Sign in to follow this  

So what happened to Navigraph survey results?

Competition is HEALTHY and drives development, in the long run. In the short run some devs might curtail or postpone plans or future development. I get the argument that the community is small and having a high percentage of the market drives product, but ONLY in the short run. Over time the health of the hobby depends on multiple platforms and developers willing to COMPETE. Look at the success of DCS in the face of what appeared to be overwhelming odds. I have an unopened copy of XP11 sitting right here. At some point i will load it up next to my DCS.

A VERY long term project is to learn how to configure my six existing GoFlight modules along with my MCP Pro and EFIS that hopefully get here before XXXX freezes over with Pollypot's GIT. Of note, looking over the Pollypot software page and the GIT forums, it would appear XP11 is the preferred platform for writing modules using GIT. That discovery spoke volumes for me. These are the ultimate simmers and they prefer to work on one platform over another. Interesting....

And Yup... I gave them 20 minutes for the survey.

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by Radial9

Rob, et al,

The lads at Navigraph haven't gotten to me about this yet... which tells me that they aren't ready to publish the data yet (the data has to be reviewed, the associated web page has to be created, etc.).  I know some of these guys, and they are hard working devoted people, and I'm sure we'll see the data as soon as they have it ready.

Hey, while we wait... does anyone know how Navigraph really got started?  I'd be happy to give you an abbreviated version... but I'd first like to know if anyone else knows/remembers.  It's an important story to our collective history.

EDIT:

Wouldn't you know it... I press Save to the above post and within seconds I got an email back from Navigraph, which says:

The reportings and statistics of all questions are finished and the document also in a first draft. We are now working ALL (means the whole Navigraph team) on the final version. It looks very good, to finalize all and to offer it soon for all.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

With only "more than 15,000" responses, I'm not sure this survey was worth the effort, especially with all the other organizations participating. 

I was hoping for hundreds of thousands of responses myself...oh well.

2 hours ago, pracines said:

With only "more than 15,000" responses, I'm not sure this survey was worth the effort, especially with all the other organizations participating. 

I was hoping for hundreds of thousands of responses myself...oh well.

Seems rather low but put it to use in combo with other surveys from Aerosoft and Avsims very own, plus whoever else has micro surveys and it should give a bigger true picture.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I don't think I ever voted in any Navigraph survey.  I must be slipping.  I do remember participating in one here, and another at Aerosoft.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I don't mind if the survey was sponsored. But I do mind being told that the results will be made available on a specific day when they are not,  without any formal updates.  That's just altogether bad.

14 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Well, considering the traction that XP has gained in the last year, perhaps it’s the other way around?

Yup, I got the impression from the Flight sim show at Cosford this year that stuff for XPlane was getting the most enquiries and a couple of the companies exhibiting there told me that was indeed the case. It doesn't actually surprise me that much. P3D is not widely advertised whereas XPlane is on Steam, so it is exposed to a vastly wider audience.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The problem I see is if you have three developers do there own survey you may get three different results based on the users of there products.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

47 minutes ago, rjfry said:

The problem I see is if you have three developers do there own survey you may get three different results based on the users of there products.

That's true of any survey for a given topic. Results will always vary based on who you are able to reach.

On the subject of surveys I did one a few weeks ago from a large software company not well liked by some simmers, who's software we use and flight sim came up in the survey how often you use it and which sim which included all the present sims, I did not take part in the Navigraph survey and I bet very few if any flight simmers did the survey by that biggest software company, who according to some did wrong by dropping flight sim. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

33 minutes ago, rjfry said:

On the subject of surveys I did one a few weeks ago from a large software company not well liked by some simmers, who's software we use and flight sim came up in the survey how often you use it and which sim which included all the present sims, I did not take part in the Navigraph survey and I bet very few if any flight simmers did the survey by that biggest software company, who according to some did wrong by dropping flight sim. 

No names but their initials are MS. 😉

53 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I did not take part in the Navigraph survey and I bet very few if any flight simmers did the survey by that biggest software company, who according to some did wrong by dropping flight sim.

More like, thank God they did.  A hindsight observation

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Wouldn't you know it... I press Save to the above post and within seconds I got an email back from Navigraph, which says:

Thanks for update Dave, patiently waiting ... 

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, thank you ... those EU folks need to get themselves more into flight simulation 🙂

Surprised by the AGE group results, I thought most simmers were old crusty dinosaurs like myself.

The annual spending numbers are depressing ... ugh.

Windows 10 usage is a positive!

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: what the heck is "Discord"?

Edited by Guest