Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

1 hour ago, lukejw20 said:

Nah. I'll wait for the update. I'm not going to pay thousands to switch and then hundreds every year to upgrade my license

I don’t think you know how p3d works sir

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Halbi said:

Let him be, I guess he likes the 32 bit world

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

8 hours ago, Chapstick said:

like how every thread on AVSIM eventually turns into debating a car analogy.

Really? I thought it was a long shot analogy. . . Didn't think it was common

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

33 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

33 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

Cause its easy for most to compare it that way.

Edited by Wothan

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

13 hours ago, jgoggi said:

That "TM" a bit... I don't know how to say, maybe "irritates" me, or is that verb too heavy? It sounds like PMDG want their customers to suffer… The update was expected at the beginning around Nov 1, so already 2 months later… In this time Leonardo issued 2-3 updates of their magnificent Maddog and they even added PBR textures... Oh, maybe the Italians are smarter, maybe that's the point… 😋

I find it incredibly frustrating that you live in the duality of the following: you complain when we don't say anything, and then you complain when we do. What would you prefer?

1. Choose to get updates as we provide them, without complaining about the lack of communication in between; or
  2. Take the news with a bit of flexibility in the fact that software development is never straightforward and occasionally slips, without complaining about the fact that we're providing the information that we can, even if the dates slip?

Over the years, I think I'm starting to get the impression that there's a choice in there to simply be unhappy, no matter what.

Also: the Maddog is what...one model? The 744 product line alone is something like 21, and lets keep in mind that it is both a texture and a model update, and each texture requires five layers of additional data, so that 5 layers for the one model (or 10 if there are two), and 105 for the 21 models we have to update. Can you copy/paste, sure...I'm sure there will be some way to cut down on the amount of work, but this comparison is dishonest. Not saying it's not a lot of work for them, but the 744 alone has a ton more work, just given the number of models we have in it...moreover, to my knowledge, they aren't working on any other products, whereas we are already splitting time between updates and our next projects.

Looking back at the disagreements we've had, I see a lot of assumptions made about the amount of work that goes into all of this. I'd ask that you give people a little credit - any dev, honestly, not just us - for the amount of work that goes into development, or put your money where your mouth is and actually give it a try so you learn firsthand that you're being unreasonable...nearly every time you post a complaint about timelines or difficulty.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, Halbi said:

I think I have a pretty good idea. I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of addons. I have:

Taxi2Gate Orlando

Imaginesim Atlanta

FSDT Las Vegas

FlightBeam Phoenix

PMDG 736,737, 738, 739, 744, 748,77L,77W

Aerosoft A318, A319, A320, A321

Thomas Ruth A330

FSND MD-83

Flythemaddogx MD-82

CLS DC-10

FTX Trees HD

REX Soft Clouds + Texture Direct

Active Sky Next

Aerosoft Zurich

Aerosoft Tel Aviv

And finally I have a lot of addon scenery from the library.

I just wanted to point out yes I know that the TOM A330 and FSND MD-83 are FREE so you don't need to talk to me like I'm stupid. But anyway, I would have to buy all these addons all over again for P3D, a price that will be twice as much than the FSX 32 bit version. And I think I would have to subscribe to some kind of license and make a yearly payment of like $200 or something around there. With all of these addons, running on a Windows 10 64 bit PC, FSX rarely crashes. 

Edited by lukejw20
And of course I have GSX and GSX Level 2

1 hour ago, lukejw20 said:

I think I have a pretty good idea. I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of addons. I have:

Taxi2Gate Orlando

Imaginesim Atlanta

FSDT Las Vegas

FlightBeam Phoenix

PMDG 736,737, 738, 739, 744, 748,77L,77W

Aerosoft A318, A319, A320, A321

Thomas Ruth A330

FSND MD-83

Flythemaddogx MD-82

CLS DC-10

FTX Trees HD

REX Soft Clouds + Texture Direct

Active Sky Next

Aerosoft Zurich

Aerosoft Tel Aviv

And finally I have a lot of addon scenery from the library.

I just wanted to point out yes I know that the TOM A330 and FSND MD-83 are FREE so you don't need to talk to me like I'm stupid. But anyway, I would have to buy all these addons all over again for P3D, a price that will be twice as much than the FSX 32 bit version. And I think I would have to subscribe to some kind of license and make a yearly payment of like $200 or something around there. With all of these addons, running on a Windows 10 64 bit PC, FSX rarely crashes. 

these are fairly less for a P3D extensive simmer. I have probably more Aerosoft airport sceneries than all your addons combined. Lmao

• Upvote 1

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

2 minutes ago, swap17 said:

these are fairly less for a P3D extensive simmer. I have probably more Aerosoft airport sceneries than all your addons combined. Lmao

Yes but do you have any PMDG's? I've heard P3D doesn't come with any airliners, which is what I prefer to fly

Do you think you might ask your question about P3D in the P3D forums not an update to the PMDG 400/-8 topic?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Let‘s compare our co..... 

could the pilots in here please turn away so it‘s not too embarrassing? 

This thread has turned into something really pathetic.

Edited by Ephedrin

definately agree it’s defo turned into a mess of annoying “people” who hijack the thread into a moan fest. Unfortunately it’s always the same people who are moaning and they moan when pmdg don’t give information and then moan when they do lol 

sad little lives they must lead

how about we all just look forward to the update whenever it comes out

• Like 1

Stewart Cumbers

8 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

FSDT Las Vegas

FlightBeam Phoenix

These two, at least I know off the top of my head you don't have to re-purchase for P3D since the one price gets you the FS9, FSX, and P3D versions.

8 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

And I think I would have to subscribe to some kind of license and make a yearly payment of like $200 or something around there.

Not quite correct. It would be a one-time cost. I don't see anything that says you have to pay it yearly.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Also: the Maddog is what...one model? The 744 product line alone is something like 21, and lets keep in mind that it is both a texture and a model update, and each texture requires five layers of additional data, so that 5 layers for the one model (or 10 if there are two), and 105 for the 21 models we have to update. Can you copy/paste, sure...I'm sure there will be some way to cut down on the amount of work, but this comparison is dishonest. Not saying it's not a lot of work for them, but the 744 alone has a ton more work, just given the number of models we have in it...moreover, to my knowledge, they aren't working on any other products, whereas we are already splitting time between updates and our next projects

While at best, a terribly poor attempt at belittling a fellow developer, no, Maddog is not one model. Or it is a much of a one model as 744 is. Don't dig yourself a hole, you might just fall into it yourself.

Edited by Slider

10 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

Yes but do you have any PMDG's? I've heard P3D doesn't come with any airliners, which is what I prefer to fly

Yes I do have PMDG's trio of NGX, 777 and the 744/748 QOTS II, and they work pretty well and are probably the most reliable and comprehensive payware addons you can probably buy on the market. 

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

32 minutes ago, Slider said:

While at best, a terribly poor attempt at belittling a fellow developer, no, Maddog is not one model. Or it is a much of a one model as 744 is. Don't dig yourself a hole, you might just fall into it yourself.

The strawman crew is strong this week...

i think my former post was quite clear: people have been on our case for not releasing a PBR update since the latest version of P3D came out. My post was simply to say that the comparisons being made are not fair. I'm relatively certain Leonardo would fully agree with me there. My "one model" comment misses the mark slightly, in that I had forgotten that they released an update the other week, but that's still 3 models versus 21. That doesn't make us better or worse. That simply notes that we have literally 7 times the work that they do in order to release an update of similar capacity.

Their product has 3 models. Ours has 21. These are facts. With this fact in mind, there is about 7x the amount of work necessary to get a PBR update for our 744 product alone. This is also a fact. Nothing in these facts is meant to belittle anyone, and I'm sure that if anyone asked them they'd agree with me. Hell, look at scenery...if one of the devs of scenery said "the airplane devs have it a bit easier because of the sheer amount of objects and textures that need to be updated for each of our products," I'd be inclined to agree with them. Even if the work were about the same, I wouldn't be at all offended by it - it's a lot of work. I'm not at all sure how someone could misconstrue what I wrote before unless they were specifically trying to stir up drama.

Don't try to inject drama into fact-based discussions. If anyone is belittling anyone, it's the people trying to pit developers against each other for these updates. People started comparing us, so I brought up the facts of the situation to note that the amount of work is different - no more, no less. If that upsets you, then I'd suggest taking a moment to consider why, because I say it with no emotional investment, and I doubt Leonardo would have an emotional reaction to it, either.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers