Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

Hello folks:

I am an old guy.

So, it is likely that I can rightfully say that “I have been there and I have seen that”

I am sad to see arguments get totally out of control and topic, as is happening in this post.

Small disagreements, become large disagreements, become small arguments, become large arguments, become insulting, become hurtful. 

Regardless of what simulator we use, what add ons we prefer, what network we chose to fly on line, what sceneries we like, at the end of the day, we are all enjoying this hobby called “air simulation”.

I like blue colors, soy milk, Nikon cameras and vegetarian lasagna. That doesn’t make me any better than any other person who does not like these things. I won’t try to convince the Canon guy to sell his cameras and buy Nikons. On the contrary, I will enjoy going with him on a shoot and learn from what he can do with his Canon.

I don’t frequent forums of other developers, so I don’t know if the discussions are as passionate as they are here. But there is a pattern in this one.

1. People get excited when there is an announcement! Yeah! The xxxxx is coming soon! ….My wallet is ready! ….. I’m opening the OC every 10 minutes! ….. etc. etc.
  2. The PMDG new item is released, and the forum is full of praises, questions and asks for help.
  3. Everybody gets to know the new PMDG item
  4. PMDG announces an update to the new item or an upcoming newer item 
  5. A few weeks go by
  6. People get restless. “Where is the update or the newer item?”
  7. Somebody mentions that another developer does it faster
  8. The whole thing starts to go downhill………..

Every time, the same thing!

I hope that I speak for almost everybody, when I say that whenever PMDG releases something, we all get excited, regardless of the fact that sometimes, the thing needs an update or two.

So, with that experience, why don’t we all make a resolution this last day of 2018, that we will let PMDG do its thing and wait patiently for any upcoming releases. We know that in the end, we will enjoy them.

As we will enjoy the items that other developers will bring forward, and we will wait patiently for those, without complaining in their forums either? 

I said that I am old. Did I say that I am also very naive?

Here’s hoping against all hope!

Happy New Year!

Roberto

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Roberto,

Well said. It is what it is and it will come out when it is ready.  I love my PMDG products and do not mind a bit of a wait.

Kyle sometimes can be read as being a bit rude.  But I learned long ago you can read into a post what you want.  I do not know him so I choose to just read his posts and not subscribe any "feelings" to them.  I choose to take the information he provides.  If you choose to read him as rude that is your choice.

I want Kyle to keep posting as I have learned a lot from him and the other PMDG folks who provide a wonderful product.

My only whine with PMDG is I would love the JS4100 and the MD-11 updated to P3D v4.  I understand they have their reasons, but I still would love it.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

On 12/20/2018 at 6:59 AM, rsrandazzo said:

I expect we will turn it over to you during the period between Christmas and New Year.

Happy New Year Robert, and all at PMDG,

I love your products which I have enjoyed immensely for many years and hope to do so for many more.  I can wait as long as needed for any updates - just started a SIA flight from Seattle to Hong Kong which I would have liked to carry out with the new updates, whatever they may be???

There was an old adage in England when I started out in my career - 'Say what you mean and mean what you say'. 

I know that you prefaced it with 'expect' - if you'd have said ' between Christmas and Easter 2019' you'd have been covered.

A few more hours in 2018 for you in the USA before you need to dig out the body armour.

Once more, Happy New Year to all.

Bernard Walford

Robert said: In the week after christmas 🙂

So this covers the full week till sunday the 6.1. 🙂

OK my bad that`s the headline. In the post he stated : the period between Christmas and New Year.

Hmm maybe the release it exactly at new year 🙂

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Most developers close threads like these right after the announcement to stop the flood of word not allowed stuff and comments from those who are never satisfied unless it was released yesterday. 

BTW, Roberto, I'm an old guy too, but I like red colors, I shoot Canon, I don't really like soy milk and I love meat lasagna.  And that was a great post!!

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

4 hours ago, Slider said:

While at best, a terribly poor attempt at belittling a fellow developer, no, Maddog is not one model. Or it is a much of a one model as 744 is. Don't dig yourself a hole, you might just fall into it yourself.

That is quite a mouth full from a chap with only 20 posts, you are clearly quite new.   A word of advice - your attempts at looking like a wise guy comes off pretty cheap unfortunately.   Are you a software developer?   Do you know what actually goes into software development?   If not, please tell us why you are qualified to give such a lofty opinion in here?   The biggest problem we have these days on public fora are people who think  or believe somehow they know everything about everything else and it gets a little tiresome.  

So please, just don't do it.

Quick question on the up coming update and it has nothing to do about release date, I'm fine when it ready. I spent the weekend doing a clean Windows 10 and P3Dv4.4l. I'm done with everything except for the PMDG 747. I've been holding out on the 747 until the update is released to keep my install clean. My question is simple, will the update come thru the Ops Center or will it require a Uninstall/Reinstall like past large updates. Thanks

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Thanks Roberto, you're a breath of fresh air in here.  And, no you're not naive...you pretty much nailed it on the head.  You'll get to know the "crew" of people as you are correct in pointing out it's the same people...I'm sure the list is the same for everyone who's annoyed by these folk...I'm sure Kyle holds the master list!  😄

I'm not "old" per se, but I'm definitely old fashioned, and appreciate old fashioned values that a lot of people have forgotten in the internet era!  🙂

• Upvote 2

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

2 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

Robert said via micro updates , but who knows.

Best. Happy New Year.

Miquel Egea.

Thank you Miquel. Happy New Years. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Scandinavian, you obviously do not know the Leonardo product and calling it "only" 3 models is a joke at best. As for 21 that you claim, lets visit that: show to us, good people, where those 21 models are, because I'd love to know on what I've spent the money, because nowhere in the release notes does it state specifically 21 models 🙂

Happy new year!

3 minutes ago, Slider said:

Scandinavian, you obviously do not know the Leonardo product and calling it "only" 3 models is a joke at best. As for 21 that you claim, lets visit that: show to us, good people, where those 21 models are, because I'd love to know on what I've spent the money, because nowhere in the release notes does it state specifically 21 models 🙂

Happy new year!

747-400
747-400M
747-400BCF
747-400D
747-400F
747-400ER
747-400ERF

Multiply that by different engine types (PW, GE, RR) and you get 21. That's not even including the 747-8. Also, this is provided right on the product description page. Each of these variants has their own performance data.

Edited by NEXTGENERIC
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, NEXTGENERIC said:

747-400
747-400M
747-400BCF
747-400D
747-400F
747-400ER
747-400ERF

Multiply that by different engine types (PW, GE, RR) and you get 21. That's not even including the 747-8. Also, this is provided right on the product description page. Each of these variants has their own performance data.

Not all of those models have all the engine options. The 400er and erf have only two engines. Don’t know about the others.

1 hour ago, ph-cxz said:

Not all of those models have all the engine options. The 400er and erf have only two engines. Don’t know about the others.

Maybe it includes the 747-8, in that case. But I guess the point is that Kyle isn't making it up.

7 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Hello folks:

I am an old guy.

So, it is likely that I can rightfully say that “I have been there and I have seen that”

I am sad to see arguments get totally out of control and topic, as is happening in this post.

Small disagreements, become large disagreements, become small arguments, become large arguments, become insulting, become hurtful. 

Regardless of what simulator we use, what add ons we prefer, what network we chose to fly on line, what sceneries we like, at the end of the day, we are all enjoying this hobby called “air simulation”.

I like blue colors, soy milk, Nikon cameras and vegetarian lasagna. That doesn’t make me any better than any other person who does not like these things. I won’t try to convince the Canon guy to sell his cameras and buy Nikons. On the contrary, I will enjoy going with him on a shoot and learn from what he can do with his Canon.

I don’t frequent forums of other developers, so I don’t know if the discussions are as passionate as they are here. But there is a pattern in this one.

1. People get excited when there is an announcement! Yeah! The xxxxx is coming soon! ….My wallet is ready! ….. I’m opening the OC every 10 minutes! ….. etc. etc.
  2. The PMDG new item is released, and the forum is full of praises, questions and asks for help.
  3. Everybody gets to know the new PMDG item
  4. PMDG announces an update to the new item or an upcoming newer item 
  5. A few weeks go by
  6. People get restless. “Where is the update or the newer item?”
  7. Somebody mentions that another developer does it faster
  8. The whole thing starts to go downhill………..

Every time, the same thing!

I hope that I speak for almost everybody, when I say that whenever PMDG releases something, we all get excited, regardless of the fact that sometimes, the thing needs an update or two.

So, with that experience, why don’t we all make a resolution this last day of 2018, that we will let PMDG do its thing and wait patiently for any upcoming releases. We know that in the end, we will enjoy them.

As we will enjoy the items that other developers will bring forward, and we will wait patiently for those, without complaining in their forums either? 

Here’s hoping against all hope!

Happy New Year!

Roberto

Roberto-

THIS IS FOR YOU, taken on the way out of PANC this afternoon with the latest build...

Vjh3rQ5.jpg

She's even better now (just doing a CDAP with 180 to LOC), and as ever I appreciate your enthusiasm and support of PMDG.  Soon my friend, soon...

C

PS- your DC-6 model still haunts my dreams :)

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper