Sign in to follow this  
heloguy

Rolling back to 4.3

I purchased earlier this month, not knowing that 4.4 was released, and 4.3 was the only version that was working some other add-ons I purchased.  As it stands, I don't have a 4.3 installer backed up, as I never had 4.3 installed.

I tried rolling back to 4.3 client after installing 4.4, but when I open the Sim, it hangs at the scenario setup screen trying to load the F-22.  After a couple of minutes, it crashes to the desktop.

I've tried deleting the shaders folder, and prepar3d.cfg file after re-install of the 4.3 client, but no luck.

35 minutes ago, heloguy said:

I purchased earlier this month, not knowing that 4.4 was released, and 4.3 was the only version that was working some other add-ons I purchased.  As it stands, I don't have a 4.3 installer backed up, as I never had 4.3 installed.

I tried rolling back to 4.3 client after installing 4.4, but when I open the Sim, it hangs at the scenario setup screen trying to load the F-22.  After a couple of minutes, it crashes to the desktop.

I've tried deleting the shaders folder, and prepar3d.cfg file after re-install of the 4.3 client, but no luck.

Tried deleting your Add-on.cfg file?  What you described is textbook for that.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, heloguy said:

What add-ons?

Matt Wilson

7 hours ago, heloguy said:

Welcome to the forums.   

You need to state your issues clearly so that people know how to help you.  Your first paragraph doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so people will just stab in the dark trying to find solutions based on what they think you said - which is not really helpful.

So you purchased P3d V4 earlier this month - which would by default be v4.4?

You realised that most addons will only work with v 4.3?

So you tried to installed v4.3 instead,  so that your addons would work?  How are you rolling back to v4.3 if you have only ever purchased the 4.4 version?   

It sounds like what you are saying is that you are rolling back to a client 4.3 with content 4.4 and scenery 4.4 versions installed.   That might be the issue.

You cannot mix client and content/scenery versions in a downgrade situation. You need to have all of 4.3 complete installation. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

9 hours ago, heloguy said:

whats addons  are  you  referring  to here  that  don't  work,  since  most of  my  addons  are  working  with no issues   being  orbx, pmdg, fsl, fsdt  fstampa, real air,  a2a

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

True, the only thing I can think of offhand is Flyinside.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

36 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

whats addons  are  you  referring  to here  that  don't  work,  since  most of  my  addons  are  working  with no issues   being  orbx, pmdg, fsl, fsdt  fstampa, real air,  a2a

I don't think his issue is about to addons.  

Whether he returns or not, this does seem to be clear.

4.3 was the only version that was working some other add-ons I purchased.

I don't see any choice, as the 4.3 client apparently does not work with the 4.4 content and scenery.

Edited by nolonger