Sign in to follow this  
Radial9

F1 GTN750 Unusable After P3D4.4 Update

Lucky Me. Two days later after confirming my address I get the following response to my Flight1 support ticket.

You should now have licensed forum access.  You do not need to register further.

OK…

So, I spend 20 minutes reading through the four-page history of everyone learning how screwed up with misinformation the updating process is. Trying to decide WHO Flight1 support staff is addressing or what question is being answered is almost impossible. It’s like the kid at the keyboard at Flight1 quickly typed out a cryptic response on his way out the door, over and over, for weeks.

Would it be so hard to take an hour and write a simple upgrade process that addresses the issue, pin it to the top, and lock it? It may save countless responses in a thread that is nearly impossible to follow. I know... I sound like a disgruntled old codger (actually I am), but wait… there’s more.

I jot down what I believe to be the process. Of course, I must totally disregard the instructions for reinstalling the software in the manual that came with the download dated three years ago. Update or delete it? Sorry, can’t be bothered.

So now the old version is gone. I attempt to install 2.07. Run as Admin… Choose to reinstall using my Flight1 account info as the method rather than the old wrapper and key file (been there, done that… no thank you). And what is the response…. “Sorry the information submitted could not be validated because your account login or password is incorrect.”  No.. it is not. I maliciously write these things down in my log book as they are created. I remember too as EVERY field in the entire full page Flight1 create account process has to be hand typed as 21st century auto-fill passed these guys by. Oh… and BTW  I also get “Don’t keep trying as too many login attempts will shut your account down”. Really????

$64.95 for software that is 85% Garmin Trainer software and now close to three days and as many hours of tickets, hoop jumping and head scratching. Dug out the ticket and started over. These folks should hang their heads in shame. And shame on me for buying from these people, once again.

Not Cheers,

Bob

Just received a response back from my inquiry via the Flight1 software support ticketing system.

"The forum account is separate from the Flight1.com account, so the passwords are different. I believe all you need to do is to install 2.07 on top of the earlier version.

Sorry you are having issues... but we just do not know the software here in the ticket system.. The main developer is working the forum and does not do tickets. If you post there at the forum in a new thread, and give us the thread, we can send it to the developers attention.

Thanks,"

This after reading on the site" The best way to get  support is via the support ticketing system."

This IS NOT a software support issue. It IS a ticketing, licencing and ACCESS issue.

Unbelievable.

At this point I'm just writing off the $65 and sending the developer of LittleNavMap a good donation. Love the program, I need to figure out how to make an aircraft profile that fits the A2A Bonanza V35. Should not be too hard once I find the data. I use LNM all the time for my Manfred Jahn C47 and quite frankly I don't see anything on the G1000 that I cannot get from LittleNavMap a WHOLE lot easier.

I have had a personal bias toward the old FSX GPS systems for years, mostly from the dial mouse PITA navigation while flying. I thought it was time to set that bias aside and learn GA GPS procedures. Worked out swell.

I think I will just stick with my VOR's, NDB's and good old pilotage for GA flying.

Cheers,

Bob

And on that note, we'll say goodbye to this thread.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors