Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

1 hour ago, Slider said:

Scandinavian, you obviously do not know the Leonardo product and calling it "only" 3 models is a joke at best. As for 21 that you claim, lets visit that: show to us, good people, where those 21 models are, because I'd love to know on what I've spent the money, because nowhere in the release notes does it state specifically 21 models 🙂

Happy new year!

You bought something without knowing what you were paying for? 

• Like 4

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

Carl:

Ahhh!!

Now I can go to that New Year's party with a smile on my face!

Thanks!!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I didn't want to be the one to break the news but PMDG is actually a secret U.S. government agency and all the developers are currently furloughed due to the government shutdown.  We can all stop continuously checking the Ops Center for the update as they won't be back to work until next week at the earliest. 😂

Eric Paul

Again I ask...what is being updated to cause so much excitement? 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Good point, I had forgotten about that 😬, but it must be something really good 😁

Edited by Lawy

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Bugs...lots of them...on the virtual window...helps it fly better with all the extra wings...

• Like 2

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I‘m really looking forward to the PMDG own forum where those avsim *peeeep* hopefully won‘t appear that much anymore... they spit poison, I can‘t read it anymore.

happy new year to those who have fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slider said:

Scandinavian, you obviously do not know the Leonardo product and calling it "only" 3 models is a joke at best. As for 21 that you claim, lets visit that: show to us, good people, where those 21 models are, because I'd love to know on what I've spent the money, because nowhere in the release notes does it state specifically 21 models 🙂

Happy new year!

Look in the SimObjects aircraft folder and start counting instead of trolling.

“An expansion to the MD-82 base pack, MD-83 & MD-88 variants that adds the two models.”

MD-82 base, plus MD-83 and MD-88

1 + 2 = 3

Now, this one is a bit tougher because it requires multiplication (that’s the one with the x symbol):

747-400
747-400M
747-400BCF
747-400D
747-400F
747-400ER
747-400ERF

That’s 7, and each of those has 3 models as part of it, so...follow along with me here...

7 x 3 = 21

21 is greater than (the > symbol) 3. This means “more work,” which also means more time to complete.

Now, I’m sure someone will want to be “that guy,” so I will note that a couple of those don’t have RR models, so, that takes us down to 19. Huge difference, I know...

The point is that more models equates to more work. Instead of arguing minutia, perhaps one should take a moment to: 1) pay attention to the point being made, and 2) do a little research before sassing people in a forum.

Now excuse me while I break out the Kendrick album and hit the next button 7 times (today’s post brought to you by the number 7).

Is anyone else following me here, or is this concept that hard to grasp?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I am following what you are saying! About the releasing information, I will take all the updates you have to offer. Heck slide me a few under the table too (I won't say a word to anyone). More information in my opinion is better than no information. I understand development takes time and kinks come in the way. I was just testing a piece of software recently and I cannot tell you how many times I tested 1 minor thing for it to execute as expected.

Is anyone else following me here, or is this concept that hard to grasp?

Well i had few shots of vodka and some beers to celebrate the new year and I’m still following you.
Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

I’m following you Kyle. I believe Slider actually believes you were slighting Leonardo, which of course you weren’t. 

Lots of intense work required by developers, and much appreciated.    BTW Happy New Year Everybody!

• Upvote 1

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Look in the SimObjects aircraft folder and start counting instead of trolling.

“An expansion to the MD-82 base pack, MD-83 & MD-88 variants that adds the two models.”

MD-82 base, plus MD-83 and MD-88

1 + 2 = 3

Now, this one is a bit tougher because it requires multiplication (that’s the one with the x symbol):

747-400
747-400M
747-400BCF
747-400D
747-400F
747-400ER
747-400ERF

That’s 7, and each of those has 3 models as part of it, so...follow along with me here...

7 x 3 = 21

21 is greater than (the > symbol) 3. This means “more work,” which also means more time to complete.

Now, I’m sure someone will want to be “that guy,” so I will note that a couple of those don’t have RR models, so, that takes us down to 19. Huge difference, I know...

The point is that more models equates to more work. Instead of arguing minutia, perhaps one should take a moment to: 1) pay attention to the point being made, and 2) do a little research before sassing people in a forum.

Now excuse me while I break out the Kendrick album and hit the next button 7 times (today’s post brought to you by the number 7).

Is anyone else following me here, or is this concept that hard to grasp?

I didn´t think it was allowed to talk about competitors products in the PMDG forum, or compare them to PMDG.

The MD-82 / 83 / 88 are not just 3 models

There are two engine types for the MD-82 and each version also comes with two different tails (Flat and Cone).

4 possible MD-82, 2 possible MD-83, 2 Possible MD-88 = 8 versions.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Don't feed the trolls, Kyle. It isn't worth the waste of oxygen required to get your fingers moving on the keyboard.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Kyle is in no way talking bad about any developers and of course you can talk about them. You‘ve always been allowed. And it‘s completely off any significance if there are 3 or 6 models. Really... it‘s less work and hence less time. Im this case even „much less work“. 

If you guys are done with trolling I would suggest going to your family for the 1st day if the new year and have fun. Once in a while this is great to calm down. Again: that‘s a hobby here. Maybe some people should remember this.

• Like 1