eslader

Is there a way to change the "type on FMS" hotkey?

Got an airport that uses SODE jetways, which are activated with tab-s, and PMDG planes intercept that tab and have me typing in the FMS instead of calling the jetway.

SODE does not appear to allow you to change the hotkey, so I'm checking to see if PMDG has a way. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can turn off the option to use the tab key to write in the FMS/CDU in the Simulations section. 

Jim Erwin

Yeah, I know about that one. There's no way to change it, though? I like the feature, but would like to activate it with, say, the control key.

Thanks for the reply!

17 hours ago, eslader said:

Got an airport that uses SODE jetways, which are activated with tab-s, and PMDG planes intercept that tab and have me typing in the FMS instead of calling the jetway.

SODE does not appear to allow you to change the hotkey, so I'm checking to see if PMDG has a way. Thanks!

SODE does have a way to change or add a hot key, and it is their documentation.  Since it is the season of giving I will give this one to you.

Open the SimObjectDisplayEngine.ini file in the programdata SODE folder and set your preference.  I use Shift+j just because Ctrl+j is the default jetway and I can remember it:

[General]
WatchdogEnable=True
SecondaryTextMenuHotkey=Shift+j
DebugMode=False
SoundEngineDisable=False

• Like 2