Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

T2G MCO

Ok I know that Taxi2Gates KMCO isn't officially compatible with V4. However, after seeing a few posts here and there and some others saying it works fine I decided to purchase the scenery for P34. 

My only issue is that the taxisigns are in the middle of the taxiways and there are two windsocks. I removed the FTX KMCO files that sorted out the duplicate control tower issue, but the taxisigns and others are still there. 

Is there any fix for this? 

14 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

Ok I know that Taxi2Gates KMCO isn't officially compatible with V4. However, after seeing a few posts here and there and some others saying it works fine I decided to purchase the scenery for P34. 

My only issue is that the taxisigns are in the middle of the taxiways and there are two windsocks. I removed the FTX KMCO files that sorted out the duplicate control tower issue, but the taxisigns and others are still there. 

Is there any fix for this? 

Yes there is.

PM me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I also have the same problem, and I don't know of a fix.  I vaguely remember this being discussed either here at AVSIM or in the ORBX or T2G forums for some reason, but I don't think any of the fixes worked.  If you stumble on something, let me know.  Otherwise, It's an awesome scenery.  Just make sure to apply the fixes/patches and afcad.  They're on the t2g site somewhere. 

Just now, dal330200 said:

I also have the same problem, and I don't know of a fix.  I vaguely remember this being discussed either here at AVSIM or in the ORBX or T2G forums for some reason, but I don't think any of the fixes worked.  If you stumble on something, let me know.  Otherwise, It's an awesome scenery.  Just make sure to apply the fixes/patches and afcad.  They're on the t2g site somewhere. 

I have done some searching but with no luck. I do have the patches from the T2G website, but thank you for suggesting it.

Fear not my fellow simmers. There's hope!

• Like 1

What I did was go into the P3d and search for APX26210.bgl and renamed it APX26210.bgl.OFF.

This will disable the stock KMCO and possibly a couple of other airports in the Orlando area.   I started to go into ADE and fix it that way, but this was easier and much cleaner especially since I only use KMCO.  If T2G comes up with a fix it will be easy to change it back. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

Edited by Bluestar
typo

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I have it working perfectly.

I'm not sure how you guys have installed it. I had it installed in FSX, so I just copied the folders to a new location and added them into P3D using the .xml file method. There was 1 file in the FSX\effects folder that I had to copy over to the P3D\effects folder. It was taxi2gate_SPARK1.fx.

The fix for the duplicate runway signs is here (post #37): https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144253-grass-over-runway/

The thread mentions a problem with KJAX, but the same file also fixes KMCO.

You may not have noticed yet, but there is also an issue with trees all over the aprons as well. Fix is here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/117165-trees-and-houses-on-runway/ in post #19.

And if you want to make an add-on.xml file, copy this into a new file (correcting the paths, of course) and add it to your <Drive:>\<Your_User_Name>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Taxi2Gate - KMCO\ folder:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Taxi2Gate KMCO</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Taxi2Gate Orlando International Airport</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>G:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Taxi2Gate\KMCO\KMCO-TERRAIN\Texture</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Name>Taxi2Gate Orlando International terrain</Name>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>G:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Taxi2Gate\KMCO\KMCO-TERRAIN\Scenery</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Name>Taxi2Gate Orlando International scenery</Name>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>G:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Taxi2Gate\KMCO\KMCO\Scenery</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>G:\P3D\Addon Scenery\Taxi2Gate\KMCO\KMCO\Texture</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Edited by MDFlier
splleing errors

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

It took me long enough, but I finally figured out what the heck was going on.

Use my latest AFCAD for KMCO:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kqkg0v9ypoklgm/KMCO_ADEP4_JO.bgl?dl=0

Disable KMCO_AF.BGL.off or delete it.

To disable taxi light squares:  KMCO-WINDOWS_lm.dds.off

To disable Tree boxes:  KMCO-ARBOLES_LM.dds.off

Set mesh to 2 otherwise you might not see the bridges. This one drove me crazy. I had the mesh set to 5 and the bridges would not show up. At 2 they do consistently show up.

Edited by DJJose

Wow, thanks for the tips guys.  I'll check it out when I get back on-board for my next flight.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:55 PM, DJJose said:

Set mesh to 2 otherwise you might not see the bridges. This one drove me crazy. I had the mesh set to 5 and the bridges would not show up. At 2 they do consistently show up.

Wow. I feel silly. I've been using KMCO for several weeks and never noticed the 2nd control tower.

But "taxi light squares" and "tree boxes"?  I don't think I've seen those. Where do I look to see the symptom of these issues? The pole style taxiway lights look normal to me. Are these the ones that are supposed to have the squares? 

The real reason I came back to this thread, which was to report that I missed a file that needs to be copied over in my earlier post. I also had to copy the taxi2gate_lightpole2.bmp file from my FSX\Effects\Texture\ folder to my P3D\Effects\Texture\ folder.

The one big problem remaining (aside from the 2nd tower that I didn't see) was missing runway lights. I "fixed" those by using an AFCAD I got from the iFly forum. Pete apparently added default style lights to the approach and runways. I have not seen a fix for the Taxi2Gate runway lights.

Can I use your AFCAD to remove the tower and leave the one that fixes the runway lighting in place?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 12/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, MDFlier said:

Can I use your AFCAD to remove the tower and leave the one that fixes the runway lighting in place?

No. But, runway lights work with the afcad I uploaded.

Edited by DJJose

Hello @DJJose I have used your AFCADs and everything else to remove the light and tree problems. I now have no jetways 

Any ideas? Thanks

Liam 

Says file no longer available in dropbox

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

On 12/20/2018 at 5:55 PM, DJJose said:

On 12/20/2018 at 6:24 PM, shamrockflyer said:

The above works perfectly well for me! 

Can one of you upload the file?

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png