Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

22 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Day off? What is this? 😋

Christopher it must be something on your side.

If You feel Your in the right job - then You will almost always feel it as a day off 😄

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

You just have a nice Christmas break Chris and take it easy.😊

Regards.

• Like 1

Zdenek  Cebis

On 12/23/2018 at 4:57 AM, swap17 said:

Not outdated, just needs a mid-life upgrade enabling the EFB a lá 747-8 and few touch ups here and there, with which she will be good to go. Also the 777-200ER/-300 because that bird is far from being down and out and also why not?

I heard sometime in 2014 or so that the 777-200ER model is made, but the engine performance simulations (one of the hardest parts of sim developing) are not done. If I remember correctly this was said by a Ryan Maziarz or some other PMDG staffer, very old info though, lest we forget the PMDG dash 8 and J41 (for Prepar3d). God bless em though, developing ain't easy.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

8 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

I heard sometime in 2014 or so that the 777-200ER model is made

I think they early on said they wouldn't make the other versions...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

+1  Lets hope they will.....   Why not?   

What about an updated PBR 777 adding few engine and model variants?    Free update for existing 77L, 77W customers and "Financial form available " for new customers....😅🍻

The T7 is an iconic aircraft, its got many years for flying to the future....  talking about facts, its a very different history if we talk about the 747(and we have many variants available already).... so.... Why not?   Lets 772-ER!  😎✌️

Finish the 737 Max, go for the 772/3 variants and spread some positive energy by developing the 777X.

PoTrSF9OyqKm9r_56_0ijaALPR4hxOC_2DtP1Ixd

Happy Flying! 👍

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Tbh there are some -not many though- issues with the 777 that bother me more than wobbling engines... it‘s the only airplane that constantly gives me ntdll-crashes after around 7-8 hours, mainly in eastern direction and I start to disbelieve that this is to be resolved by getting rid of other addons. Couatl might still be an issue but since no other of my addons seem to be affected.... I can do super longhauls with the PMDG 747 as well as with the QW787, but not with the 777. that‘s frustrating. And there isn‘t much left I could try to delete/deactivate. 

Last night again I attempted a flight from VHHH to EDDF and it CTD‘ed after around 7 hours with an NTDLL.dll error, however the night before I did WSSS-LOWW with the 744 and nothing happened at all, it just waited for me at TOD. 

Please note, I don‘t ask for support here right now as I don‘t want to hijack this thread. And I’m aware that there is no forum flood about CTDs. However this does actually look like a PMDG thing as my sim has never crashed except for the 777 that can’t do long hauls. So I think there are some urgent things that should be worked on concerning the 777. And I hope she will get an update rather than an upgrade to at least fix these issues. 

17 hours ago, windshearDK said:

I think they early on said they wouldn't make the other versions...

they did but had also said they made a 200ER model that was sitting on someone's computer in the office while they think things over. To be fair, there wasn't enough time and dev resources to complete it properly.

Edited by captainsazzman
  • Like 1

Flying Tigers Group

2 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

they did but had also said they made a 200ER model that was sitting on someone's computer in the office while they think things over

what a tragedy

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

5 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

they did but had also said they made a 200ER model that was sitting on someone's computer in the office while they think things over. To be fair, there wasn't enough time and dev resources to complete it properly.

well, they are correct. Modelling the 200ER would mean modelling three seperate engines as well. 

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

1 hour ago, swap17 said:

well, they are correct. Modelling the 200ER would mean modelling three seperate engines as well. 

You mean like they did for the 747?😔

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

21 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

You mean like they did for the 747?😔

yes, but it will be a bit complicated as well because the 772 powered by PW has lower weights, higher fuel burn compared to the GE and RR powered ones. Also the PW bird was the lightest amongst the trio. 

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

2 hours ago, swap17 said:

yes, but it will be a bit complicated as well because the 772 powered by PW has lower weights, higher fuel burn compared to the GE and RR powered ones. Also the PW bird was the lightest amongst the trio. 

Surely PMDG could do it

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

A lot of interesting information here, and not all of it is accurate, or worthy of conjecture.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, swap17 said:

So....like the 747?

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.