Sign in to follow this  
sectorseven

27" 1440p, 144Hz, IPS, G-Sync Monitor

O.P.

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some help and opinions on the best monitor to purchase based on the above requirements.

I've got a 1080 TI FTW3 and will be looking to upgrade from my current BenQ 24" 144Hz monitor.

Having had the taste of playing on a 144Hz monitor, I can't go back to anything lower.

Therefore, I'll need something that's:

1) 144 Hz & above
2) 27"
3) 1440p minimum
4) Ideally not curved
5) G Sync
6) Below $800 AUD preferably

A current shortlist of monitors I'm quite interested in:
- AOC AGON AG271QG
- ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
- Viewsonic XG2703-GS
- Dell S2716DG
- Acer Predator XB271HU

Anyone have any experience with the monitors listed above? Any other recommendations?

Cheers

i am, looking for  gaming monitor with G-Sync   1440p with 144Hz refresh rate, overclockable to 165Hz ips 27   

i have one  link

with all the ips panels which i  found

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/43/othones-upologiston/f/489066_681619_690568_690572/27-G-Sync-IPS-144-hz-kai-ano.html

one my friend  from greece send me  this  link

see it  please and tell me  your  opinion for  these  monitors

Hi, I upgraded my old 24" monitor a few weeks ago, on Black Friday.  I had been researching 1440p resolution monitors for like a year, and was having a hard time deciding if G-sync was actually worth the extra cost. 

I ended up with an Acer Predator XB1 (model: XB271HU bmiprz) and LOVE it!  I couldn't be happier with my choice, as it is a very well made monitor (it is heavy), with vibrant screen colors and is very bright (even on the reduced blue light setting that I'm using). I was bit afraid of getting an IPS monitor, but my Acer has next to no light bleed issues, not even in the screen corners.

Every game I have is running so much better on it and all my flight sims are now so much more smoother.  For anyone who has wondered if G-sync is worth it, my answer is a most definite YES.

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I have a PG279Q, and I'm still impressed every time I turn it on. Yes, G-Sync works, and really well with P3D...even with framerates of 30 and below. Don't listen to the naysayers that tell you G-Sync doesn't work below a framerate of XX, it's not true, as G-Sync functions perfectly down to 1 fps. The PG279Q provides excellent color range, contrast, and sharpness. Mine is calibrated using a commercial color calibration tool (from my commercial printing days), and this monitor provides a very robust color gamut - I even use it for image color correction...it's that good.

I had considered the Acer monitor that Arwen owns, and to be honest, I can't remember why I chose the 279Q...in any case, either monitor will be a winner, and you'll be glad you own it.

If you buy the Q, you won't be disappointed!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I'm also looking for a GSync 1440p 27" (or larger) display for under £600. My main sim is DCS2.5 so wondering if I should go TN rather than the slightly slower IPS? So far I was considering these Acer displays:

Acer Predator XB271HU IPS 4ms £590

Acer Predator XB271HUA TN 1ms £584

In reviews I've seen apparently the Asus PG279Q has worse backlight bleed although apparently a more user friendly OSD menu.

Edited by Djang0

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |