Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

ENVTEX SP2 Released

Does this update allow u too integrate Sky Force cloud textures into ASCA?

Matt Wilson

Here's some important information I've pulled from the ENVTEX manual:

To take advantage of the dynamic texture injection you must check that your ASCA settings configured as shown below:

ASCA Theme Full Dynamics Cloud textures Disabled to use Envtex cumulus and

Keep the dynamic ASCA rendering Cloud structures Enabled if you use ASCA integration without using REX Skyforce Sky textures Enabled 

Cirrus textures Enabled (will use ASCA cirrus textures) or Disabled (to use Envtex cirrus)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REX Skyforce 3D integration
This feature allows you to combine Envtex cumulus clouds textures with REX Skyforce 3D from the Real Environment Xtreme team. It is completely safe and does not erase any REX SKyforce 3D file.
To take advantage of this feature you only have to check that REX Skyforce 3D enhanced cloud models are properly installed to your simulator, if you are unsure it is safe to run an install again from the REX Skyforce 3D user interface.
✓ Please note that installing any REX Skyforce 3D cloud textures after installing this feature will overwrite Envtex cloud textures, a new installation process in Envdir will be needed in order to get the Envtex cumulus textures back into your simulator

WAT1460.png

Noticed EnvTex has now special effect as well.

Does anyone know which effects interfere with the ones from precipitFX? I'm guessing it's touchdown, contrails, wing vortexes, but wonder if there are more.

1 hour ago, killkenny1 said:

Noticed EnvTex has now special effect as well.

Does anyone know which effects interfere with the ones from precipitFX? I'm guessing it's touchdown, contrails, wing vortexes, but wonder if there are more.

The previous version never interfered. I don't believe the update will either.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

To those who have upgraded, is it worth it?  To be honest how my Sky Force/ASCA/Envtex combo is set up makes my head hurt and I’m hesitant to mess with it unless the results are really worthwhile.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

To be honest if you are happy with the REX Sky Force cloud textures, there's not really a huge reason to upgrade.

The other changes seem to be a few new moon textures, new milky way textures (discrete [old default], spectacular, and invisible), new contrail effects, and one new environmental map option.

Another new option is the ability to have different theme sky textures for different times of day.

I think there are higher resolution grass textures that are available now due to the 4.4 update.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

And some feedback please ?

Is it an earth shattering update - or - oh - looks a little different ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

There's nothing to see here. Move along.

The interface is different. Some may like the change, some may not. For me...  just different.

I thought the cloud textures were going to be integrated "Dynamically" in ASCA similarly to the sky textures but now I realize that isn't what SP2 offers.

I only use the sky texture integration and the sun and moon options since I also use REX WWAHD, so I can't comment on the rest of the update.

I recommend the upgrade and I'm very happy with Envtex; but I don't see a huge change given the options I am using. Others may (probably) have a different experience.

Blue Skies!,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Is anyone else having issues downloading this update from Simmarket?  Their home page is slow to load and the download links aren't work for me.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

37 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Is anyone else having issues downloading this update from Simmarket?  Their home page is slow to load and the download links aren't work for me.

Thanks.

Working good for me.  Downloading now

Matt Wilson

8 hours ago, JesC said:

There's nothing to see here. Move along.

The interface is different. Some may like the change, some may not. For me...  just different.

I thought the cloud textures were going to be integrated "Dynamically" in ASCA similarly to the sky textures but now I realize that isn't what SP2 offers.

I only use the sky texture integration and the sun and moon options since I also use REX WWAHD, so I can't comment on the rest of the update.

I recommend the upgrade and I'm very happy with Envtex; but I don't see a huge change given the options I am using. Others may (probably) have a different experience.

Blue Skies!,

Jesse

Well Jesse, this update is a little more than a changed GUI. Every texture has been redone and there are now 6 GB worth of extra textures! Besides that, cloud textures ARE integrated dynamically in ASCA similarly to the sky textures now. Your realization is wrong.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Now as ENVTEX SP1 dynamically injects its textures into ASCA, how do they compare to the textures that come with ASCA?

By now I have used the sky textures from ENVTEX and the cloud textures from ASCA for dynamic integration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I noticed in ASCA there are numerous Envtex profies, they dont appear to be any different when you select one, so I just used the first.

Looks great.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

I'm going to put on my curmudgeon hat and say that the injection of dynamic textures in both ASCA and RSF is presently a feature without significant benefit. It's hardly noticeable and further, is a potential cause of stutters and crashes. It's bad enough when ASP4 changes and weather and temporarily stresses the hardware. Piling on the changing of textures in response just makes the potential for both stuttering and a CTD greater. ASP4 has spread out the visual impacts of a weather transition out over a longer time interval but that doesn't mean that the internal "data blitz" isn't creating instability. 

3 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Well Jesse, this update is a little more than a changed GUI. Every texture has been redone and there are now 6 GB worth of extra textures! Besides that, cloud textures ARE integrated dynamically in ASCA similarly to the sky textures now. Your realization is wrong.

Fair enough. Could be I just don't fully understand the meaning of "integration". At any rate I do recommend the upgrade and will continue to explore, test and attempt to better understand it. Thanks for your input.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals