Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Navigraph Flightsim Survey results published

Impressive growth on the X-Plane side this year!

If we follow the trend, it's going to dominate the community within a few years.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Most interesting points for me:

• XP11 is very close of being the market leader, if not already, which is a HUGE shift in just one year;
  • VR has also experienced a dramatic growth. More than 10% of FS users now have a VR headset with XP11 being, by far, the premier VR platform.

And this is coming from a provider (NAVIGRAPH) that is usually associated with tube-liners users that are more inclined, imho, to use P3D. Perhaps the real numbers are even more favorable to XP11?

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

11 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

• XP11 is very close of being the market leader, if not already, which is a HUGE shift in just one year;
  • VR has also experienced a dramatic growth. More than 10% of FS users now have a VR headset with XP11 being, by far, the premier VR platform.

And this is coming from a provider (NAVIGRAPH) that is usually associated with tube-liners users that are more inclined, imho, to use P3D. Perhaps the real numbers are even more favorable to XP11?

I'm quite surprised by the final numbers.  Interesting indeed.

LM better up there game! 😀  I was surprised to see even the original P3D (version 1), is still being used.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

14 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

• XP11 is now the market leader, which is a HUGE shift just in one year;

And this is coming from a provider (NAVIGRAPH) that is usually associated with tube-liners users that are more inclined, imho, to use P3D. perhaps the real numbers are even more favorable to XP11?

GC Braun

It is very interesting indeed.

I think with VR being the case along with the zibo mod and FF320, in X plane those where the first to make wide use of the in cockpit tablets which may have drove the subscription of navagraph chart. Navagraph by default is part of the X plane ecosystem, and as far as tube-liners, most of the major X-plane tuber-liners have navagraph support in their FMC. 

It also confirms how much interest X plane receives from You tubes.  Maybe some reluctant developers may start paying attention.   

Bob

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

LM better up there game! 😀

Yup, they had better pull something rather significant out of the bag very soon.

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

If we follow the trend, it's going to dominate the community within a few years.

Great to see P3Dv4 and XP11 now if XP matures even more with high quality system simulation aircraft / WX  and ATC😉

I enjoy both 🙂

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 1

André

Given the age demographics it looks like the hobby can anticipate quite a bright future. Pleased to see if we old 6% codgers make investments in time and treasure there is an up and coming generation to ensure we will be able to enjoy the hobby going into the future. I really did believe the hobby had come to an end with the MS exit. It's interesting to ponder if XP would have enjoyed the gain in market share they have had LM not breathed fresh life into the platform and provided a future for it.

Cheers,

Bob

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, awf said:

now if XP matures even more with high quality system simulation aircraft / WX  and ATC😉

I enjoy both 🙂

This is the difficulty, the SDK for XP lacks the power to allow 3rd party developers to push towards this end.

Unless LS do these things themselves, I don't see it happening.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 4

Just now, simbol said:

This is the difficulty, the SDK for XP lacks the power to allow 3rd party developers to push towards this end.

Regards,

Simbol 

It is happening already. ActiveSky is a major breakthrough for XP11 weather depiction. 

• Like 5

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Indeed, maybe is time for Oldprop starts to look to XP with love 😉 i would love to see some of your products on that side.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 minute ago, dmarques69 said:

Indeed, maybe is time for Oldprop starts to look to XP with love 😉 i would love to see some of your products on that side.

I fall in that 50/50 category XP11 and P3d. XP 11 for turboprops, P3D for commercial.

29 minutes ago, simbol said:

Regards,

Simbol 

Lacks? Well I don’t agree on that. It is something different than the ‘good old’ ESP FSX/P3D SDK. But we can’t stay forever with this “old” SDK and Engine. 

Edited by Matthijs
  • Like 4