Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Pilot

I cannot get my purchased addon aircraft to install

When v4.4 was released I decided to start fresh and now I cannot get any of my purchased addon aircraft to install using their included installers.

At 82, I just can't seem to get a handle on the new process.  I have been trying to use the Lorby tool without success. Will somebody out there take pity on a thick-headed old man, end his confusion,

and walk me through the process of using the Lorby tool.

Step 1.  I have downloaded and expanded the file.

Step 2.  What do I do next? 

Step3.  After step 2 then what?

And so on, and so on, and so on ----------------

What folders do I need to create and point to?

This would be an excellent chance to write a step by step guide that I am sure would help me as well as others who have realized that they are not as sharp as they used to be.  Old Age can be a mean old female dog who will sneak up on you and bite you in the rear end when you least expect it!!!

It's not a "one size fits all" thing Gypsy - there are different methods depending on the aircraft installer.

What a/c are you talking about?

Do you have the LATEST installer(s) for them.

Are they all compatible with 4.4?

If you just run the installer , what happens?

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

OK, Let's start with the new Stearman that Golden Age Sims just released.  

A fresh download

I always use a fresh download to assure that I am using the latest version and right now I am refraining from installing legacy aircraft.  Being a virtual Bush and Floatplane Pilot I do not like flying airliners and do not buy them.

Back to the Stearman.  I installed it using their P3D installer.  It completed the installation without any error messages but after the installation, it does not show up in my version 4.4 Pro vehicle list.

I just checked and I do not have an Addon folder in either the Documents or P3D Folders.  Should I add one?  Do I need to point my installers to it?  Sorry about so many dumb questions, but somehow, I have gotten myself totally confused.  I did not have this problem until after I cleaned v4.2 off of my machine and installed V4.4 Pro.

Dale

Ok, check these things:

1) you don't have any remainers of P3D 4.2 on your system.

2) open your Prepard3D 4.4 folder, open your SimObjects folder, open the Aircraft folder. Is there a new folder with the Airplane you just installed?

If so proceed to 3, if not find out were this was installed.

3) There is the possibility that your airplanes are being installed but are not showing due to a corrupted SimObjects.cfg file, there was an user here on Avsim reporting a similar issue were no default airplanes were showing.

He fixed it by following @Poppet advices on cleaning prepard3D config files, etc.

Let me know how you get on with Steps 1 and 2 first.

Regards 

Simbol 

I found the problem.

InfanView changed the thumbnail file extension from .jpg to .infanviewJpg. 

Once I corrected the file extension everything is working as expected.

------------------------------------------------------

As the Cheif Engineer answered the Skipper ------------

Chief, you said that it would only take 5 minutes to fix the problem.  Well, it's been 2 days now, What's going on?

Skipper, it will be fixed within the 5 minutes, once I find the !@#$#@ problem.

😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1