had an issue that was corrupting the settings, this needs to reset the settings once. In the next version, we made the installer erasing the settings automatically for you, but if you missed this envdir update several months ago, you didn't get the automatic reset (we couldn't let it there for users who updated their software or everyone's settings would always being reset).

So the only way to solve this is to reset them once (using the Reset envdir setting shortchut in the windows start menu or the envdir help page), and reapply your settings manually once.
Then you can export them again and import them again as much as you want and this issue will never reappear.

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

7 minutes ago, costamesa said:

@kmax59 Kaspersky blocks everything your installer do. It literally goes crazy. Just FYI.

Thanks for the report, we don't have kapersky, but it would be useful if you could report this as a false positive, would it be possible for you? 🙂
That's strange as we enhanced our software signature, but no worries, Envdir is completely safe.

Maxime
TOGA projects

13 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Then you can export them again and import them again as much as you want and this issue will never reappear.

Thanks but this might be what i was missing out .I thought the sliders and the texture page(for water etc) was showing me last installed option/textures every time i opened the ENVDIR . Instead everything is like default.

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Yes - their naming convention is a little confusing - they have ENVSHADE which is a shader package similar to PTA... They have ENVTEX and it’s a complete texture package - which is what we are talking about here... Then they have ENVDIR that’s just some sort of wrapper that manages them both... So - yes - if you have ENVSHADE - you proabably still want to load the ENVTEX update...

Ah, thanks. But I now realise that it was ENVDIR I have (too). If that manages my ENVTEXT and ENVSHADE installations then I assume I install the ENVTEX update and then run ENVDIR to configure and install its textures into P3D. Right? I should I wat for an ENVDIR update to do the same?

10 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Ah, that is a great help! Thanks Vic! That's what I must do then ... 😉

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, kmax59 said:

yes our clouds are now able to use the dynamic feature of ASCA, the only thing is to uncheck "clouds textures" in ASCA settings so their clouds are not overwriting ours.

Then I assume we need to uncheck "Sky Colors" in Asca in order to use the Envtex sky textures. And, the same for the "Cirrus".

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

23 minutes ago, JesC said:

Then I assume we need to uncheck "Sky Colors" in Asca in order to use the Envtex sky textures. And, the same for the "Cirrus".

Thanks,

Jesse

Actually not, the sky textures in ASCA are working differently, if you uncheck these, you will loose the dynamic sky textures.

Maxime
TOGA projects

1 minute ago, kmax59 said:

Actually not, the sky textures in ASCA are working differently, if you uncheck these, you will loose the dynamic sky textures.

OK. But we do need to uncheck Cirrus then?

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

25 minutes ago, JesC said:

Thanks,

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

In the older version of ENVTEX - there was an ASCA compatibility setting for sky colors in the interface - you had the option of replacing ASCA textures completely with ENVTEX - or adding to the ASCA set so you had the combined ASCA + ENVTEX sky textures... I don't have the new one yet...

Regards,
Scott  

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7