Sign in to follow this  
portanav

Long Startup of P3Dv4.4

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10, but since then when I startup P3Dv4.4 it takes about 5 mins. to get to the P3D start-up screen.

Can anyone explain what may be causing this. I have switched off the firewall without any change.

Thanks.

I don't know why that is happing, for me it depends were I start in ORBX regions longer over a minute OLC less about 40secs.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Three to four minutes for me. I figure it's due to large number of add-ons.

Vic green

in place upgrade or fresh install? (in place is never going to be as efficient as a clean install).

suggestions:
make sure you go into windows 10 privacy settings and turn everything off especially the background stuff. google how to disable the creation of thumbs.db too.
then do some OS housekeeping; run disk cleanup as administrator.

Try excluding all of your P3D folders from Windows Defender. It might be slow because the fires are being scanned for viruses as they are opened.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, portanav said:

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10, but since then when I startup P3Dv4.4 it takes about 5 mins. to get to the P3D start-up screen.

Can anyone explain what may be causing this. I have switched off the firewall without any change.

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

If you’re talking about a virgin installing with very few active Add-ons and 3rd Party Scenery then, yes, 5 mins is too long and likely to be indicative of a problem. At present I’m running temporarily with no ORBX and very few active Addons and load times can be measured in secs (20secs if you include the frequent 9-10sec delay before the splash screen appears).

I use the helpful Lorby-SI P3D Addon Organizer utility to configure the sim prior to startup. Disable everything scenery-wise you don’t need for a particular flight and load times will improve significantly. Guaranteed!

Regards,

Mike

My startup time is also extremly long, maybe due to addons and ai traffic, so the 

"make sure you go into windows 10 privacy settings and turn everything off especially the background stuff." sounds interesting. Can you please show where to find Win10 privacy settings, and what can be turned off in the background stuff?

"Try excluding all of your P3D folders from Windows Defender."  where in Windows Defender do I do that?

Sorry guys, but I'm not used to "messing" around with my PC, so what may sound like a no brainer for some, can be a lit bit tricky for me 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Having the same issues; it’s also fluctuates. Sometimes it’s 30 sec other times it’s 7 min. 

Matt King

Hi,

I don't know if that can help you but I had a very long time for loading scenario. Uninstal true image 2019 has fixed it...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

IMO P3D start-up times have increased from 4.3. to 4.4. But it was not dramatically. Maybe what was before between 90 and 120 s is now 150 to 180 s.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 minutes ago, supersym said:

Hi,

I don't know if that can help you but I had a very long time for loading scenario. Uninstal true image 2019 has fixed it...

that's an interesting point.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

hi

windows defender excludes can be found here

click start bottom left win 10

click settings  gear icon

click update and security

click windows security

click virus and threat protection

scroll down to manage settings (in blue)

scroll down to  exclusions add or remove  exclusions(blue)

click add an exclusion

click on file or folder etc

navigate to file or folder you want to exclude scanning

click on that file or folder

hey presto done

just repeat for more files or folders

jeff storey

privacy options: turn them all off

click on the notifications icon in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop taskbar.
click on all settings
click on privacy
go through the list on the left and for each 'turn off' on the right

(sometimes 'off' isn't an option.. use 'basic', 'never', etc).

turning everything off seems to have no detrimental effects (for me): sound, mic, etc.

photo indexing on the other hand which runs in the background I have personal experience of this always causing a CTD with FSX:SE (now on P3Dv44).

plus MS won't be recording everything you do and reporting back to the mother ship.

definitely do the anti-virus (defender) exclusions mentioned above also.

Edited by jpf

OK, I took the jump and excluded P3D v 4.3 and P3Dv3, and turned off all my Privacy options, so I just hope I haven't messed anything up or made my PC vunerable from outsiders.

Did it help with startup time........well maybe a little, it still took aprox. 4 min and 45 sek from clicking the P3D button, till I was ready for takeoff in the sim.

Jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11